Beginners - March 2020

Interface will not acknowledge other files.

I've recently been working on a lab based on templates and using lists, and have been having specific trouble with a line of code that seems to not acknowledge ...
[5 replies] Last: Template implementations (definitions) can't be separated from the dec... (by Ganado)
by hbcpp
Why exactly should I prefer std::chrono over ctime for time and date?

I have been using the <ctime > header for quite some time now and it's been serving me well, no complaints. But someone told me that this header is old, and th...
[12 replies] Last: @Cubbi and @Furry Guy thanks for the links, that really helped and you... (by hbcpp)
function to decrypted password

Hi! I need to improve this code to insert the "0" before and after vowels with utilizinfg of string vowels. string decryptPassword(string password) { ...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for example, it was really educative. (by SEMOEY1990)
hash tables (the program crashes)

I just started to learn about hash tables.I have to write a program which displays and list a hash table.The keys are a list of words from a .txt file.I wrote t...
[7 replies] Last: So I replaced strlen(p->key) with strlen(key) and now it's working.Tha... (by valiciousx)
by dune
A couple of C++ related questions

Hi Forum: I've been programming since '83. Just personal stuff, really. At one time, I knew more than 15 languages well enough to jump in on anything and light...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=Slyde]I'd read horror stories abt pointers C++ took the idea ... (by George P)
kattis ICPC tutorial c++

so i'm working on the kattis problem ICPC tutorial for my cs3 class but since everythings online now i dont really have anyone to ask. but i can't for the life...
[15 replies] Last: Thank you for all the help everyone, i solved it. i really appreciate... (by TheJast)
by Domas
Need help with c++, i am stuck

Hi guys I really need help because im beginner and i tried to search for the solution and nothing showed me right thing, so here is the code Right now if u i...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much guys, you really helped me! (by Domas)
Help With Classes

Hello, I have an assignment that I am struggling with and could use help. Here are the instructions. 1. Based on StudentTestScores.h (with the overloaded op...
[1 reply] : StudentTestScores student1("Mike", 2); //... StudentTestScores studen... (by ne555)
by ZZEZ73
I can't make it so that I can input data

I need to make a program so that i input 2 numbers then on the next line I input a line of number that is separated by spaces and find the pair of numbers that ...
[12 replies] Last: > What I should have done is int getPairsCount(int arr{], const int su... (by ne555)
Binary Tree

The code isn't reading in my numbers from the infile. It reads two and stops. Can someone help me figure out whats going wrong?? #include <iostream> #inc...
[19 replies] Last: I've come up with this, with a little help from the internet. TreeNo... (by CodeNovice01)
by ZZEZ73
How should I tackle this problem

I was given a problem and I can't seem figure out how I should be tackling the Problem I would appreciate If you all could steer me on to the right track. Th...
[9 replies] Last: @lastchance thank you so much that example of 1 cut: A.....A | B....... (by ZZEZ73)
txt file to struct, or struct to txt file?

Having issues. I have the below code. I am to prompt the user for 3 file names and then push the data to those 3 txt files and then display the first 50 to ve...
[6 replies] Last: Hello spelledwrong, My bad, sorry. It was not until I tried to compi... (by Handy Andy)
by kmce
Switch statement question

Hi, I am having an issue with a switch statement i was hoping someone could maybe help out with. The input i wish the user to give is a number, and when this is...
[3 replies] Last: thank you for the help. this has solved my issue. i am working through... (by kmce)
How can I learn C++ quick?

Is there any quick means I could probably learn C++ faster? I have been stuck into this for a very long time now.
[1 reply] : I'm not sure what you mean. The only limiting factors are: • your o... (by Duthomhas)
URGENT!!! Write a program to input a sentence, one word at a time, terminated by one of these three characters: . ! ? etc

I have a question. But I don't know how to do all of it. I got this so far. I dont know how to make it end with more than just ! and I dont know how to make it ...
[16 replies] Last: Ok buddy. I put Urgent in front of two of them not the third dumdum. (by dumdumFlame)
by toplel
Implementing functions to read text file

Hi guys, i'm new at C++ and i'm currently learning how to integrate functions to read consecutive integers off a .txt file. This is the part I DON'T get. Ba...
[4 replies] Last: 1) Please use code tags to make your code readable. Andy already ask... (by MikeyBoy)
read .txt file into vector of objects

Basically this is a movie class assignment. Theres 2 parts, part 1 is read a file of movies (ordered as such: title, director last name, director first name, ma...
[19 replies] Last: Hello idk6199, You are welcome. Andy (by Handy Andy)
Smart pointers(shared_ptr)

Hi guys, i try to learn how to use smart pointers. I use for the long time normal pointers and i think i need some upgrade of my skills. I make some research, ...
[1 reply] : See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13061979/shared-ptr-to-an-arra... (by keskiverto)
please help me with this one

how do i make a program to solve this linear equations in codeblox? ax+b=0 1.*********2. ******* 3. a=3 ****** a=0 ****** a=0 b=-21***** b=-21**** b=0 here x...
[3 replies] Last: or that. ^^ I read that to be a is a matrix out of habit... sorry! (by jonnin)
Linking External Libraries in C/C++

Hey guys I'm a noob with C/C++ and as I've been learning the language I struggle with the process of compiling C/C++ code that is dependent on external librarie...
[2 replies] Last: It might be worth adding that the answer is highly dependent on your O... (by Duthomhas)
March 2020 Pages: 123... 14
  Archived months: [feb2020] [apr2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.