Hello from a new member!

Hi everyone, just thought that I would introduce myself. I have been using this website for a few years now to help me on my path to becoming a better programmer. I decided to finally take the plunge in becoming an active participant in online forums. cplusplus.com has always been a favorite of mine and I am glad to finally be a part of the community :)

I recently put a post in the general section. Hope you can find the time to comment. Thank you.

cplusplusdna
Welcome!

I hope that you will find the community helpful, as I did and still do!

Just don't be afraid to ask questions. He who asks a dumb question is smarter than he who does not ask.
Good chinese proverb QWERTY n welcome Cplusplusdna! Like QWERTY don't be afraid to ask questions, whether you ask them the 'smart' way or the 'dumb' way your bound to get a response even if its not from Grey Wolf. See you on the forums!

Steve
closed account (z05DSL3A)
skittalz,

What crawled up your arse and died?
I dunno, I would ask you but first I need to

6.Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.

lol
skittalz,

Ah, so you are having a go about the "how to ask..." article, you have obviously misread it...
Last edited on
If by

miss read

you mean 'misread' then no I didn't. I read it with both my eyes, interpreted it with my mind and smell the stench of it with my nose. I think I read it right for the most part
Last edited on
Relax dude...
You just entered the forum and the first thing you posted (and all of your posts till now) are for the rules... If you don't like them why are you here???
Haha I've always been using this site for resources. I never looked to much in these forums and when I did the first thing I read was the most arrogant thing I've read on this site. The post wasnt the 'rules' by the way, I actually haven't posted anything in regards for the rules. Try reading my posts again, then get back to me.
I'm sorry, it was not the rules. Just how to ask a question so it can be best for you that you ask and for those who are gonna answer your question.
It is not arrogant to tell somebody how to make a good post. It is just helpfull. And probably when it says "the smart way" it means exactly that.
People have other things to do than trying to understand what the question is or answer the same thing that somebody else answered. If people just start posting the same questions again and again the forum will become a place with so many questions and aswers, on the same subject, that will make it very difficult for somebody to find anything...
I think I read it right for the most part

So you are admitting that you may have misread some of it!

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood. ~Karl Popper, Unended Quest

To be able to ask a question clearly is two-thirds of the way to getting it answered. ~John Ruskin
Last edited on
skittalz wrote:
The post wasnt the 'rules' by the way, I actually haven't posted anything in regards for the rules. Try reading my posts again, then get back to me.

Try reading Welcome -- read before posting! in the beginer forum.
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/

Thanks for the welcoming. I definitely got a good laugh after reading all of this...

:)
cppdna
Wait.......
my proverb was Chinese?
O_o
my proverb was Chinese?

No, but it was written in terms of a faux Chinese Proverb.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.