UNIX/Linux Programming - April 2021

Linux flle structures (1,2)

Hi guys I'll start of by saying I'm pretty new to Linux, on windows all files have a signature or magic number such as 47 49 46 38 for png files, if you open a...
[21 replies] Last: Check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_signatures ... (by JRManx)
by EmanCS
measuring running time inside loop

HI I want to measure the running time of function run() in two different parameters A and M. If I call run('A') alone once then run('M') alone once, run('M') i...
[10 replies] Last: ^^^ it depends, of course. 1) caching matters (a LOT) but if you meas... (by jonnin)
Duplicate Data Off Socket - Perhaps?

Hi All, I'm new to C++ programming and found myself, despite much googling very confused into a little bug of mine. I thought I would join this forum and see i...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Salem C. Post Updated to suit. I've resolved the issue toda... (by ainsley1006)
getpid() checking of code

I need to get pid for every processes. In process I get sum of every arrays. In the I get max sum. I wrote programm but I have doubt. Can you check it? #in...
[1 reply] : We did this already, and the code looks no different to last time. htt... (by salem c)
Where belongs custom header files?

In which directory at best I would move private header files so that the compiler find it by default? I have to compile a program from github where some head...
[5 replies] Last: Both #include "foo" and #include <foo> seek from multiple paths. ... (by keskiverto)
by tmvaz
Changing mic levels through C++

I'd like to create a simple program on Linux in order to adjust and fix the microphone level setting. Use-case example: when I speak on the mic on Zoom, for ...
[1 reply] : What OS and compiler are you using? Depending on your OS, you can jus... (by JRManx)
/usr/src linux is shared among many side-by-side Linuxes

How is it if /usr/src linux is shared among many side-by-side Linuxes installation
[7 replies] Last: Or 69, or maybe even Turboencabulator...it's hard to say really. (by JRManx)
"Copy" buffer?

Hi. I have a small console program which creates a password for a user. Right now it is running on Windows but I want to run it on various Linux distros as well...
[18 replies] Last: It definitely gets complicated. Therein lies the challenge. Thx for t... (by rudystella)
  Archived months: [mar2021] [may2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.