Windows Programming - August 2011 (Page 2)

Single window procedure for all windows

I am creating a financial software that will contain many different modules. Each module will have a menu and a bunch of forms. The menu will change according t...
[14 replies] Last: If you have a paid for version of Visual Studio (standard or greater) ... (by andywestken)
Select Cursor

I'm trying to find a way to change what cursor is currently being displayed as the User's cursor while in an area of the window. For example: User goes over ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks modoran, I just had no idea where to start =P (by Shay9999)
How to make a program that analyzes screen and makes decisions off what the program sees?q

How can I read the screen/gui and make a program be reactive to what it "sees"?
[2 replies] Last: Are you wanting to find the windows and communicate with them progamma... (by andywestken)
by agupte
Loop through System::Object

I am trying to translate some VB.Net code into C++ Specifically: Dim installer As Object installer = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer") Dim produc...
[no replies]
Locate Method

Can someone please tell what's the difference between the locate method and lookup method. And where you would use which between the two.
[1 reply] : I think you need to be a bit more specific with your terminology :) A... (by zippyking)
Saving and searching Data

I have a bit of a project to do but I dont have a bit of a clue in saving and searching for data. I was told to do a program that saves the date and time of a p...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, I'll have to see what I can do with this, I havent started but... (by jokerkingz)
Advice for starting C++

Hey I am going to be starting studying C++ in about a week when I have a lot of free time and I was looking for some advice on what materials I will need. I hav...
[6 replies] Last: You learn most by doing so it would not be advisable to just read book... (by sohguanh)
How can i change in this window's title and textfield text?

#include <windows.h> #define textfield 1 #define textfield2 3 #define text 2 #define text2 4 using namespace std; char *b,*c; char *title="EditBox Exa...
[4 replies] Last: Thank u for ur all helps. (by Helegurbann)
A good Windows book to use with C++?

Could anyone recommmend a good C++ book? Everyone mentions Petzold but I believe his books are slightly old now. I was looking at this http://www.amazon.c...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=webJose]hehe, are you a cool kid, Disch? =P No. I was jus... (by Disch)
by qutab
How to change the background color of an MFC animation control

I am using an animation control in my MFC dialog box to display an animation. I want to change the background color of this control to match the background colo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. And yes that's what the problem exactly is. Ther... (by qutab)
SetDlgItemInt Doesn't take negative numbers.

I'm using SetDlgItemInt to use recieved input from the user, do some calculations then return the answer but it doesnt work with negative numbers, this is a pro...
[16 replies] Last: Can you post the error message? (by Null)
Hooking memory access

I'm injecting a DLL into a process, and I need to have my hook execute each time a certain global variable is read or written. Google gave me nothing relevant t...
[no replies]
by Jake94
Programming outside of window's windows

Hello All, and I just had a question about how this little gadget works, and how it can work outside of a window. The program is a Clippy prank that runs outsid...
[7 replies] Last: Ok, I'll look into them. Thanks! (by Jake94)
How to find application path in c++

How to find the path of a application in c++???? I used the code below to find the application path, `#include <dir.h> #include<conio.h> #include<s...
[6 replies] Last: argv just contains the first part of the command line This is why ... (by andywestken)
Label output BEFORE Sleep() pauses

I'm trying to figure out how to use Sleep to pause the program for a few seconds before making label2 invisible again. What ends up happening is the system sle...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not sure it's a good idea to block a GUI thread by calling Sleep()... (by andywestken)
ActiveX problem - won't update

I'm using Visual Studio 2005. I created an MFC ActiveX control. I made a couple of methods and compiled without error. I did tools->Choose Toolbox Items and br...
[3 replies] Last: Unchecking the checkbox (in VB's menu, yes?) should be enough to unloa... (by andywestken)
Creating standalone screensaver in devc++?

I wanted to make a customizable screensaver for windows, as a stand-alone SCR file, using DevC++ and a library like SDL or OpenGL. I need some help figuring out...
[7 replies] Last: I get error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ScreenSaverProc@16... (by andywestken)
Getting text of foreign application's ListBox Item.

Hello, I have a problem. What I am trying to achieve is create automatic test for a foreign application (enter text, push button, select from menu…. etc). ...
[2 replies] Last: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd162490%28v=vs.85%29.aspx ... (by Gintaras Svalbonas)
openGL Texturing Only Fragments of Texture When using VBOs

I am currently trying to use hardware acceleration to draw a textured quad. When I draw a quad using glBegin(GL_QUADS) ... glEnd() my quad draws fine. So I beli...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much! That did the trick, I am humbled. Also, I will take... (by AaronZim)
Question about DCs and OpenGL

So I'm making a Map Maker using Win32 and WGL for OpenGL and I have a few questions. One thing I noticed is that as soon as I got the OpenGL context created and...
[1 reply] : One thing I noticed is that as soon as I got the OpenGL context creat... (by shacktar)
August 2011 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [jul2011] [sep2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.