Beginners - May 2017 (Page 7)

by Babsi
Need some help at Windows Window

Hey, I'm new and dont no where is the correct place for this. So im a beginner so post it here. So my probelm: I try too create a window with WinApi, I fo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for help! (by Babsi)
c++ tictactoe help with validating and ending

I'm struggling with validating the move so you can't put in the same move that's already put in. Also struggling with ending the loop when the game is over. I g...
[5 replies] Last: Hello yoyotheyogurt, "gameOver" is private member variable of the cl... (by Handy Andy)
how do i find the maximum of an list?

list is randomized i cannot use the sort function and my list is dynamically allocated //this is what i tried max = myList.front(); //first element /* h...
[3 replies] Last: is there another way? This being CPP there is (almost) always anot... (by gunnerfunner)
by P O O
Three entries and it stops working...

Hello everyone I just started learning C++. There is a program who is supposed to creat a list of employees. The idea is that each person has a number, and ...
[1 reply] : Well, you have 2 breaks in your code, add several cout << "Test" state... (by SamuelAdams)
cin not allowing output

The program I have is very simple. It is supposed to just show the area of a rectangle after user input numbers. The problem is the code is correct, but when nu...
[6 replies] Last: Hello cmonroenbm, I am not familiar with Dev C++, but the break I spe... (by Handy Andy)
Virtual Machines question?

I am new to programming and just finished year 1 at uni studying computer science. My question is a bit of a noob one. Can anyone recommend should I use a virtu...
[3 replies] Last: vms are nice when used for some things, as noted testing is a good one... (by jonnin)
what is wrong with this?

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> using namespace std; class ARRAY { protected:...
[3 replies] Last: It must crash! #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <cstdl... (by Enoizat)
Difficulty with an AddressBook Sorted Linked List

Hi everyone, I am having trouble with several parts of this program. The gist is that I need to create an address book using a record structure and a sorted ...
[no replies]
Finding exponents in equation

I've been trying to make a program that finds the solution of an equation similar to the difference of squares equation but letting the user input the variables...
[3 replies] Last: They can be any positive numbers (with A>B). Just enter the values, se... (by lastchance)
by Faggio
Destructor in list

Why do we need a destructor that delete all elments in the implementation of a list?
[2 replies] Last: thank you!! (by Faggio)
can someone help me put prime numbers into an array

array cannot have more than the number of primes between 0-50000 #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <fstream> #include <cmath> using nam...
[3 replies] Last: OP: if you have to use C-style arrays as part of your assignment you'd... (by gunnerfunner)
Operator Function within a class to subtract 2 dates

Hello, I have to subtract 2 dates from each other in long int form and then I have to display the new date. Unfortunately, when I do so I get a ridiculous n...
[3 replies] Last: Hello Enoizat! Thanks very much, I actually tried that, but must've m... (by Shishykish)
Need help with structures, calculate perimeter of 3 given points

I have the following exercise to solve using structures: "Create a structure to store the coordinates of a point on a plane (x, y). Read from the keyboard the c...
[12 replies] Last: I have the solution with the code I have been working (sorry to say th... (by JorgeChemE)
Positive/Negative and Even/Odd in a Single Program?

#include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Please enter a number\n: "; int input; std::cin >> input ; std::cout << input << " is a " ; ...
[2 replies] Last: Is this question about how to display if a number is positive or negat... (by Enoizat)
by Faggio
pointer to a class and arrow

Hi guys, I don't understand the meaning of this line. newPtr, nextPtr and firstPtr are pointer to a template class ListNode <T>. Especially I don't understand t...
[1 reply] : newPtr points to an object. The nextPtr of that object is set to point... (by Peter87)
namespaces

I want to know if there are more namespaces like std and it'll be pretty helpful if you could share some more info about namespace. thnx
[8 replies] Last: A so don't use namespaces in header files. It does make sense. I just ... (by Caruso)
by Kimeru
Looping through arguments

Hi, so im trying to implement a program that simulates the linux cp command. My program copies the content of one file to another and also copies a file to a di...
[1 reply] : Something along these lines perhaps (this uses std::experimental::file... (by JLBorges)
C++ doubly linked list problem

Here is one of my functions, i'm practicing c++ without using the oo concept. i've been trying it for a whole night but i still can't figure it out. The code ...
[4 replies] Last: Please post the complete error message, all of them, exactly as they ... (by david666)
how do i make a binary file?

i want to make a binary file and print "Hello world"
[1 reply] : std::ofstream( "my_binary_file.bin", std::ios::binary ) << "Hello w... (by JLBorges)
First Names Project

Hi everyone. I need help on my homework assignment. Here are the requirements Create an application that searches a file of male and female first names. A...
[2 replies] Last: @SamuelAdams Thank you so much ! It worked for me. Now I can see where... (by darlener777)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 56789... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.