Beginners - May 2012 (Page 7)

by Grax
different between cout and cerr

can i know what exactly the difference between cerr and cout? when should used cerr and when should used cout?
[4 replies] Last: just get confuse about these kind of output console.... thanks for cle... (by Grax)
by woogi
QT4 and databases

I've read and copied/pasted the examples on this web site: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ While the program creates the example.txt just fine, ...
[1 reply] : If you're running your programs from different working directories, th... (by Albatross)
by mowicz
Inheritance and "private within context"

Hi again. I am struggling with one thing right now. I wanna make 2 classes - worker and employee in this way : class Worker { public : Posi...
[2 replies] Last: Is your constructor for Worker declared public or private? If it'... (by AbstractionAnon)
Am I terminating my string?

Have written the following: string a,b,c,d; cout<<"write a string "<<endl; cin>>a; cout<<a.size(); cout<<"this is string a "<<a<<endl; When I ty...
[1 reply] : When I type "something something_after_a_space" it seems the string a... (by cire)
Write to specific Text Line

Well a while back i was making a text based gamed in C++ its coming alone whell. But i have a questions. I want to write to line nine of a text file just putt...
[4 replies] Last: #include <fstream> #include <limits> bool writeToFile( char const* f... (by cire)
by Screed
Introduction

Hello All You C++-ers! :D I'm new to these here forums and also fairly new to C++. I just thought I would introduce myself a little bit :) So here goes: My n...
[no replies]
Vector vs. list sequential access

As lists don't support random access I know that vectors would be used instead, but for sequential access which is better and why?
[2 replies] Last: It is more important the question how will be inserted new elements in... (by vlad from moscow)
An Access violation(segmentation fault) raised in your program

Whenever I run this program, I get an error saying "An Access violation(segmentation fault) raised in your program".This is my first C++ Program with multiple f...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that solved the problem. Just figured out that I had to includ... (by Kishore96)
Y U BRACKET

I've got a small question. In the example code below: x=(y>x) ? b:s How come they added brackets between y>x? Is it crucial, or is it just there for understan...
[1 reply] : The parentheses are optional; their presence doesn't affect the expres... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by jorz
class call funtion

hi there, I have two header files Form.h and serial.h in Form.h I declare and call a class like this: CRC df1; crc = df1.CHECK(crc,buffer ); seri...
[6 replies] Last: Hi Jorz, I'm also a beginner, so you might find a better explanation.... (by Prestissimo)
Please help me check c++ flowchart and pseudocode

Please help me check c++ flowchart and pseudocode The source code files can be downloaded from here :- http://www.4shared.com/rar/jw-wLOJZ/Project.html
[no replies]
Trouble making my ship shoot in C++

I'm trying to program a basic game sort of resembling Galaga or Space Invaders. I'm writing in C++ using Visual Studio and OpenGL. Basically I need a class tha...
[2 replies] Last: As a beginner, I recommend you consider using a vector. Your bullet o... (by Moschops)
by dorias
Help in making a Permutation function

Hello, I need help in writing a function which declared as following: void ReconstructPermutation(pointer* start, int perm , int* permSize); start: contain ...
[1 reply] : 1) We don't do homework. Start the assignment yourself and feel free ... (by Stewbond)
Particles in c++ using openGL

Hi guys, I want to start a basic particle system in c++ using openGL. I wrote an algorithm for that but I don't understand how to start it. The problem...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks anirudh.. (by kalyanreddy)
Weird Syntax error with iterator

list<Vertex<K, D>> map; list<Vertex<K, D> >::iterator m_iterator; //I get the error here error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_iterat...
[2 replies] Last: Don't you need to use typename here? typename list<Vertex<K, D>>::ite... (by Peter87)
by kiong
Inheritance variable undeclared

After my main program runs, I encounter several errors which I could not rectify or identify the source of its error(the reason behind it as well). I would be h...
[5 replies] Last: Visual Studio is an IDE that contains compilers and tools for multiple... (by modoran)
I hope someone is able to help me . .

Hello everyone . . I have a problem write a function by using C++, Function is: sum=1+2^2+3^3+4^4..+n^n . I tried a lot but . . . ^_^ I hope someo...
[8 replies] Last: Ah I see now - thanks a lot! N (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
exercise about classes

I'm going through an exercise as described below and I've included my code so far. The green comments in the code are given as a skeleton of the code that I'm s...
[6 replies] Last: Hi there, When you declare Galaxy g2; the compiler sees that you ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Uprising Please help!!!!!!

OK hello the, I need some help lately I been working with C++ for almost 3year now and I have finally understood the basic of C++. I know it sound funny why it ...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not saying there might not be anybody kind enough to answer your q... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Add to Linked List Problem!

hi i have problem with add function in flight class #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class flight { public: flight(); // construct...
[5 replies] Last: thanks : ) (by ScoRPioN2)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 56789... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.