Beginners - April 2020 (Page 20)

Some question about user input

I am currently working on my C++ assignment and i have a question The user of this program will input a text which contains many English word separated by sp...
[2 replies] Last: if the text is only one line, the program can run smoothly. But if th... (by Enoizat)
Linked List Testing Problems

I am continuously getting an error while attempting to test a linked list with nodes that says "the default constructor of "OListType<int> cannot be referenced ...
[11 replies] Last: No problem - glad it helped! It's an easy mistake to make :) (by MikeyBoy)
İ writing password correctly but it s still says wrong

Hello everyone i need some help. There is a problem but i can not solve it #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { char password; ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much. thanks to you i solved it. (by wanheda)
Stop Pointing

I am writing a helper function that is to be used by both a copy constructor and an overloaded assignment operator. The function is to copy a linked list that h...
[12 replies] Last: I got the function working. Thank you for the example, and everyone's ... (by stoneJax)
Pointers

I am trying to write a function that uses a number of pointers to nodes in a linked list. The pointers that I am supposed to use are headPtr, tailPtr, precursor...
[9 replies] Last: I had to tweak my function some plus add some code for another case. D... (by stoneJax)
Copy Constructor

I am trying to modify a copy constructor from a previous program so that it can work with a templated class. The last line of the function uses strpy(). Now, wi...
[17 replies] Last: Thank you for pointing out the things to get rid of, and making sure t... (by stoneJax)
How to store user input in array and sort

How would you rewrite the code below to have the user inputs stored in an array and then show the grades after being sorted. If you can, please add comments to ...
[2 replies] Last: Also, most people here will be a lot more helpful if you give it a try... (by Ganado)
How to Show Highest and Lowest number

Hello, I was wondering how to print out the users highest grade and lowest grade after the loop ends. Also if you can please provide a description of how to do ...
[7 replies] Last: Simplest option would be to check that the conditions you want are tru... (by Ganado)
by hbcpp
Universal path in windows

I want to write a program that creates a file and save some data in it and the location of this file should always be in the desktop don't matter the windows ma...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=jonnin]I don't recall if you can read the environment versions ... (by Ganado)
I need help with C++ code issue

So, I can not understand or figure out how to get the payment amount like a decimal form. (EX: 752.62) Also, I can not figure out how to not allow letters to...
[11 replies] Last: Howdy. Many students really like writing essays, although writing it c... (by vondes)
Can't get my menu to repeat?

For some reason, my code won't repeat. It is supposed to repeat until the user says so but it just won't. Sorry if it is a lot #include <iostream> using na...
[2 replies] Last: Once you get it working, see if you can change the logic so you don't ... (by dhayden)
Counter and accumulator not working. Loops and functions

This is the prompt of the assignment, and I cannot get the counter and accumulator to work in the PART 2. PART 1 - Write a program that displays the introducti...
[4 replies] Last: It works now, thank you so much! (by aliciabilbao)
URGENT!!! Write a program that produces the binary equivalent of a non-negative integer input by the user. (1,2,3)

I have a question for my coding class But I have no Idea how to do it. or where to start. I am not sure what type of function to use. and so on The binary numb...
[44 replies] Last: It appears that you're spending your time asking people for the answer... (by dhayden)
C++ DICE game error

Goal is for a dice game that the user can play the computer, both computer and user are getting random numbers, sorry if this is far off, im a true beginner and...
[1 reply] : Hello mburner432, To start with if you have not read this take the ti... (by Handy Andy)
Template Node class destructors

With regards to a template Node class for a linear linked list, will the list objects dtor (explicit, recursive) correctly deallocate memory used in the Node ob...
[1 reply] : Showing the actual classes and data members you're talking about would... (by Ganado)
by kmce
functions and inheritance

I havent coded this yet so I dont have anything to show, I am trying to figure out how it would work first. I am trying to work out how my functions will wo...
[4 replies] Last: I dont think I have come across standalone functions, my teaching has ... (by kmce)
April 2020 Pages: 1... 181920
  Archived months: [mar2020] [may2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.