Beginners - November 2017 (Page 24)

I can't get all the identifiers to come out not right

For example when i enter _3d digit, it comes out saying this is valid. I am confused as to why #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std...
[2 replies] Last: Why do you think _3d is not a valid C++ identifier? The following com... (by AbstractionAnon)
cin hide input

I want to enter password from user in such a way that the input while being input is shown as ****.The examples on the net are alien to a beginner like me. Can...
[no replies]
linked list-delete from beginning

In delbeg function why can't we just use start=start->next? #include<iostream> using namespace std; struct node { int data; node *nex...
[3 replies] Last: oooooooooooooh @Jaybob66 your answer made it so much clearer (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Displaying frequencies of values entered

So I'm supposed to display the values entered by the user as well as the frequency of those numbers and I'm not so sure where to start. Can anyone help me out? ...
[2 replies] Last: reusing the i is causing you problems here, i'll reproduce your code w... (by Jaybob66)
I keep getting a run time error but the code compiles and opens??

i dont understand //help from Chegg tutors //Ayila Reese #include <iostream> using namespace std; char scoreToGrade(double score) { char grade =...
[1 reply] : because of this; report[scoreToGrade(score) - 'A'] += 1; a grade of ... (by Jaybob66)
Initializer list woes

Okay. So what I'm trying to do here is pass a number of string objects as function parameters but (love my skills) I messed up with initializer_list. Big time. ...
[4 replies] Last: It would appear that you need to upgrade the compiler/library to a mor... (by JLBorges)
linked list-deletion at end

i wrote simple program on linked list to enter values at end and delete values at end.The inserttion is perfect but the deletion is not working. #includ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, but when you delete the last entry, the entry before last becomes... (by AbstractionAnon)
by shamar
Stuck. Need help please

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { string firstname; string lastname; int code; double dues; cout<<"Please Enter...
[2 replies] Last: Duplicate http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/224565/ Do not doub... (by Handy Andy)
Find partner

I am a new learner. I have just started to learn coding c++. I still do not have any about programming. I want to find a partner to learn with me :)). Thank ...
[1 reply] : Maybe you can try to get in touch with some of these people: http://ww... (by Enoizat)
Change single word color in a text with NCurses?

Hello everyone, i would like to change a single or more word color in a text using NCurses, as follow: The quick fox jumps over the lazy dog. I would l...
[6 replies] Last: It seems you’re struggling a lot about colourful console programs. I... (by Enoizat)
Why do I get strange values after I use functions to call on a data structure to perform various tasks?

Hello, I have set a simple program to compute share variables. Unfortunately, I obtain very strange output values! I am not sure why? #include "std...
[3 replies] Last: Hello, Thanks very much, I referred back to that and have amended my... (by Shishykish)
How to restart my program ,Help .

Write your question here. can anyone please tell me how to restart the program when i type R if an ERROR appeared ? the problem is on these lines 38 39 40 ...
[2 replies] Last: In case you don’t appreciate ‘goto’: // #include <conio.h> <--... (by Enoizat)
How to read a string character by character

I have to write a program using a while loop to read a string that represents an identifier character by character. I know how to do while loops but that is all...
[4 replies] Last: You could try with a logic like this: - if in your string you find som... (by Enoizat)
Need help with arrays..

I have to make 2 programs with arrays in c++ and i have no idea how.. im learning c++ for 2 weeks now.I'll appreciate all your help :) In arrays a1,a2...an a...
[1 reply] : It looks a pretty complicated program after just two weeks. Don’t yo... (by Enoizat)
l need help

hello gyz i really need your help! My professor asked me to write a program of calculating average using class. A class must have four function,naming "av...
[5 replies] Last: I would save myself some aggravation and write type avg(data, number_o... (by jonnin)
program doesn't print a values

lm trying to print clark.race but it doesnt show anything. lm using a struct Dog. 'clark' and 'molly' are 'Dog' types. struct Dog { string name; s...
[7 replies] Last: thanks @mbozzi . lm in the good way now (by vincentthorpe)
iterate through something a save it onto an array?

I have a var that holds the following information [[code=666]],[[code=777]], I want to iterate trough those and save "666" and "777" in an array like {"666","...
[2 replies] Last: In C++ could use std::sregex_token_iterator to iterate through the std... (by gunnerfunner)
C++ how use formula

I have formula x= x0 + sin(a)*R and how i can draw circle with it.
[10 replies] Last: Circles, circles, everywhere .... #include <iostream> #include <vect... (by lastchance)
Return array

Hy, I would like to return dynamic array, but I get error with my code and can't seem to find tutorial online with this. Can anyone pleas help me with this? ...
[4 replies] Last: "Dynamic array" or "vector"? #include <iostream> using namespace std... (by lastchance)
by div132
Help with my tictactoe project

Hey! I'm currently working on a tictactoe project, but I'm having some issues. I have 2 different players and before the game I ask for their names in the ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks alot for the tips! getline started working after i added cin.ig... (by div132)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 33
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.