Beginners - September 2014 (Page 30)

by csharp
help with some functions

Hello, I am writing some function that involve using structs and arrays the first question is void show(const Address address , unsigned elements...
[9 replies] Last: Actually it worked but I think the assert part is optional (checking p... (by csharp)
breaking a loop

i need the loop to break when i enter the new password. right now whenever i enter the new password, it shows " your password has been changed" and it goes ba...
[3 replies] Last: i just spent 4 hours to fix an assignment that only needed one more li... (by lonelylense)
doubleArray question (1,2)

Write a function called doubleArray that takes as parameters an array of Points and its size and returns a pointer to another Points array that is double the s...
[36 replies] Last: Lets touch some points: * Member initialization lists http://www.info... (by keskiverto)
arrange variables in array

Hello everyone. Kindly, i need some help for my assignment. So, assume that i have 4variables with constant value, how i'm going to arrange them? So, this is my...
[1 reply] : What is the purpose of order? Each time through your first loop num... (by admkrk)
Updating an array

Hello, everyone. I'm wondering if anyone could help me with a program I'm working on. Here's the instructions: The program will grade a series of exams and t...
[3 replies] Last: your update scores function is completely useless just delete it. You ... (by Yanson)
how to only accept certain input?

okay so im supposed to make the user only enter a certain input that i want. is it possible to do so using cin? if so how? Thank you!
[7 replies] Last: for and while are interchangeable in almost all cases - the reason... (by LB)
Displaying the Address of Chars

So we have an assignment in my C++ class to create a pointer to a char and the instructions are: For each declaration make sure to: a) initialize the pointe...
[4 replies] Last: Great! Thanks for your help guys :D (by tkolsty89)
While loop not accepting int changes?

I've read and re-read my manual, and have tried to come up with the proper search terms (But none come to mind), so I'm forced to be the imbecile with a newbie ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, both! :-) (by jadedcplus)
Trying to learn string class...function not working as I anticipated

I know the title is rather ambiguous, and I apologize for that. I can give a better explanation of the problem here. The code posted below is rather straight-fo...
[4 replies] Last: Well....there is always that chance that I'm just not paying attention... (by Acidbassist)
by Ganado
MinGW linking question, lib .a files

This isn't really about the language itself, more about the compiler, but can anyone explain the difference between trying to link libraries ... -lopengl32 ......
[2 replies] Last: Oh, well... I had been trying a bunch of other stuff since I posted th... (by Ganado)
C - Why are my variables retaining the value 0?

My variables are assigned 0 instead of what I type. What am I doing wrong? #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> void main(){ //Declaring variables to h...
[3 replies] Last: Nvm. I solved it thanks MiNipa (by sakonpure6)
Getters/Setters and object oriented design? Is everything my school teaches wrong? (1,2)

Hey everyone, I took the time to read the stickies so I hope my first post here follows the guidelines. I've just started learning c++ after transitioning fr...
[23 replies] Last: Yes, my examples are extreme (especially the networking ones). 99% of ... (by LB)
by mtmsl
Creating Arrays Using the Free Store

Hello everyone. I’m trying to teach myself programming, so I picked up this book and I’m working all the exercises. I’ve run into a stumbling block on one...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, I found a solution for this exercise and figured out what I was do... (by mtmsl)
int main

what does int main with an empty () mean?
[4 replies] Last: oh ok thanks (by LATCH100)
by akai09
NEED HELP! (CONFUSED......)

Hey guys i need help. i know its basic but its really confusing for me so im asking for a help. I need to create this shapes in c++ along with hello world! i k...
[6 replies] Last: This works. Take note of the changes. #include<iostream> using names... (by shadowCODE)
Can you scroll in the console box?

I wrote a program that reads in a file and then outputs it into the console. There is a lot of comments in the file so it doesn't all fit on one window. Is ther...
[2 replies] Last: Pipe the output through more or less http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI... (by Lowest0ne)
C++ “multi-line” comment format

how do you use the C++ “multi-line” comment format?
[4 replies] Last: shadowCODE is right, but just to add: for purposes of putting it "abov... (by Ganado)
did i spell it wrong?#include <iomopin>

I cant remember the library i just learned in class it something like this #include <iomopin> its used for setw() #include <iomopin> //i copied it fr...
[2 replies] Last: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/header http://en.cppreference.com/w/... (by MiiNiPaa)
make a pyramid using loops

I am trying to create the pyramid (with 4 rows) using while loops. I think I have the idea correct but it's not outputting the pyramid right. I think it has mos...
[2 replies] Last: Works now! Thanks! (by JoJodoggy1)
Int To String

Hi, i am beginner. How to convect int to string? :p
[6 replies] Last: OP, note that if you just want to print the integer, the streams libra... (by dhayden)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 2829303132... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.