Beginners - January 2023 (Page 2)

Problem byte in program.

I will try to explain how my program works and what the issue is. I am loading tile data from a file which uses intertwined bitplanes in 4bpp. The code sorta wo...
[1 reply] : Re L3-10 - It's easier to use a look-up table. (by seeplus)
LodePNG error

Hi, I want to create a png file using raw pixel data using LodePNG. However the sample will not compile. Gives tons or errors that don't make sense. //...
[17 replies] Last: Thanks for the tips. I got the image to show up correctly now. Turns ... (by Cyclone)
bug at 74

bug at 74, it keeps repeating the statement instead of just reading the txt #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <cstd...
[6 replies] Last: CoreGuidelines: By default, make member functions const Reason: A m... (by JLBorges)
HELP! Getting a segmentation fault with this paRT OF MY CODE

Write your question here. template <typename T> void Library<T>::generate() { std::string author_names = {"James Wilson", "Thomas George", "Peter L...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you everyone (by agirideep)
by jNc
I need to take object as function parameter, but I dont know object name yet

How can I proceed?
[2 replies] Last: If it's just a function declaration (not a definition) then you don'... (by Peter87)
What does "S::" mean in the declaration "int S::* pmi = &S::mi"?

This is a two-part question. 1. I'm trying to understand how to use the pointer-to-member access operator but I don't understand the example code provided by ...
[4 replies] Last: What I meant to type, instead of *(*(lhs).rhs), was *((*lhs).rhs). B... (by DizzyDon)
Numbers that are too large?

I'm writing a program that displays the odds of winning a lottery. Unfortunately what I wrote is displaying my odds of winning as "1 in inf" rather than an expe...
[4 replies] Last: iostream to just write an integer. iomanip lets you format your outpu... (by jonnin)
Looking for some guidance (1,2)

HI All, I want to write some desktop apps. Right now I have a couple of books on C++. One by Deitel & Deitel, and the other by Ivar Horton. These books cover C+...
[25 replies] Last: I have a couple of Schildt books for both C++ and Windows from 1998. ... (by George P)
dubeg stops at sleep

Hi. I am building some simple code in c, upon microblaze softcore processor. When i debug it stops at sleep(1) function and never execute the rest of the code...
[2 replies] Last: Yes , i am aware of this thread. i do have a timer but it is needed to... (by Jonathan100)
bug using getch

bug at getch it does not let me choose again, i dont want to use a while loop because it has more code #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using name...
[5 replies] Last: a simple function that gives immediate feedback when you press a butt... (by seeplus)
Segmentation Fault by Using Vectors

Hi, I was studying hash functions and I wrote this code for applying what I learned but it's giving me a segmentation fault while assigning the new node to the ...
[12 replies] Last: Node* newNode = new Node; newNode->data = key; newNode->... (by keskiverto)
by Mjn4
why vs code can't read my cin

Hello, so I was trying to figure out whether I could use a vector to store a dialogue but when compiling, vs code keeps telling me this: ld returned 1 exit stat...
[9 replies] Last: The build process has basically two steps: 1. Compiler generates objec... (by keskiverto)
Cipher Library

Need help in compiling encryption library please: https://github.com/microsoft/SEAL#building-microsoft-seal-manually Above link has following info regarding b...
[4 replies] Last: Solved. Created .lib file. Thanks, (by AlexCantor)
January 2023 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [dec2022] [feb2023]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.