Brain Teasers, Riddles, etc...

Pages: 1... 3456
@helios
Simulation of what?

Sorry about that, I know 'simulate' is not the right term to use but I couldn't think any of other words. My english vocabulary is kinda weak.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Zykker wrote:
So like... Did no one pay attention to my post on how the only reason the host would ask you is if you had the right door to begin with? Actually it was Albatross's post, but still. If you were told by someone who is in on the trick tells you that you will have a chance to switch then is it not more logical that he would only ask if you were right. You could make a big deal out of it and get the switch but why would you if you had no reason to want to switch? Its a trick-trick question. Very Clever.
and wrote:
Im not denying that its retarded but for the question that Albatross asked, 0 is the answer.... unfortunately.

If it were the case that the host may or may not offer the option to switch then you would need to know the rules that govern this to be able to formulate an answer. As you do not have these rules you cannot say that 0 is the correct answer.

The game show stuff ain't finish yet?
Grey Wolf wrote:
and wrote:
and wrote:
and wrote:
and wrote:
chrisname fell asleep:
Zzzzzzzzzz...
and slept:
Zzzzzzzzzz...
and slept:
Zzzzzzzzzz...
and slept:
Zzzzzzzzzz...
and slept:
Zzzzzzzzzz...
Last edited on
Fine, I didn't know there was a limit on the length of conversations.
Alice, Bob, Carol, Dave, Eve, and Walter go to the movies. They find six empty seats, but now must decide the arrangement.
Knowing that: [Alice and Bob] and [Dave and Eve] are dating (3), Bob and Walter are friends (1), Walter and Dave are friends (1.2), Dave can't stand either Bob or Alice (-1), Carol and Dave are friends (.75), Eve and Carol are friends (1), Alice and Eve are friends (2), and Carol has a crush on Walter (4), find a seating arrangement that maximizes total satisfaction, and another that maximizes fairness.
Last edited on
What are the numbers in parens about? The number of points we get if they're next to each other?

Carol, Walter, Dave, Eve, Alice, Bob.
4 + 1.2 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 13.2

I don't understand what you mean by "maximizes fairness".

@Grey Wolf,
I was joking; but it was time for a subject change...
Last edited on
Hmm, insulting people is joking...well in that case you're a fuckwit...only joking, no wait I wasn't.

bye.

PS. twicker feel free to cancel my account.
Last edited on
What? I did not mean to insult you in any way. I got a little bored of the conversation going on for so long (and by the looks of things, others did too) and decided to post a joke. If you took it the wrong way, then more fool you.

To be honest, I'd have thought that most people would understand a joke when they see one. helios seems to have understood my calling him an asshole was a joke.

I wasn't implying you are boring; merely that the subject of discussion was boring and I wanted it to end. You could have continued the discussion anyway, that would have been fine. But instead you decided to get angry over nothing. Whatever.

So long.
Is helios just taking xkcd comics and putting them in riddle form?

XD
Is helios just taking xkcd comics and putting them in riddle form?
The first one was a joke, but this one is somewhat interesting to solve. Well, the solution is trivial because 6! is a rather small number, but the process to find it is what's interesting.
Maybe I should have put more thought into the weights, rather than assigning them at random.

chrisname: Are you sure that's the best solution?
A fair solution is one with a small difference between the best seat and the worst seat.

Calm down, people. There's no need to get dramatic.
No, it was the first one I thought of.
I cannot believe this.

I wanted to start a thread where people have fun and share riddles and such, you know, FOR FUN.

It somehow turned into people arguing discussing a game show that isn't even on the air anymore.

helios, thank you for starting to go off the Monty Hall topic.
I think the Monty Hall discussion was fun.

And chrisname, you have to find the best solution.
What if I don't want to find the best solution?
I think the Monty Hall discussion was fun.

It probably was, but it's aftermath (regarding Grey Wolf's post) didn't seem like it.

By the way, does anyone know why I keep getting logged out? I'm not clicking the log out button...
The "remember me" function has been broken forever.
Yeah, but it's not happening when I close my browser, it happens when I open a new tab, go on youtube for an hour, and come back here.
chrisname,

I apologise, I have had a bad day and didn't take your post very well.

I still don't see it as a joke and tried to shrug it off but your "just joking" comment pushed one to many buttons.

The discussion was interesting and it could not have been only me that found it so as I was not conversing with myself. Just because you are not interested in the way a discussion is going doesn't give you the right to effectively tell people to shut up in an incredible rude manner.
@Grey Wolf,
Ok. I'm sorry too; although to be perfectly honest I didn't think it could be taken the wrong way -- it was merely intended as a joke. I can see why you thought it was rude but that wasn't my intent. Regardless, I'm sorry.

Well, what is done is done.

@tortillahead,
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAX
Pages: 1... 3456