Windows Programming - November 2023

new versions of vcpkg don't seem to support classic mode!!

Hi, the latest versions of vcpkg do not seem to support classic mode. I get: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\vcpkg>vcpkg i...
[3 replies] Last: Speaking of bugs with vcpkg.... A recent update to vcpkg apparently d... (by George PlusPlus)
how tto run vcpkg package manager in classic mode?

I want to download libraries to a system wide installed directory NOT using manifests! that is, how to call vcpkg new in classic mode??
[3 replies] Last: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\vcpkg>vcp... (by JUANDENT)
by R1S8K
Clearing the window api

Hi, I'm starting learning win32 api programming. I working on developing pages, but the problem is that when I get back to the main page, the window isn't...
[5 replies] Last: When it comes to what's been drawn in an app's client area and whether... (by George PlusPlus)
file not displayed in text editor binary unsupported encoding

for some files when working with git, I suddenly get this message What can I do? it seems to be related to visual studio code only!!
[2 replies] Last: Also, if the file is UTF-16, not plain ASCII or UTF-8, Git may treat... (by kigar64551)
How to obtain the path to OneDrive?

Hi, I know I can obtain the path to OneDrive in the command line like this: c:\>echo %ONEDRIVE% and the system will show the path, something like...
[3 replies] Last: If you don't want to rely on environment variables, read from the regi... (by kigar64551)
  Archived months: [oct2023] [dec2023]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.