Windows Programming - May 2020

Wrong Virtual Function Called

I am having an issue with the wrong virtual function being called by C++. I did a clean and rebuild, but it still keeps happening. Here is the reference struct...
[8 replies] Last: Please don't put into too much effort into this now. I have be forced ... (by Manannan)
by Weasel
NMHDR structure

Hello, When my main window receives a WM_NOTIFY message I try to extract the id of the control that sent this message, but the value of idFrom is always zer...
[no replies]
by volang
IOCP Threadpool

From microsoft: "When a process creates an I/O completion port, the system creates an associated queue object for requests whose sole purpose is to service the...
[no replies]
libdrizzle dll VC++ 2017

I am trying to build libdrizle as a dll in VC++ 2017 for another project and it is throwing errors related to the standard library. I am getting errors in ws2d...
[4 replies] Last: nice, I would not even remotely try to think of Microsoft integrating ... (by malibor)
by Zero3K
Issue with an audio driver

I am having an issue regarding an audio driver that is written in C++. The issue is that its not playing any audio (or instead plays a short static noise) in a ...
[5 replies] Last: "if you want to focus efforts with your partner, first fix it on windo... (by Zero3K)
Displaying Error Text from Enumeration

In my program, I am loading an image from a file, using the GDI+ function, Image::FromFile(). I then check for errors, using Image::GetlastStatus(). This func...
[17 replies] Last: Actually, the program works quite well, if I supply a valid file name.... (by anachronon)
Dealing with non ascii characters in the console

I've spent the last three days searching about printing accented, box drawing, or whatever character on the console but I came up with only one solution so far,...
[8 replies] Last: CP_UTF8 won't work for all possible characters, there are other code... (by malibor)
Writing to file

ghjnmghjmfhj
[4 replies] Last: You still need to work on your indentation. Calling variables file1, ... (by salem c)
WIN32 D2D TextLayout and Update Text

Hello, my program uses TextLayout to draw text. My problem is TextLayout can not be changed but in my program user type text so I use it to make a textbox. On M...
[5 replies] Last: Yes but If I am not wrong I will not have opportunity to wrap text to... (by malibor)
Creating Windows Scrollbars

Perhaps, I should rephrase my question, as my last attempt went off on a tangent. What is the best, most-up-to-date way of creating and implementing scrollbars...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Furry Guy and Malibor. I have found a PDF version of Petzold's... (by anachronon)
My "loop through memory" is slow.

Hello, I just want to loop through memory, and If value spotted then replace it with other value. My problem is - it's too slow. Iterate from 0x12000000 to 0x14...
[7 replies] Last: if you want to keep the printed data but get it quickly, redirect it. ... (by jonnin)
Creating Custom Scrollbars

It seems that I have encountered another quagmire. I wish to create custom scrollbars. I have already created the default type, using Petzold's tutorials. So...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=malibor]as I read the docs this sounds like just another MS att... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
File handling

Hey guys am new to c++...so am trying to write a program in c++ that will read from two files...i need it to read from the first file and store data in variable...
[5 replies] Last: While waiting any response i took time to try this............. #... (by Magplusplus)
by MarkP
recv() returns 0 without connection being closed

I've written a program consisting of a server and a client that has been online for almost 20 years, of course including a few dozen updates over the years. Bot...
[11 replies] Last: that's near identical to non blocking sockets No it isn't. You can d... (by kbw)
by poop13
Issue on creating window with concanated string

#include <windows.h> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> #include <fstream> /* This is where all the input to the window goes to */ LRESU...
[3 replies] Last: Passing std::string to CreateWindowEx? Don't you get a compiler error... (by kbw)
Let child process messages that would be otherwise sent to parent?

Most child controls send messages to parent such as WM_DRAWITEM or WM_COMMAND . Is there a standard way to not send *specific* messages (ie. these 2 above) ...
[19 replies] Last: was there a specific thing you wanted a control to be able to do that... (by malibor)
Global Graphics Objects? (1,2)

Well, not exactly "global". I am looking for a way to create a graphics object that is accessible throughout the "WndProc()" function. I am a bit rusty at wor...
[21 replies] Last: Thanks Malibor. I'll be looking into that, as soon as I get done with... (by anachronon)
by Zero3K
Compilation errors are occurring when compiling a driver

Can someone help me fix them? The errors are in the paste located at https://paste.ee/p/husrG . They are the errors involving ac97smpl.
[3 replies] Last: Will anyone try to fix them soon? (by Zero3K)
std::async / CPU-usage question

Hello everyone, i never used any multithreading before this week, so i'm not reaaly common with it. I implemented some simple std::async(std::launch::async,...
[5 replies] Last: Hello salem c, sorry for the delay.... I must say it was quite ambi... (by artganseforth)
Visual C++ 2010

Hi Guys! I had to reformat my computer recently and I did a fresh install of Visual C++ 2010 on my Windows 10 machine. I have previously had C++ projects tha...
[5 replies] Last: Well people always complained on new OS's when it come out, but in the... (by malibor)
May 2020 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [apr2020] [jun2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.