Beginners - April 2020 (Page 5)

Hey, I'm making a game and I need help

I've never made a program before but I know all C++ and I'm usually pretty good at looking up meanings to things. I am making a game, but I need a senior progra...
[15 replies] Last: Hey, I'm making a game and I need help Either get away from your com... (by George P)
Counting the number of nodes in a level of a binary search tree

Like the title says, I want to count the nodes in for any given level of the tree. I already know how to make member functions for counting all the nodes of the...
[5 replies] Last: Not sure what you mean by "screwed" since both functions follow the sa... (by Volapiik)
How to detect is template is a string

So I have this function: template<typename T> int display(T value) { string set = to_string(value); return value.length(); } But if I put a...
[7 replies] Last: @Ganado, Yeah I noticed that right after I posted it. I have edited my... (by TheToaster)
Detecting and Excluding the Lowest Number.

Hello! Currently, I"m trying to make a stat roller for D&D DMs to make NPCs faster and easier. Thus far, I've managed to generate, add, and display four n...
[5 replies] Last: I missed it first time. float does not do anything here, just use in... (by jonnin)
by Mif
Issue with main function

After running the code choosing 1 from the main menu will run the game and when the had touch the tail the program suppose to return main menu which does happen...
[4 replies] Last: Yep .. that's true. For the first time run, everything is working just... (by Mif)
classes (1,2)

to a typical game of pairs card game how many classes would i initially need to for the whole thing :) what i taught of so far is class deck class getPlayeri...
[22 replies] Last: thanks MikeyBoy ill do that (by GOdliike123)
undefined reference to

I made a small program for testing the compilation with SFML library: #include <SFML/Graphics.hpp> int main() { sf::RenderWindow window( sf...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your help, could fix the problem. I accidentally had a sel... (by nuderobmonkey)
Minimize the push_back code

I need to minimize my code Task: Write a string variables to input stream with filter, and get vector's data. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks (by sadibekov)
by DJL
functions

Hey there, So Im working on a problem that finds the average score and drops the lowest score (we just started getting into functions). I think I have it ...
[18 replies] Last: Looks solid to me. The only thing I can see that's actually wrong with... (by MikeyBoy)
Quick question on operator overloading

I have an adding function that involves operator overloading but when I try to run it, it gives me "right0p and left0p not declared in the scope" Fraction op...
[1 reply] : Firstly, you're going to kick yourself when you see the initial issue.... (by jwin)
HomeWork Help!

I'm trying to figure out how to get my changeSalary function to work as well as my listSalary, my professor told us to use the setRating function but this error...
[2 replies] Last: this is due at 11:30 tonight it might be a litte too late, do you have... (by ryanwensmann)
by Horror
Creating a Program using Stacks

I have to write a program that takes as input an arithmetic expression followed by a semicolon. I have no idea how to write a program using stacks and my profes...
[7 replies] Last: do I make so it keeps asking the user to input characters until they ... (by dutch)
by Horror
C++ Stacks Problem

How do I create a stack of type "char" with 100 elements?
[5 replies] Last: I assume he meant stack as in how the memory for the char would be han... (by zapshe)
Help forming the program in DevC++

Write a C++ program that declares an array alpha of 50 components of type double. Initialize the array so that the first 25 components are equal to the square o...
[1 reply] : Hello amjim, You may find something useful haer to get you started. ... (by Handy Andy)
a program needed for tomorrow

Hello . I hope u r having a good day . I need help for a program for school. I tried doing it but it didn't work out so please help me. The program is the foll...
[4 replies] Last: I did them but separated can someone help me merge them ? (by saucekid111)
by Mif
How to jump from a function to the main function !?

How to make the game return main menu when the had touch the tail ? I tried to change "gameOver = true with gameOver = false" from the function "void logic()...
[4 replies] Last: Ohh.. so the first and the 3rd option that is EXIT doesn't seems to wo... (by Mif)
Issue with input in Tic Tac toe

Write your question here. Whenever i'm trying to input a row or col number for player 1 or player 2,it always assign the value to row =2 and col=2 and after 3...
[13 replies] Last: Hello Andy Handy, Woah thank you for this. (by hayabusaruler)
QuickSort with Templates, stack overflow error. NULL ptr?

I am trying to implement the quick sort algorithm but I run into a stack overflow error. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, I think it might have to do wi...
[8 replies] Last: in your partition() if you have a sorted section, 'i' may go over 'rig... (by ne555)
by dmunoz
Trying to build a Taxi Fare Code

I'm trying to build this taxi fare calculator. I can't get the statements correct, keep getting $3.00 regardless of what options I select. #include <stdio.h...
[3 replies] Last: Hello dmunoz, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting button... (by Handy Andy)
Making A Table using arrays

I have an assignment for class to make a table with the following information. I need to use two one dimensional arrays and one two dimensional array. Date ...
[1 reply] : something along these lines? enum {date, covid, hosp, death, numcols... (by jonnin)
April 2020 Pages: 1... 34567... 20
  Archived months: [mar2020] [may2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.