Beginners - July 2022 (Page 2)

My object was not declared in this scope, even after assigning it inside a switch statement

Hello, I am making a class for a character with some attributes. I also made an inherited class. I made a system for choosing between different objects made fro...
[12 replies] Last: :) :) Ok. I didn't pay sufficient attention to L43. It was at the bott... (by seeplus)
by K9WG
Large Text File

Greetings I am wanting to access and navigate a large text file. The file is about 40,000 lines with up to 200 characters per line. I can read and write to the...
[17 replies] Last: OK - After a lot of experimenting I have decided on deque to handle ... (by K9WG)
What's the time complexity of .size() when implementation maintains count when items are inserted/deleted?

I was tempted to say it's linear to the number of .insert() and .delete() calls but this isn't correct because it doesn't take any longer to compute and return ...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Peter87]The time complexity of calling size() is constant ( O(1... (by ElusiveTau)
by a456df
How do you find a position of an element in a queue?

I'm not sure I'm using correct terminology. How would I create a queue for a 2d array that finds the position of a specific element and increases the value o...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you all! I'm testing several suggestions. I appreciate your help... (by a456df)
Bug at line 11 and 24

//Weird Bug (Single letter wont trigger bug BUT when you put multiple letter Bugs at l-24) this is line 11 #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks i forgot about that (by gabzz29)
Need help with C++ tuple values please

I am writing Arm C++ embedded program using C++ map STL, with two keys pair and three values tuple. And the function is crashing because the compiler do not al...
[11 replies] Last: > this decomposition feature is available in C++17 Ignore the warnin... (by JLBorges)
How do I write this code

Write your question here. If there are 18 people in your class and you want to divide the class into programming teams of 3 members, you can compute the ...
[13 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <map> #include <boost/multiprecision/cpp... (by JLBorges)
char array member is not what it is supposed to be.

Hi, I am having a bit of a problem, my code reads from a .txt file with the data: TTFTFTTTFTFTFFTTFTTF ABC54102 T FTFTFTTTFTTFTTF TF DEF56278 TTFTFTTTFTFTF...
[1 reply] : When posting code, please use code tags so that the code is readable! ... (by seeplus)
by Lmac
Add and Remove a student vectors

okay here my new code that boosted my grade, however I am still haveing a hard time on Add and remove the vectors of students and i have checked throughly over ...
[7 replies] Last: Using a struct, then possibly as C++20: #include <iostream> #includ... (by seeplus)
Variable remaining in memory after stack termination in a pointer returning function with a pointer argument

Hello all, Being new to pointers and needing practice I thought I would write a simple function to try and understand them better. This is the function I wr...
[9 replies] Last: Hadn't come across it before - but worth a read. :) (by seeplus)
Why does std::set provide a .find() method that takes a reference to an item to be found?

If you have the item you want to look for, what's the point of searching for it in a container? Taking a shot at answering my own question: The object i...
[3 replies] Last: Finding out whether a value is present in a set is indeed a common ope... (by Peter87)
constructors

when creating an object with a constructor, as far as i understand, we don't name the object. so how can we reference that object later. i know two ways to cr...
[4 replies] Last: class is a c++ keyword that creates a TYPE. NOT an object, but a TYPE... (by jonnin)
finding index of a number

C++, How do i make choice "C" to find the index of the value entered by the user? Here are my codes. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int mai...
[1 reply] : There are various issues with the code. Why use a switch() and then ha... (by seeplus)
What should I put in the main function ?

This is a very complicated, I'm trying to build a main menu and a sub menu, the users choose options in the main menu, they will go to the sub menu (all the opt...
[8 replies] Last: Many people prefer for(;;) , because it definitely has no condition... (by kigar64551)
How to move back to the main menu ?

I'm writing a menu where the users can choose, any options will make them input a string, after that the program will ask if they want to continue or not, if th...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much ! (by NormalUser1234)
access variable outside for loop/function

how do i access a variable initialized in a for loop or a function outside of it? in the code below, i can only cout name inside of the for loop. how can i g...
[3 replies] Last: thanks a lot. that was very helpful. (by cloudEndeavor)
How to read a pbm/pgm/ppm image from a file

I am trying implement a program that read a PBM/PGM/PPM image from a file, following the description from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netpbm , and displ...
[2 replies] Last: Write the following: ht tps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netpbm [ b][ ... (by Duthomhas)
showing the arguments' name passed to a function

Hello, Is is possible to show the argument's name when passing them to a function in c++. For instance in python you can do this (this is a random example)...
[3 replies] Last: While the designated initializers (which C has had for a while now and... (by Duthomhas)
Heuristic for A* algorithm

Hi I was reading into the A* algorithm. One of the key elements of the algorithm is that it uses a heuristic to approximate the distance to the target. A...
[1 reply] : If each node in the graph has an x and y coordinate then you could use... (by Peter87)
to calculate score for all round

i already done the scores for each round, i dont know how to calculate the scores for all round, can u help me to solve this? #include <iostream> #includ...
[7 replies] Last: @avocado16, just saying "it doesn't work" is too little information. ... (by George P)
July 2022 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [jun2022] [aug2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.