SFML 2

Pages: 123
I did define SFML_STATIC...

EDIT: Omg this is crazy! Now the release DLL's don't work anymore too!
Only debug DLL's still work...
It says suddenly: Can't find -lsfml-window and the others, while it's ine the same folder as the debug ones...
Last edited on
So what are the exact names of the library files, and the exact things you are adding to Code::Block's linker list? (Just give one example, e.g. the graphics ones)
ok.
File name:
sfml-graphics-2.dll (inside the folder of my project)

in C:\MinGW\lib:
libsfml-graphics-d.a
libsfml-graphics-s.a
libsfml-graphics-s-d.a

in Linker:
sfml-graphics-s

EDIT: LOL, writing this I realized I had accidently removed the non debug dynamic version -.-
Dynamics all work!
So now it's down to the statics...
Last edited on
Can it not find the static libraries, or are you getting unresolved symbols, etc?
This is what I'm getting:

||=== testt, Release ===|
c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\i686-pc-mingw32\4.6.0\..\..\..\libsfml-window-s.a(VideoMode.cpp.obj):VideoMode.cpp|| undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\i686-pc-mingw32\4.6.0\..\..\..\libsfml-window-s.a(VideoMode.cpp.obj):VideoMode.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\i686-pc-mingw32\4.6.0\..\..\..\libsfml-window-s.a(VideoMode.cpp.obj):VideoMode.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\i686-pc-mingw32\4.6.0\..\..\..\libsfml-window-s.a(VideoMode.cpp.obj):VideoMode.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\i686-pc-mingw32\4.6.0\..\..\..\libsfml-window-s.a(Window.cpp.obj):Window.cpp|| undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 0 warnings ===|  

It keeps repeating the first 4...
This thread suggests that these errors are caused by your version of g++.
http://www.sfml-dev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3008&sid=5715e823de446ddd6854149b64035e31

It suggests one called "DW2".
Oh god... YAM (yet another MinGW -.-)
Ah well I guess I'll have to.
But before I change, is it possible that my previous projects (made with the SLJL one) will no longer compile?
Right. I have looked again at the forum. In fact, you don't necessarily ned the "DW2" one. You just need to use the same version of MinGW to compile SFML as you use to compile your application.

Have you changed your MinGW after building SFML?

is it possible that my previous projects (made with the SLJL one) will no longer compile?

I'm not sure, sorry. Unless they use external libraries compiled with a different one, I don't see why there would be a problem. If there is, you could always swap back.
Last edited on
I see, I compiled it with a different MinGW. I set up C::B to use that version and BANG! Everything works fine now :D
Thanks dude!
No problem... I was mostly as lost as you. When I have problems with SFML, it's often difficult to know what to do about them. However, once you're set up, there don't seem to be too many of them ;)
You know, Laurent should really write a book on SFML 2 once it's out. At the moment there is only very little documentation to be found, except for on the main website.
I was thinking a book would be good just the other day. Mind you, there aren't many even for SDL.
Well, let's hope there will be for SFML!
He'd make a fortune :p
hey xanders, should I close this account and make a new one with a like name?

note that my name is alex(ander)

It would be good, but you don't really want to destroy your current account do you? You'd have to build your reputation on here all over again.
Not really, I could make it clear who I was. as for post counts. They mean nothing to me xD

Besides I've been meaning to step away from this pseudonym for some time.
Well it's a cool name, but I guess I shall now happily welcome xander337 to the community XD

We should ask the mods to put a notice somewhere to tell people called "Alex" how to choose their name in the future...
Bahaha, sounds like a splendid idea. And you mean admin. There are no mods, only Twicker.
Yeah I put admin then for god knows what reason I changed it...

There are no mods, only Twicker

How melodramatic :P
Lol man this is going to get confusing!
For the record, my real name is xander, just xander and no alexander :p
Pages: 123