Beginners - May 2012 (Page 36)

by roy118
Hi, need helps with this problem.

Write a program that will sort in ascending order a set of decimal data items provided by the user. The user may enter up to a maximum of 20 decimal data ite...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much bcrawford, it works perfectly! (by roy118)
Need help With errors with utilityInfo and doubles

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> using namespace std; const int NUM_MON = 12; struct utilityInfo { char utility ; ...
[1 reply] : I suggest, you should also post the buggy code - this file which conta... (by dadabe)
Need help with Unexpected Token Error & Unable to resolve identifier

Normally I do fairly well when setting up a start-up menu, but every since I starting incorporating functions into my program as requested I have been having Un...
[3 replies] Last: This is the report that I would receive after running the program. The... (by DangerousPirate)
Object refernce in function parameters problem

Hello! I was in the course of making a game and one of the functions requires a reference to a map object. When I try to build and run the program, however, it...
[3 replies] Last: I had never considered that. Thanks! (by Exispistis)
Reading Line by Line from Text File into Char Array

Hey everyone, I have a question about file streaming. I have a couple of text files that I'm trying to read from in order to put their contents into a class ...
[3 replies] Last: One more thing for you to fix: this: while (text.good()) is wrong. I... (by Cubbi)
by GReMMi
Hello all!

I've been learning C++ for about a month now, and I feel like it's important introduce myself into some form of programming community, just to get it sunk into ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi alex, I'am here about a week, and normally I also don't sign up in ... (by dadabe)
random number from array

I need the right function to get random numbers from the spesific array .
[5 replies] Last: I need the right function to get random numbers from the spesific a... (by vlad from moscow)
How can I fill in an array with random numbers?

I want to fill an array with random numbers 1-32, but each one should be in there only once. This code: for(counter=0;counter<32;counter++) { do { randnum...
[4 replies] Last: Do not be hurry. Your code is invalid. You use the comparision operato... (by vlad from moscow)
For fun

Hi, here is function for printing unique numbers whose amount are equal to the given number. void list() { int number, sum = 0; std::cout << "Enter number ...
[no replies]
SequentialSearch error: expected primary-expression before 'OTHER' token

int SequentialSearch(const vector<int> &randnumvect, int search) { int i; for(i=0;i<randnumvect.size();i++) { if(search == randnumvect ) ret...
[3 replies] Last: I modified it so i equals -1 if its not found an it returns i. Now it ... (by Gregory Sakas)
Error - Need help fixing problems in program.

I am trying to write a program that will read some utility from a file, put it into a structure, and then write that structure to an output file. I am getting...
[4 replies] Last: Well a double is a built in type that represents a number. You are ba... (by Joshua Spears)
by korbel
Find char in string

I am starting to learn c++ by recreating my FreePascal code in C++ In the scenario below I am trying to cout the 3rd char in a given string, however the only...
[14 replies] Last: hmm... talking about women... :) (by chipp)
function returns wrongly!

Hi guys, I am implementing a class under visual studio using Intel library functions and basically there is Black function that calls Correlation function. ...
[1 reply] : Then I suggest, you shouldn't call the Black function. (by dadabe)
by dadabe
Are these really the basics of programming in C++ with visual studio 2008? (1,2,3,4)

Three days ago I discovered a bug in my programm, which was not so easy to find. I often used a self defined class "AllocMemory" for allocating memory and al...
[74 replies] Last: by reading quite a lot of the first post, i feel a little bit twisted ... (by chipp)
by lilrj9
Hello need Help

hello, I am back again asking for help. This is my last project and need extreme help! this is the question: Write a program that will calculate the simpl...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you, and I took your advice. I compiled it and the command windo... (by lilrj9)
getting a problem at run time

i have written a C++ program in linux .it was compiled sucessfully. at the run time i got aproblem i.e while running the programm half the of the output has sh...
[2 replies] Last: Could it be, that you have a pointer, which oversteps the end of an ar... (by dadabe)
Finding and printing out repeating word from file in C

I find myself in desperate situation, cause I don't understand a darn thing about file operations. I need a C code that goes through the file and checks for rep...
[2 replies] Last: I suggest, you could meet Triinu Tammer, because it seems he has just ... (by dadabe)
If Statement Versus If Statement

void Function(int *A, int *B) { // Style A: if(!A) // Handle condition... if(!B) // Handle condition... // Style B: if((!A) && (!...
[7 replies] Last: void Function(int *A, int *B) { // Style A: if(!A) ... (by JLBorges)
Er: c2106 in VsC++ Express

I'm determined to finish this program on my own, and maybe I just need a break, but no matter what I do I get this error. Here's my code: #include<st...
[5 replies] Last: When you are erasing the string its length is decreased. However the m... (by vlad from moscow)
std::string input not working, VC++6.0 (1,2)

I'm using MS VC++ 6.0 Enterprise, which sucks. But alas, moving on. The line I have currently is: cin >> input; //input is declared as std::string input;...
[26 replies] Last: If I take out the .h in iostream, i get the same error (cannot open in... (by NerdTastic)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 3435363738... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.