Beginners - September 2013 (Page 56)

Compute the average of weighted exams

This is a hw assignment and I've been stuck on this for a week and could use some guidance on this. This is the hw description so you get an understanding o...
[1 reply] : exam1 = grades*.10; exam2 = grades*.25; exam3 = grades*.30; exam4 = g... (by keskiverto)
by Ch1156
Cant figure this out

Ok i have been trying to figure out how to make it so if my string is empty then ask for a name until it isnt empty but i cant figure it out the problem is on l...
[8 replies] Last: bump (by Ch1156)
c++

i understand that when you return a value,its goes to the OS buh i dnt understand what does OS do with these returned values??? cn sum1 plz help me wid tat?
[7 replies] Last: Forget the OS. It is usually programs, scripts, or you, who run progr... (by keskiverto)
Bubble sort function causing trouble

I wrote a small program in which I use a bubble sort function to sort the strings in an array in ascending order. The bubble sort function I wrote is causing bo...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, it sure did. I already suspected integer wrapping to be the pr... (by R10111001)
Understanding: int "i" in for statements

Can someone in the simplest way please explain what exactly int "i" is doing in for statements. It just seems so abstract to me. I'll leave some code below f...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you all for your help. It's greatly appreciated. -Incline (by InclinedToFall)
stop screen flickering

this need to be a maze for a game i need to have a stable display for the game i tried sleep function but rate of frame per sec still doesnt effect too much fli...
[4 replies] Last: I've been trying to cut back on my replies to these kinds of posts... ... (by Disch)
Allocate array space in a class

I have a class and I need to add an array of strings to it. Something like this. class fcNav{ public: fcBar(int a); ... private: char* color = {"...
[11 replies] Last: thank you for your help. I have it working, now i need to play to und... (by sting98005)
static keyword

I was reading through static keyword usage. I came across this explanation - "An important detail to keep in mind when debugging or implementing a program us...
[3 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9656941/why-i-cant-initialize-non-c... (by Josue Molina)
Class Help

Can anybody help me figure out the purpose of having a const at the end of the member function and what would I expect to happen if I create a object of this cl...
[3 replies] Last: ... All you can tell from that code above is that you know the functio... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by ephekt
Beginer needs help with reference variables

I have been asked to write a program that will take an integer from 1 to 99 and will output the amount of coins that equal that amount. Use coin denominations 2...
[7 replies] Last: thank you everyone, Mats the comments do help, and big thanx to giblit... (by ephekt)
by ngopza
Please Help

I am trying to open a file using the insertion stream operator Overloading.I want to open the file and conterminously read from it. The problem is that it reads...
[12 replies] Last: I shouldn't really do this: I'm trying to guess at the requirements, b... (by Chervil)
how to deny non-numeric input?

heres and example of the application : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double y; double x; cout << "enter a decimal number\n...
[9 replies] Last: PS A cheap way to test your app would be to use a text input file with... (by andywestken)
Program

Remember the facebook game typing maniac? i'm trying to make that game using dev c++.. but i don't know how to put a line where a user will type the falling wor...
[7 replies] Last: that is what the google tells me. i like to learn how to use that mult... (by colognem)
How to enter this equation

I'm making a program for my class and I'm completely lost on how to enter the exponential growth function into code blocks can anyone help me, the equation is: ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes <math.h> is for the old c <cmath> is the new notation for c++ ,As ... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Blackberry 10 - How to create a SQLite database

I am developing an app for Blackberry devices. This app contains a database. As the API are provided on the last API version, I decided to use SQLite. I foll...
[no replies]
Can I get an explanation of declaration, definition and initialization?

It always confuses me because they can be happening at the same time, so what does it all actually mean? my limited knowledge is: Declaration is telling the ...
[9 replies] Last: @JLBorges does not imply that it is being initialized at the point o... (by andywestken)
by ngopza
stream operator

Hi, please help.I am trying to read values from a file by overloading the insertion stream operator.I have tried everything but it always reads the first line ...
[10 replies] Last: Overloading means creating new functions with same name but differen... (by keskiverto)
pointer object of the struct

Question: In first file i had made a struct and pointer object of that struct. and now i have to access member of that struct in another file now please EXPL...
[4 replies] Last: You have the p_ on the value and not the pointer. That's a little con... (by kbw)
making maze game

Write your question here. why doesn't it form a simple square the Hash tag at row 5 and 6 are always out int main() { char Map = {"#########", ...
[4 replies] Last: is this some kind of bug in c++ No, it isn't a C++ problem. It's ... (by Chervil)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 5455565758... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.