Preprocessor OpenGL c++ issue

Pages: 12
Regarding fstream.h - vs6 uses old, non-standard headers like that.

Perhaps this is the missing header: https://course.ece.cmu.edu/~ece796/project99/8/final/code/18-796Project/include/gl/GLAUX.H

It would be helpful if you communicated more specifically. Did adding a newline to Planet.h change anything? I don't think it will, but it will help to confirm or deny this.

Last edited on
Well my program always worked without GLAUX.H until I decided to make Mars inherit Planet.H and #include it.

I really doubt adding glaux would REALLY fix the problem, if it does then it's more of a work around.

Yes I tried adding a new line. No dice. My entire code is now available anyways. You can load it up by opening the .DSW file

As for not being specific about the problem, just look at the videos I posted in the first post.
Last edited on
I didn't say adding glaux would fix anything, that was for other people that are taking the time to actually try to run your code.
ok... so frustrating... I guess from the lack of replies giving substance I really should instead focus my efforts on upgrading to vs2010. Maybe that will fix the issue.
Why VS 2010? VS 2022 is now the official VS release.

Fair warning, C++ and the WinAPI have changed over the years. What worked years ago may no longer be what the new standards mandate.
George P
Why VS 2010? VS 2022 is now the official VS release.

VS 2010 Express was the last release without any restrictions for commercial use.
Maybe that's sth. to consider.
2022 has the Community Edition that has quite liberal restrictions on commercial/private use. If a company or indivudual has revenues over a certain amount, I don't remember what the limit(s) are, they can certainly afford licensing.

2010 doesn't support the latest C/C++ standards. *PTUI!*
2010 doesn't support the latest C/C++ standards. *PTUI!*

Actually it only supports minimal C++11
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12