Beginners - May 2012

When does that incorrect formatting infinite looping error occur and how to fix it?

I know there are a bunch of threads on this already, but I'm having a tiny bit of trouble understanding them. Anyways, there's a well-known glitch/error/bug (m...
[12 replies] Last: You might try it using the canonical solution, since cin.sync() isn'... (by cire)
Class hierarchy problems

Hi, I have a Carousel, which is composed of CarouselSections, which are in turn made up of CarouselItems. There are several subtypes of CarouselItems, each w...
[9 replies] Last: Ah okay, thanks everyone. (by leftblank)
Reading certain lines from a .txt into variables?

Ok, so I am pretty new to C++ and have recently started a basic console application using Code::Blocks. Using this little snippet of code, I am able to save the...
[8 replies] Last: Oh, yeah, I got that, just forgot to post it here. It makes sense now... (by squirrelboy1225)
Entering Text into Web Texbox with C++

(Previously asked in wrong forum - LOUNGE) Hey Guys, I'm a beginner and would like to know how to simply enter in a string of text into any webpage, using C+...
[1 reply] : This isn't as simple as you think. If you're a beginner in C++ then co... (by Computergeek01)
Copying files

So, I have a question about an easy implementation of copying files. My first idea, was just to open two fstreams, and copy all the contents of one to the othe...
[11 replies] Last: Sorry I don't get how these help with copying over full files :/ My... (by Lowest0ne)
by WimDH
Funxtion returning a pointer to an array.

Dear members, I'm trying to write a function that returns a pointer to an array. I read some older topic on the forum here, to try to find my way, but it doe...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Moshops! This memory thing is quite new for me! I did: int... (by WimDH)
coding question

How would I make a program that asks the user to enter 3 dimensions of a box then it displays: volume,surface area of each unique face, total surface area A...
[3 replies] Last: Most welcome. An example would be: #include <iostream> using names... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Please explain this line :)

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me, I have just started on SDL (but this is a C++ not SDL question). The tutorial has this line if((Surf_Display = SDL...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your help! Yeah the first part is so obvious now, feel a li... (by Swizzler)
Include standard headers in customer headers

I am using VS2010 Pro. I am busy with tutorial project and I am stuck on what I think is a really basic issue. I have a main.cpp and I want to include a c...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Disch Thanks so much for the reply. As it turns out the answer ... (by rvangend)
I am finished console , so whats next ???

Hi I am new in C++ and I am already finished the tutorial of the website so I dont know which way I have to go then and what is the market need and which fiel...
[3 replies] Last: The market need is great, there is shortage of experienced C++ develop... (by Cubbi)
Help With a specific pointer case.

Hello there. I'm not new to c++, but pointers may confuse me in a specific case. If i do this, it works well: int main() { int *OBJ = new int ; test(OBJ);...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, I get it now. The pointer itself doesn't change but the integer it... (by john1911)
Ignore all input after the first char

This is my code: int main() { char ansPlay; cout<<"Welcome! Would you like to play a game of Roulette? \n<Y>es or <N>o"<<endl; while(1) { ...
[4 replies] Last: Note that cin.sync() work different on different compilers. Isn't i... (by Peter87)
Win32 Bitmap not outputting

I have been trying to create a win32 program from a book, except using my own code with the book's concepts as opposed to just copying the program. I've run int...
[3 replies] Last: I'd try starting with drawing one bitmap when the program starts. The... (by Lowest0ne)
Test to see if a file exists

I'm writing a program that takes two addresses, one of a source file and one of a destination to copy the file to. I'm wanting a way to test to see if the sourc...
[3 replies] Last: Try int main() { fstream f("test_file.txt"); if(!f) { cou... (by naraku9333)
locale_classes.h error?

Ok so I was here minding my own business making a new class, and I go to build and I get an error in locale_classes.h. I've never seen anything like this, and n...
[5 replies] Last: Haha, great! You're right - semicolon hunting can be arduous. -N (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Source code seems not OK

#include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; class Function { public: int Addition(int a, int b) { return(a+b);...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks NwM, I got it. (by Fransje)
How to create a league table for my game of minesweeper

After all the help so far recieved I have managed to get a working game of minesweeper, the only thing missing is a leader board, so..... Could anyone point us ...
[3 replies] Last: Your best bet would be to create some sort of class that stores whatev... (by MrHutch)
Can anyone check my c++ code please.....

This is my code :- #include <iostream> using namespace std; int totalDays(); int departureTime(); int arrivalTime(); void airfareAmount(int& airfareA...
[1 reply] : int airfareAmount() { int airfareAmount; // to be returned to user on... (by Moschops)
by Screed
Homework (1,2)

Hello everyone :) I'm slowly learning C++ but I was wondering something, you see, I watch 10 video tutorials in one day, then practice them 5 times, distract my...
[27 replies] Last: Ya i like Notepad++ too, i use it mainly for HTML stuff tho :) (by Screed)
by jmrag
Help with reading from file

Hello there i have a textfile that goes like this: @Solomon Islands AGAF (AFT) AGAR (RNA) AGAT (ATD) AGBA And I need to writ...
[no replies]
May 2012 Pages: 123... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.