UNIX/Linux Programming - June 2021

by Ovid
Failed to compile my OS Kernel

Hi, I'm creating an OS on Ubuntu and I create my project using cmake. Here is the CMakeLists.txt content of my file: cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.16.3) ...
[13 replies] Last: The code you showed, is that main64.asm? You're not very clear in the... (by kbw)
by Cplusc
graph matrix

I have a finite element mesh with 4 element and 6 node; the element connectivity is element 1: 1 2 4 element 2: 1 4 5 element 3: 2 3 4 element 4: 5 4 6 I n...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your answer. (by Cplusc)
Amount of processes

Do I understand correctly that 2 processes are created in the code below? Since one fork () call creates one thread. There are two such calls in the code, there...
[3 replies] Last: I think it's different. fork() returns 0 to the child and the pid (or ... (by dhayden)
Linux(Ubuntu Visual Studio Code) error message!

Unable to open 'atoi.c': Unable to read file '/build/glibc-eX1tMB/glibc-2.31/stdlib/atoi.c' (Error: Unable to resolve non-existing file '/build/glibc-eX1tMB/gli...
[2 replies] Last: You can ignore the error, it's because files like that aren't packaged... (by Ganado)
GNU Make rule(s) from two lists

Good day! :3 I am learning Make for a few months, and got a problem that intuitively should have a simple solution, but I couldn't find it in documentation, and...
[8 replies] Last: - I want my "build system" to be easily transferable from one project... (by keskiverto)
Beej network programming example - unable to receive packets

I'm trying to work through https://beej.us/guide/bgnet/html//#datagram I have two computers each using WSL2 and have listener set up on one and talker set up on...
[9 replies] Last: Solution: uninstall WSL2 :) (by rjphares)
semaphores

What do these lines of code mean (each separately). It is said that here we set the semaphore to -1 (occupy it) before the critical part, but what happens on ea...
[1 reply] : Take a look at this: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/unix_system_calls... (by coder777)
undefined reference to shared object function

hi to all , i've codeblocks 20 in centos 7. I am building a small project in which i build a libdate.so file and called in my project. as like this :- dtmanip....
[4 replies] Last: [quote=salem c]Also, you shouldn't be putting your own headers and lib... (by keskiverto)
  Archived months: [may2021] [jul2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.