Beginners - August 2014

Losing elements when pushing to stack

The issue I am having is not all elements are pushing to my final list from my stacks. Hopefully the code and explanations will give enough detail. If there a...
[6 replies] Last: Alright I'll check into the link, but I am little confused of how to i... (by kamikaze pgmr88)
question

Write a complete program that reads an integer k > 1 from the console and finds the first positive natural number n hat is divisible by all whole numbers betw...
[15 replies] Last: You already have n and k as parameters, so they should not be masked. ... (by keskiverto)
Help with average function.

Im trying to write a code that computes the average of all positive numbers and returns that average number. Given the sum of all positive numbers is less than...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much! This really helped and I learned what I was doing w... (by painith)
by h4ever
Lambda - boost on Windows

Does anybody know why this code does not work on Windows? I see just black window and nothing is printed. Maybe the function calculating lasts too long? lambd...
[1 reply] : The program is waiting for user input. If input you 4 then hit enter, ... (by helios)
Print out digits of a number

I want to print out the digits of a number, and this program prints them but in reverse. How can I print them in order? #include <iostream> #include <con...
[1 reply] : They are printed in reverse because you print the least significant di... (by dhayden)
by TadyZ
Stroustrup, std_lib_facilities.h and load of error

Hello! at the moment i'm reading Stroustrup "Programming principles and practice using C++". I need to write my first program, "Hello, World", it uses std_l...
[1 reply] : See this thread for a solution: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginne... (by admkrk)
Overloading '+'

Hello, Does this meet the qualifications for overloading the '+' operator? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; double MySu...
[1 reply] : To overload an operator, at least one of the types that participates i... (by LB)
problem with Overloading

Hello everyone, I need to overload these two functions, the problem is, I am lots rusty in overloading. Please indicate me to my error and if possible, poin...
[3 replies] Last: Would this code be correct #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> ... (by hungrymouth)
Reference to array pointer issue

Hi I have a problem with a private class member which is a const reference to array. Here is the class: class SortResult { friend ostream &operator<<(o...
[1 reply] : You're storing a reference to a pointer which isn't sticking around. ... (by cire)
pointer won't hold a value

Hey guys I working on making a Deque, but right now I'm just trying to make one node with an integer value. The error I'm getting is: (pa1 is the main class)...
[6 replies] Last: Undefined reference means your are referencing something that has been... (by Lowest0ne)
problem with geting difftime

hi all why line 42 will give me Error: what im doing wrong? #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <fstream> using namespace std; void difc(); int m;...
[2 replies] Last: It looks to me like you are calling mktime incorrectly. Try correcting... (by kevinkjt2000)
What are the best programs to make c++ GUI

Im looking for a program to make my gui for my personal programs. only thing im finding online is QT
[4 replies] Last: @LB the actual form. I already have QT so im gonna try wxwidget. I wa... (by riseandtrade)
Hard Matrix question

I'm doing a practice problem, the question is long so it's better if I just paste it below. I wrote a code for it below but I can't seem to get it working. I d...
[5 replies] Last: dest has only one element, from initialiation. Aceix. (by Aceix)
by h4ever
unknown escape sequence:

How to correct this error? args.c|35|warning: unknown escape sequence: '\-' [enabled by default]| char helpStr = {"Usage:\n\t-h\t Displays this help message...
[10 replies] Last: Ok, now that we have realised that adjacent string literals are conca... (by JLBorges)
by vxk
Use of Pointers

I am sorry if this question is too long or badly presented .I am working on a small framework(open frameworks) and was going through its tutorials ,when i encou...
[3 replies] Last: A: From http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9181782/why-are-the-terms... (by keskiverto)
what is a companion types ?

In my book i'm studying the size function of the string class in c++ and my book defines the type returned by this function (size_type) a companion types used t...
[1 reply] : std::string::size_type is a member typedef - an alias - for an unsig... (by JLBorges)
by vxk
pointer objects

I was going through the following code in Bjarne Stroustrups book, when i encountered the following code : Shape* fct() { Text tt{Point{200,200},"Annemarie"}...
[5 replies] Last: > where it is useful to use > Shape* p =new Text{….}; > instead o... (by ne555)
Sum of 2 strings in another string

This question is very simple but I can't figure it out, I know how to do it with arrays, but now I need to to it with strings. int main() { char A , B ...
[1 reply] : C = A + B ; //this doesn't work This piece of code would not work.... (by Aceix)
limit number of object that can be created

i want to limit the number of objects that can be created for a class.... like for a class Student i want only two object can be created. as soon as user tr...
[1 reply] : You could use a static factory pattern. But why would you want this ab... (by LB)
nested if else statement problem

everytime i run, the line "please enter a correct canadian province" keeps appearing even though i put a else before it. i guess im not doing it right. can som...
[15 replies] Last: @nubforce You have a copy-paste mistake in line 30. 'yukon' should be... (by Yay295)
August 2014 Pages: 123... 40
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.