Windows Programming - August 2011 (Page 3)

Data types in Microsoft Examples.

I just started programing in Windows and i keep getting stuck on the same problems over and over with microsofts example codes, where they keep switching from P...
[2 replies] Last: Thank's That fixed it :) (by Idono87)
by Mau009
problem in visual studio

hey... i have created 1 simple win console application in visual studio 10 but i am getting build error... wht it dat i know... some can solve plzz /* ...
[2 replies] Last: i have created 1 simple win console application in visual studio 10 ... (by andywestken)
by Cydboi
Window's new handle

Hi! I've just begun programming with Windows and I'm trying to create a simple menu application. So far, I have been able to create the main window with a top m...
[5 replies] Last: Dialogs are generally created from a DIALOG or DIALOGEX resource, most... (by andywestken)
by Null
WriteFile errors

I'm having problems with WriteFile function. Sometimes it happens that the function fails with GetLastError() code 87(ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER). Here's my code: ...
[6 replies] Last: The difference is that \\.\PhysicalDriveX is used to open a whole dis... (by andywestken)
by DouDou
Windows Forms Application Help

I just started tinkering with Windows Forms yesterday so i appologize in advance for the noob questions. So it seems that creating a GUI is really easy in VS2...
[2 replies] Last: so i appologize in advance for the noob questions there's nothing to... (by chipp)
WIC copy pixels

Hello, I have two IWICBitmap objects. I need to copy parts of them in void* memory. What is the most efficient option? IWICBitmap.Lock() or IWICBitmapSour...
[1 reply] : This is a quote from MSDN documentation: Because of to the interna... (by modoran)
Help with hooking

Hello everyone i know nothing about c++. I Know this is advanced but i want to make a dll that i can inject into onscreen keyboard and when a button is clic...
[2 replies] Last: no its not out there. How would i approach this problem? I have lots... (by giuseppe105)
Error in using the GetCurrentConsoleFontEx

I was trying to use the GetCurrentConsoleFontEx & the SetCurrentConsoleFontEx functions. This is my code: HANDLE hStdin = GetStdHandle(STD_INPUT_HAND...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. I had corrected the last problem in my code already (Aft... (by Nisheeth)
by LB
Invisible Controls in Dialog Box?

I have a dialog box and, because I need the controls to be aligned by pixels rather than by dialog box units, when I initialize the dialog box for every control...
[3 replies] Last: OK, now I feel like an idiot...it works the first time but then later ... (by LB)
What's Wrong With My Code?

I'm new to using the Windows API, and this is my first program that does not run in the CMD Console. It gives me a lot of errors when I try to compile it, and I...
[4 replies] Last: It would be better to use the longer version while you are learning (t... (by andywestken)
by vivmen
keyboard hook

i am trying to catch keyboard keys pressed but my code is not working can someone help me,i am trying it on a notepad LRESULT CALLBACK KeyboardProc(int nC...
[12 replies] Last: chipp - search MSDN for "Hooks". The first search result should lead y... (by andywestken)
by nidal
Socket Programming on Windows

Hi all, I am looking for a detailed description (Papers or Documents) of latencies by IP-Stacks on Windows (C++ Socket Programming). A comparison with such l...
[1 reply] : I find these two links useful: http://www.cs.utah.edu/~swalton/listing... (by James Burnby)
Memory problem (1,2,3)

hello i have made a game using DirectX, and it runs fine. Until it shuts down. then do i get the error: "Unhandled exception at 0x6af7ad54 (msvcp100...
[40 replies] Last: Cool! Andy P.S. If still relevant : are you calling vModels.clear() ... (by andywestken)
listbox win32

how do i get a selected item in the list box.... i have my code to play a mp3....but cant get the listbox item here is my code #define _WIN32_I...
[2 replies] Last: This only works if the listbox allow only one item selected. If multip... (by modoran)
Visual c++ paint event. My paint.h into form.h

Hello. I am trying to paint anything in Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 with paint event in windows form application. Here is the code: private: System::Vo...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for reply. :) (by Zemtriz)
need to press some keys

when i start my computer i need to press ctrl+shift+alt+u to start a program. how can i do this using a console c(or c++) program.
[9 replies] Last: Go to Project/Build options/#defines and add the line _WIN32_WINNT=0x... (by Athar)
[Newbie] Need some help.

I created a program with some lovely text boxes and buttons, but how do I get the inputted information from those text boxes and then add them together?
[8 replies] Last: You need to go here and master this tutorial before you go any further... (by Lamblion)
Avoiding flickering

I'm using C++ Builder. I'm using an Image component to paint a background jpg image. So this component has an 'alClient' align and fills the entire form. The fo...
[2 replies] Last: If you're using Windows (which is likely, given you're using 'Builder)... (by andywestken)
Problem with current compilers

Hi, im new to programming and im having trouble finding a suitable compiler for vista, i started using dev-c++ but things like the #include<math.h> wouldnt work...
[2 replies] Last: wow cant believe i didnt notice that #include <cstdlib> wasnt there wh... (by EdwardSoto)
by duma
code that generates a square wave

Square wave = sign(sinusoidal wave) So then why isn't the following code creating a square wave: int sgn(double d){ if (d>=0) d=1; else d=-1; retur...
[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/forum/general/48811/ (by Disch)
August 2011 Pages: 12345... 7
  Archived months: [jul2011] [sep2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.