Beginners - June 2012 (Page 48)

pseudo-code or algorithm

There are two processes that could take place even at the same time. One process helps in getting amount from the ATM and the second helps in depositing the mon...
[no replies]
constructor's parameters

Hello... I created an object from a class... Inside this object I want to create an array of objects of another class, but with different parameters... Wha...
[5 replies] Last: struct A { A( int ii, double dd ) : i(ii), d(dd) {} int i ; ... (by JLBorges)
multiple outputs and setw trouble?

I need to output multiple variables in a line that has a set width but the variables are different sizes and I output different numbers on each line. Thus I h...
[1 reply] : I figured it out: for (kwIterator = stringset.begin(); kwIterator !=... (by Halo Fan)
Error C2664 - Trying to pass an array to multiple functions

Hello, I cannot figure out how to resolve two error messages. I have searched on Google and looked for similar cases on this site and a few others. I also tried...
[3 replies] Last: I tried inserting '3' into the prototype, call, and the header, and am... (by Future Pro)
Is this the 'most vexing parse'?

I get this error: "Error: expression must have class type" when I try to execute this line: aList.push_back(myString.substr( current, next - current )); ...
[3 replies] Last: If you're going to return memory that's new'd you need to keep track o... (by cire)
by Lucid
Easy queston

I tried searching, but didn't know the 'good' reference words to look for it. Sorry if this has been done before! A heads up, sorry for the language, I was ...
[2 replies] Last: To make life easier, make the function (not a method because there's... (by GRex2595)
by kara
Temperature conversion using a menu and using prototypes/switch

Hi there, I am in my first programming class, and need a little help...The assignment is to create a program that converts Fahr to Celsius and vice versa using ...
[1 reply] : @kara You had forgotten some brackets '{}' and left off the convert... (by whitenite1)
Matrix Effect

#include <iostream> #include <windows.h> int Modulus(int iN, int iMod) { int iQ = (iN/iMod); return iN - (iQ*iMod); } char GetChar(int iGener...
[4 replies] Last: if (caRow != ' ') { caRow = GetChar(j + i*i, 33, 30); Here,... (by codeFoil)
pointer arrays to function: can't copy strings

Hello, This is the fisrt time ever that I post a question on the net. The code is in C. I don't know C++. I'm trying to pass a array of "char* pTab " to ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys!! allocation of memory & proper strcpy() helped. (by camaron4510)
How do I access this piece of data?

I have a masterList made of pointers to lists of strings, e.g. master list -list 1 (string1, string2, string3) -list 2 (string1) -list 3 (string1, string2) ...
[4 replies] Last: Good to hear. Just remember, all STL containers have their own .size... (by IceThatJaw)
2 cin.getlines()??

Hello, Why is it that this code needs two cin.getline(response, 4); ? If I run it with one it still works, but the output is Restart program? Invalid, ente...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Grex2595 . (by Windwhistles)
by Javvs
Not outputting if statements

If you guys can help much will be appreciated. #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; /* * */ int main(i...
[4 replies] Last: thx Moschops, omg stupid mistake i couldnt figure it out (by Javvs)
Request for member ".." which is of non-class type

Hi everyone.. I get this error: "request for member ‘on’ in ‘((Display*)this)->Display::display’, which is of non-class type ‘int " My classes...
[2 replies] Last: Your class is called D isplay, the data member that you declared insi... (by BlackSheep)
Clarity needed

Describe, in layman‟s terms, the geometrical transformations that would have to be performed on the shape shown in Figure 1, in order to produce the larger of...
[1 reply] : It's just transformations of a shape. They're stretching it in the y, ... (by BlackSheep)
Triangle numbers and how to find them

I'm working on this problem: http://codeforces.com/contest/192/problem/A (I'll try and explain myself though) Given an integer, n , I have to find whether it...
[no replies]
What are argument lists?

Can someone provide me the definition of and argument list along with an example(s). Much would be appreciated. Thank you very much. I think it has to do along ...
[1 reply] : Argument list is the list of arguments you pass to a function or templ... (by Peter87)
Beginners Animation Help

Hey all so i am doing a summer project involving the solar system, using C++ graphics. I have the picture so far. #include<iostream> #include<graphics.h> ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't know how to write your code... Consider the sun to be your or... (by Lowest0ne)
Error

Hello everyone, I am getting an error on line 26. Error: no match for 'operator<<' in 'std::cout<<factor.Factor::results(fact_number)' Thanks in advance ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your help Moschops . (by Windwhistles)
Need help on collecting the number of right answers in math quiz program

Hi, I am working on an RPG math game that collects the number of corrected answers then convert them in to Experience Points for the leveling system. I have jus...
[2 replies] Last: I figured out the issue it had to do with the "answerAdd " not storing... (by DangerousPirate)
by Screed
Text Based Game

Can someone help me make a text based game? I know how to let the user set their name, but I have no idea how to make monsters and stats and have the player bat...
[2 replies] Last: Oh im gonna need more than one class? damn, i dont know classes yet :/... (by Screed)
June 2012 Pages: 1... 464748495051
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.