The Interwebs

Pages: 12
Speaking of DBZ, I'm in the middle of watching DB+DBZ all the way through for the first time in like 8 or 9 years.

If you skip over chunks of the Frieza fight and skip over the Garlic Jr. saga completely, it's actually pretty good. Awesome stuff.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Dragonball Kai ftw
Speaking of DBZ.

I present this for your viewing pleasure:

#include <cmath>
typedef unsigned long long int ULTRA_INT;

class goku : public sayian("kakarot") {  // the sayain class constructor acceps a string
					 // to be assigned to the public field 'name'
	private:
		ULTRA_INT powerLevel;
		bool hidePL;
	public:
		goku(ULTRA_INT pl) {
			powerLevel = pl;
			hidePL = false;
		}
		ULTRA_INT getPowerLevel(person p) {
			if (p.name == "Vegeta") {
				hidePL = false;
				powerLevel = 9001;
			}
			if (p.name == "Freeza") {
				hidePL = true;
				powerLevel = 1000000000;
			}
			if(hidePL && powerLevel>=10000)
				return floor(powerLevel / 10000);
			return powerLevel;
		}
	protected:
		goku(){} 
}
}
Last edited on
class goku : public sayian("kakarot") {

I don't think this'll work. You'd have to do that in your goku constructor.

Also, DBZ rocks.
heh, I think you're right. I've been spending a lot of time in languages based on C++ but aren't c++. I think that's valid in a dialect of Java I was trying out.
I actually think I prefer Dragon ball to Dragon ball Z. When I re-watched DBZ in my first year of uni I felt very aware of the amount of yelling all of the characters do as they are powering up in DBZ (the walls were all too thin in halls).
Headphones work awesome for that, heh. Also, I usually skipped through most of the powerup scenes honestly (so dumb) except for the important ones like SSJ Goku vs Freiza.
wait, you skipped over most of the powerup scenes? That's like 5/7ths of the series!
Dragonball is pretty awesome too. It's way more hilarious than DBZ.

"Uwa! Bulma! Your balls are missing!"

DBZ is rad though. Really if the fight scenes and powerup stuff got trimmed, the plot is actually really interesting, and the charaters are great (except for Future Trunks who is a whiney loser. Which is suprising becase little kid (Buu Saga) Trunks is freaking awesome.)

Also the running gag/theme in DBZ: "Goku is on the way!" Anyone else ever notice that? Most of the show is everyone stalling/buying time until Goku gets there (from wherever he is).

- Saiyan Saga: Everyone was holding off Nappa and Vegeta while Goku was coming back from Snake Way
- Namek Saga: Krillin and Gohan are sneaking around on Namek while Goku is headed there
- Frieza Saga: Vegeta, Piccolo, etc were all fighting Frieza while Goku was recovering in the tank
- Android Saga: Everyone gears up and prepares for Frieza's return -- Goku didn't come back from space yet
- Android Saga again: Everyone fights/stall the androids while Goku recovers from his heart virus
- Cell Saga: Vegeta fights/stalls Cell while Goku trains in the time chamber

The Buu Saga was weird because everyone was all disorganized and scattered throughout the whole thing. So each team was trying one idea, failing, then another team would step in, fail, then another, etc. It's been a while since I saw it, but from my memory there were at least 5 attempts (Gotenks, SSJ3 Goku, Mystic Gohan, Vegitto, Goku+Vegeta+Spirit Bomb). That's not counting all the stalling and stuff with Mr. Satan.

(Mr. Satan is awesome, btw)
Last edited on
Vegeta fights/stalls Cell while Goku trains

Vegeta didn't stall for Goku, and he didn't either when fighting Frieza, he thought he had surpassed a normal saiyan (Goku) and become a super saiyan. It's simply not his character to stall for a lower class saiyan; note that he's often refering to himself as the prince of all saiyans. He did however stall for "1 minute" against Kid Buu so Goku could power up. This is all part of Vegeta's character development throughout DBZ.
Last edited on
I know that Vegeta wasn't intentionally stalling for Goku (he was fighting to win/prove that he doesn't need Goku's help), but in the end that's effectively what he was doing whether it was his intention or not.
I have the anime books of DB at home. Just cleaned them out this weekend, because I'm moving and I have to get rid of them. Some time ago, I saw the DBGT series (started when I was sick for a while and needed something "low mental effort", then stuck to it because nostalgia kicked in). The difference in quality is just astounding. DB was actually good, DBGT is pretty terrible. I'm thinking that once their "powering up" scenes start destroying planets, it was probably time to quit the series.
Yeah.... I watched like 4 eps of DBGT and realized it was complete crap.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12