Beginners - April 2020 (Page 16)

how to output alphabet with decimal input

I need help on a very simple program, how to I write a code with the following output: If user enters decimal integer 6, it should give the output F If u...
[2 replies] Last: thank you for your help! (by redwidow)
What Object did I hit?

HI... i can't find a post helping me to find out, which object I har clicked. Say I have a 3D space of 100 object, and I Click one of them. I can always make a ...
[3 replies] Last: Okay... I found out... I added the code: TControl *Ctrl = static_ca... (by PAS2020)
by kmce
binary search with arrays?

Why would you use a binary search with an array when an array is direct access, would that not make the search slower? The way I am thinking about it, is with d...
[6 replies] Last: apparently, it was... :P (by jonnin)
by kmce
binary search strings

Hi, ive tried looking this up for confirmation, ive seen pages saying it works for sorted, but looking for confirmation that it only works for sorted strings. I...
[5 replies] Last: binary search determines which half of a data structure holds your val... (by jonnin)
Palindromic Game

Alice and Bob are playing a game with a string of English alphabets (both uppercase and lowercase). They can select a character either from the start or end of ...
[1 reply] : > Can somebody please explain this editorial? ¿what part in particula... (by ne555)
Linked List

Using an appropriate definition of ListNode, design a linked list class with only two member functions and a default constructor: void add(double x); boolea...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Manga, I very much appreciate your time and help. (by cblack618)
Linked Link Assignment

I need help with this linked List assignment, Using an appropriate definition of ListNode, design a linked list class with only two member functions and a de...
[9 replies] Last: oops... Good catch dhayden :) (by Manga)
by adrazl
Seat Reservation for more than 1 (C programming)

Hi, can anyone help me with my coding? I am a beginner and I want to practice a lot but I have a limitation of knowledge about c programming. My coding must con...
[4 replies] Last: Hello adrazl, You are welcome. The question I have been waiting on a... (by Handy Andy)
Explain errors on a c++ project

Lesson.h class Lesson{ private: string lessonCode; //Code for the Lesson unsigned int lessonSemester; //Semester of the Lesson string les...
[1 reply] : Hello konstantinosdms, Many. but first I will start with you have pos... (by Handy Andy)
by nixUe
using fstream across main.cpp/functions.cpp/functions.h

*Edit: formatting I have been recently introduced to C++ and am working on a project that has a menu of actions you can preform in regards to movies. It req...
[5 replies] Last: Hello nixUe, How you read the year and what type of variable you use ... (by Handy Andy)
Vector c++

I have program that contains Class Book and Class News. I need to create a vector library in main program that should contain pointers to objects of the Book ...
[1 reply] : Hello amy119s, You could start with http://www.cplusplus.com/referenc... (by Handy Andy)
How would I check a Node with multiple variables if it's values are the same as another node's values?

In my teacher's code, he has a snippet in his code where it goes: bool sameAs(Node* q) {return (data == q->data);} In my code, I want to have multiple ...
[1 reply] : Your compiler should warn you that it is wrong. If one of those condit... (by lastchance)
define a friend function to built diagonal matrix

Hello friends. I am developing a matrix class and there I encountered a problem when I tried to build a friend function to build a diagonal matrix. compiler con...
[3 replies] Last: You can move the prototype for diag() OUTSIDE of class matrix in file ... (by lastchance)
When I call my print function inside of another function, it works. But when I try to call it in main, nothing prints out.

My code is supposed to get a text file called "contacts.txt", read in the contacts information into nodes, put those nodes into a linked list, remove duplicates...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by KittyIchigo1)
by tarn
Algorithm

Im trying to create an algorithm that continually reads (loops) a single character from the user and, regardless of the input, displays the ordinal (ASCII) valu...
[1 reply] : https://www.cplusplus.com/reference/istream/istream/get/ char c; whi... (by salem c)
Break down a hash table with few collisions

We are making a hash table to read in names and phone numbers and we need to break down the values read in to be as small as possible, I got it down to 20, 15 i...
[1 reply] : We have to read in 54 entries and the table has to be 61 spaces. Thi... (by jonnin)
Message won't decode, BST.

My message function prints the morse code output rather than the word output. Can you please help me figure this out? I have deleted a few functions that are n...
[1 reply] : > I have deleted a few functions that are not relevant to the question... (by ne555)
passing char array assignment

hello guys can you please please help me out.. iven stuck with this code for hours ....... the code is about reading data from the input file and sorting it by...
[3 replies] Last: You should edit your original post to have code tags as I showed, make... (by zapshe)
by lam814
use the recursion only

I have been thinking about task 4 and 5 for many days, but it has not solved the problem, can you help me? the question of Task 4 https://imgur.com/OBZ1WV3 ...
[5 replies] Last: I assumed it was supposed to be able to handle nested quotes I though... (by mbozzi)
by darego
deleting node from BST

I have a Binary Search Tree which is made up of Nodes containing City objects. I am trying to implement deleteCity(string cityName) and deleteCity(GPScoord1, GP...
[7 replies] Last: thanks jonnin. I have been trying for the last few hours to debug it a... (by darego)
April 2020 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 20
  Archived months: [mar2020] [may2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.