Beginners - March 2020

Template Node class destructors

With regards to a template Node class for a linear linked list, will the list objects dtor (explicit...
[1 reply] : Showing the actual classes and data members you're talking about would... (by Ganado)
by kmce
functions and inheritance

I havent coded this yet so I dont have anything to show, I am trying to figure out how it would work...
[4 replies] Last: I dont think I have come across standalone functions, my teaching has ... (by kmce)
Interface will not acknowledge other files.

I've recently been working on a lab based on templates and using lists, and have been having specifi...
[5 replies] Last: Template implementations (definitions) can't be separated from the dec... (by Ganado)
by hbcpp
Why exactly should I prefer std::chrono over ctime for time and date?

I have been using the <ctime > header for quite some time now and it's been serving me well, no com...
[12 replies] Last: @Cubbi and @Furry Guy thanks for the links, that really helped and you... (by hbcpp)
function to decrypted password

Hi! I need to improve this code to insert the "0" before and after vowels with utilizinfg of string...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for example, it was really educative. (by SEMOEY1990)
hash tables (the program crashes)

I just started to learn about hash tables.I have to write a program which displays and list a hash t...
[7 replies] Last: So I replaced strlen(p->key) with strlen(key) and now it's working.Tha... (by valiciousx)
by Slyde
A couple of C++ related questions

Hi Forum: I've been programming since '83. Just personal stuff, really. At one time, I knew more th...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=Slyde]I'd read horror stories abt pointers C++ took the idea ... (by Furry Guy)
kattis ICPC tutorial c++

so i'm working on the kattis problem ICPC tutorial for my cs3 class but since everythings online now...
[15 replies] Last: Thank you for all the help everyone, i solved it. i really appreciate... (by TheJast)
by Domas
Need help with c++, i am stuck

Hi guys I really need help because im beginner and i tried to search for the solution and nothing sh...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much guys, you really helped me! (by Domas)
Help With Classes

Hello, I have an assignment that I am struggling with and could use help. Here are the instruction...
[1 reply] : StudentTestScores student1("Mike", 2); //... StudentTestScores studen... (by ne555)
by ZZEZ73
I can't make it so that I can input data

I need to make a program so that i input 2 numbers then on the next line I input a line of number th...
[12 replies] Last: > What I should have done is int getPairsCount(int arr{], const int su... (by ne555)
Binary Tree

The code isn't reading in my numbers from the infile. It reads two and stops. Can someone help me fi...
[19 replies] Last: I've come up with this, with a little help from the internet. TreeNo... (by CodeNovice01)
by ZZEZ73
How should I tackle this problem

I was given a problem and I can't seem figure out how I should be tackling the Problem I would appre...
[9 replies] Last: @lastchance thank you so much that example of 1 cut: A.....A | B....... (by ZZEZ73)
txt file to struct, or struct to txt file?

Having issues. I have the below code. I am to prompt the user for 3 file names and then push the d...
[6 replies] Last: Hello spelledwrong, My bad, sorry. It was not until I tried to compi... (by Handy Andy)
by kmce
Switch statement question

Hi, I am having an issue with a switch statement i was hoping someone could maybe help out with. The...
[3 replies] Last: thank you for the help. this has solved my issue. i am working through... (by kmce)
How can I learn C++ quick?

Is there any quick means I could probably learn C++ faster? I have been stuck into this for a very ...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure what you mean. The only limiting factors are: • your o... (by Duthomhas)
URGENT!!! Write a program to input a sentence, one word at a time, terminated by one of these three characters: . ! ? etc

I have a question. But I don't know how to do all of it. I got this so far. I dont know how to make ...
[16 replies] Last: Ok buddy. I put Urgent in front of two of them not the third dumdum. (by dumdumFlame)
by toplel
Implementing functions to read text file

Hi guys, i'm new at C++ and i'm currently learning how to integrate functions to read consecutive in...
[4 replies] Last: 1) Please use code tags to make your code readable. Andy already ask... (by MikeyBoy)
read .txt file into vector of objects

Basically this is a movie class assignment. Theres 2 parts, part 1 is read a file of movies (ordered...
[19 replies] Last: Hello idk6199, You are welcome. Andy (by Handy Andy)
Smart pointers(shared_ptr)

Hi guys, i try to learn how to use smart pointers. I use for the long time normal pointers and i thi...
[1 reply] : See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13061979/shared-ptr-to-an-arra... (by keskiverto)
March 2020 Pages: 123... 14
  Archived months: [feb2020] [apr2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.