Beginners - September 2013 (Page 58)

Inverted Asterisk Triangle

How can I re-position this triangle to the left??? So this is my code: #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> void main() clrscr(); int x,y; for(x=1;x<...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++) ... (by Josue Molina)
Printing problem

Different compilers are giving different answer for this print statement. One is evaluating the eq from left while other from right. One gives 343 the other 332...
[3 replies] Last: The standard in ยง5/4 says: Between the previous and next sequence p... (by Josue Molina)
WinSock Sending data

Hi, I'm writing a small networked game (pong). currently i'm working on sending my data. this works up to a point, i can send my data by just giving the send...
[4 replies] Last: send/receiving data via socket is mostly the same as reading/writing f... (by coder777)
Return a function's value to main()

How can I pass the str value in the function char FDecode(char *DESTINATION) to main(). #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <stdio.h> #include ...
[13 replies] Last: Lets recheck: You have string line,str; ifstream myfile = ... whil... (by keskiverto)
Loop

i want to make a program that will show a designated word and it will fall down. anyone would like to help :)
[4 replies] Last: By default a terminal shows lines of text and appends new lines to the... (by keskiverto)
For loops

I'm trying to create a program that prompts the user to enter a number between 1-10 and they get 10 tries to guess right. I've made progress, however I am a bi...
[8 replies] Last: Looking at your code mate, i think you're really just always going to ... (by A Chidera)
loop condition (1,2)

can you guyz help me with this? "write a program that will display the sum of even numbers and the product of odd numbers between 1-100" so i am assigned...
[25 replies] Last: @andywestken indeed you are right but as i said i was in a hurry and... (by fluture)
by mike99
Accessing elements from previous object in successive object read

Hi, Just wondering about how to access elements off an object from previous object of the same type, #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> ...
[6 replies] Last: @Daleth Accurate, Thank you (by mike99)
need help again!

so i need to make a adding loop program that needs to show these no. 1 2 4 7 11 16 32 39 47 56 66 i tried n=n+(n+1) but the results is so far... please help ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks dude! that really help a lot and i just looked at my assignment... (by enri357)
Integer division by zero

Trying to find the average number of days absent employees and i keep getting a integer division by zero error. not sure how to correct it but any help would be...
[1 reply] : // In your program you dont use employeenumbers so delete it // also y... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
by Ch1156
How to have a random number that is always 7 numbers long

ok so i have a random number generator and i was wondering how to make it so i always have 7 or another certain amount of numbers that are random, how would i d...
[15 replies] Last: I think he means a 7 digit id as in 1234567 which would be next to eac... (by giblit)
need help! how to create a simple password program using if statement

so i need a simple program for password identifier so please help... :) #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char Password=PLP; ...
[8 replies] Last: thanks for the help guys! since you guys know things around here could... (by enri357)
How would you strcat() all strings inside a 2D array?

I have a 2D array with 20 strings. I'm trying to strcat these strings so that it becomes 10 strings. But I'm having problems. It isn't working correctly. myStrC...
[1 reply] : I am not sure what are you trying to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you need to ex... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Combat system trouble

I am learning the concepts of OOP, and I decided to try to make a simple combat system. I am trying to see if what I have done is working and it is not recogniz...
[4 replies] Last: Well Josue Molina, it is working. My main problem was that I wasn't us... (by GrantPlusPlus)
i know it's not C++

Hey there, i know this isn't C++ related but you guys are excellent at helping. and im only doing this as a side project while learning C++ just to see a compar...
[12 replies] Last: So what did you do to fix it in case other people are having a similar... (by giblit)
Solved

Compute for the factorial value. Factorial is the product of all positive integers less than or equal to n. How do i do this?
[1 reply] : Line 11. At start i==num. You iterate one step, because num>=num. A... (by keskiverto)
Structs program problems

The problem I am having is that the which movies to view function is supposed to ask the user how they want the titles displayed (view all or by genre). Then th...
[4 replies] Last: @IceThatJaw CORRECTION line 14: if(movies .genre == genre) YOU HA... (by IWishIKnew)
Worlds worst programmer needing some advice.

Ok, so I have an assignment that I have some questions on. Now, I can only use the while and if statement only, so no for loops or char types. Anyways, I have...
[13 replies] Last: This isn't that complicated... All you have to do is break it down int... (by IWishIKnew)
Build Error

Hi, I've got a little question, i've just compiled a program and the compiler reports 'Build error 1' and it doesn't point to a specific location in the code, p...
[1 reply] : What compiler are you using? Are you using an IDE? If you are using an... (by Danny Toledo)
Why not using namespace std ?

Hello, everyone! These days i was told that is not good to use using namespace std and that i should put std:: in front of every std function( like cout, c...
[11 replies] Last: > In some cases, name collisions with namespaces is a good thing... >... (by JLBorges)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 5657585960... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.