Windows Programming - September 2011 (Page 3)

LookUP function

Hi Im having a problem using lookUp function. Variant LookupResults; Variant locvalues; Variant v; locvalues = Variant(InputBox("Please enter surname: ...
[1 reply] : Assuming you're developing in Visual Studio: 1) Check the call stack ... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
by juvan
Running an application

Hi, I want to write a little program that runs two apps one after another and then exits, whilst leaving the two programs opened, in other words, I want to run...
[2 replies] Last: No, no cheating, just run a soj counter to print the IP of a server, s... (by juvan)
Sending text via Internet in Windows mobile 6

Hi there I'm writing an dll with C++.Net CF on Windows mobile 6. I'm trying to send a string of characters to a server whith ststic IP adress . I don't...
[no replies]
hi please help me to solve this challenging Question

Hello Chaps, Plz do ur best to help me I am a bit frustrated, can we solve this ?? I have like this in a file1.txt OK Green > start 1 ...
[5 replies] Last: you can't stream something like that into a multidimensional array an... (by Athar)
by DSTR3A
Set Zone Action Policy

How do you use this? I'm trying to change the settings in IE9 registry. I want to change Zone 3, 1803 from 0 to 3. IInternetZoneManager::SetZoneActionPoli...
[no replies]
I NEED HELP!! C++ PROBLEM

You found an exciting summer job for five weeks. It pays, say, $15.50 per hour. Suppose that the total tax you pay on your summer job income is 14%. After payin...
[6 replies] Last: @Athar: LOL! Just priceless. :-) @ OP: A word of etiquette: It is... (by webJose)
by rathor
CFileDialog OFN_NOVALIDATE + How to append file extension

Hi, I am facing one problem while appending file extension. I have a derived class from CFileDialog. I am using OFN_NOVALIDATE flag while creating CFileDia...
[1 reply] : My MFC is very weak, but I think that CString::GetBuffer() returns an ... (by webJose)
a question about regsvr32

a stupid question..because I encountered a problem in register a dll in window. my questions is should we register all the dll ? when a dll should be registere...
[7 replies] Last: If I'm not too late I'm curious to know what the reason for wanting to... (by Computergeek01)
is there a way to run codes with complie errors?

Hi, I'm a absolute newbie of C++. I have experience of programming VBA only. So I'm using MS VC++ express edition. I have got some codes from my coworkers, a...
[3 replies] Last: @ OP: What did the error say? Please be specific, copy pasta is the be... (by Computergeek01)
ioctlsocket reporting 0 bytes available to read

I'm trying to track down an issue I have with windows sockets. I have an client and server which I use to send simple text commands data back and forth. I hav...
[1 reply] : When using sockets you are never guarenteed that the number of bytes y... (by kooth)
RegDeleteKeyEx() function

Can someone please explain to me the first two parameters of RegDeleteKeyEx(HKEY hKey, LPCTSTR lpSubKey, REGSAM samDesired, DWORD Reserved) function, i.e. what'...
[13 replies] Last: I got it running by changing the Registry Key Security and Access Righ... (by pcultras)
VS2010 optimizing my function with IsProcessorFeaturePresent

Hello, I have a rather interesting issue. When compiling a Win32 executable project in MSVS2010, it seems the compiler is adding a function call to IsProcess...
[3 replies] Last: Solved. I had to recode/redefine memcpy, memset, strcpy, strlen, st... (by bkb2005)
by Kahiko
Keyboard Input Problem

Hello fellow coders, One week ago I stumbled upon a nasty problem. I need my application to provide keyboard input, I used the keybd_event and SendInput functi...
[9 replies] Last: I will try to explain it one more time hanst99 came really close to my... (by Kahiko)
L"text" will not compile?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain to me why the following code will not compile.. #include <windows.h> int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, H...
[5 replies] Last: Or just int _tWinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstan... (by gpotw)
Making an if statement to display certain information for certain input

I am a beginner... and me and my friend are making little "manuals" based on a fantasy novel we are writing. He is doing it in java while I am doing it in C++. ...
[6 replies] Last: Hmm, I didnt know that, thanks (by NanoBytes)
Databinding with ListView Control

I want ListView Control to load the content from a file and display it dynamically as and when we scroll. I want to known how do I suppress the default scrol...
[1 reply] : Well, one thing is to control the scrollbar's value and another one is... (by webJose)
converting dll to appear in 64bit excel addin

Hi, I'm trying to call a dll using VBA interface code. I have it working for win7 running 32bit excel, but now i'm trying to implement with 64bit excel (run...
[3 replies] Last: Well, that's news to me, so thanks for that piece of information. I'l... (by webJose)
Issue using QDir/QDirIterator (Qt 4.7.4)

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this code? It compiles fine, but I can’t seem to figure out how to set a directory. #include <QtCore/QDir> #includ...
[2 replies] Last: The same code works in Boost::filesystem, but doesn't integrate easily... (by propohetjohn)
by niva
How to set a LPWSTR var

Hi, I am using pointer to this structure typedef struct __theStruct { /* */ LPWSTR szPath; } __theStructDEF; Client...
[1 reply] : LPWSTR is just a pointer. It actually is just a #define for wchar_t*... (by Disch)
getting software published or security certified

How do you go about getting software published or security certified so when a person downloads it, it says published by: so and so blah blah whatever. I read ...
[6 replies] Last: Well, I never said permamently internationally accepted authorities.... (by hanst99)
September 2011 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [aug2011] [oct2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.