General C++ Programming - November 2016 (Page 8)

How can I make a list of ints?

I want to have a list of integers. I thought that an array would do fine but it seems that I have to specify a length for every array. Is there something simila...
[3 replies] Last: And a container cheat-sheet to aid selecting the appropriate one ... ... (by gunnerfunner)
by Aideux
OpenGL program refuses to enter "for" loop

Hey all! I've been getting this issue when I'm trying to check for collision against the camera in my game and boxes I've created. For some reason, however, the...
[2 replies] Last: Don't I populate boxes in the Display() function, or maybe would I do ... (by Aideux)
Maze Game

I want to add some randomness to this game. Does anyone know how I could have the players character be different each game or possibly show up on different part...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=mbozzi]No, it's entirely possible to generate a random maze; th... (by Huawei)
Passing long pointer between files

I've been dabbling with DirectX for about a month now, and I'm trying to build separate classes for each individual component; Initialization, lights, texture a...
[1 reply] : The symbol needs to have external linkage in order to share it between... (by mbozzi)
by opengl
TCP server handle Clients, std::map or array?

struct CLIENT_DATA { int m_nOnlineTime; int m_nCredits; }; for a tcp server which would handle at most 10240 clients. I want to manage all the clients.the...
[8 replies] Last: I can use another vector to maintain the available position in a C arr... (by opengl)
Structures

I am so confused in what I am doing wrong and how can I fix it. The main problem is: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; struct Movi...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; struct ... (by boost lexical cast)
Help!! Arrays

How Can i Store 20 characters in 2 arrays? 10 characters Each array??
[2 replies] Last: Why is this a question... int main() { int array1 = { }, array... (by boost lexical cast)
you’re now not paying practically

With the Astoria VR, you don’t get the equal build first-class as the Samsung equipment VR. Nevertheless, you’re now not paying practically as much. Astoria...
[no replies]
Strlen() always returns 6 or 0!

Hello All, I am trying to count the number of characters in a user entered string. Here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <stdio.h>...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/202906/ (by shadder)
by mscsr1
Pure Abstract Base Class Project

Define a pure abstract base class called BasicShape that has the following members: private: double area; // Hold's the shape's area. public: getArea...
[4 replies] Last: 1. calcArea() should be const 2. Circle and Rectangle class ctor's we... (by gunnerfunner)
problems with unicode mapvirtualkey

Hi i am trying to do one program to trigger key's in one game. But my problem is here when i try to convert my key info: int result = ToUnicodeEx(pKeyboard...
[no replies]
by acow99
Linked List program help

Here is my program so far. it compiles but does not do the right job. at the beginning is the programs job in comments. can someone please help with fixing t...
[3 replies] Last: My output just is like Enter 5 numbers: 3 4 5 6 7 and literally nothin... (by acow99)
[Solved] Having a Private and Public Overriding Function

I want to do a overloading private fucntion to see it work, didnt have any compile error, it said a weird answer on the console. Do you know the reason it might...
[3 replies] Last: THX for that reply , i wanted assign values from the private classes b... (by chrisdesir)
User-interface

As a programmer, your task is to design a program to enable an Uber company to obtain information on registered accounts both(both passengers and drivers), numb...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/202880/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
urgent User-employee interface code

a code for number of users/passengers and uber drivers for a company: assume the number to be 10 for bothe drivers and passengers. the code should contain the n...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/202880/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Urgent

As a programmer, your task is to design a program to enable an Uber company to obtain information on registered accounts both(both passengers and drivers), numb...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/202852/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Coding with Function problem

I am working on a code using a function, to calculate the area and circumference of a circle once the radius is collected from the user. The issue I am exp...
[5 replies] Last: All: Thank you. I am reviewing and studying this for better understan... (by SamT1234)
Help with Bjarne Stroustrup Chapter 13 Graphics Drill.

/*I don't know if I came to the right place for this. I am using Bjarne Stroustrup Programming, Principles and Practice using C++ and this is from a Drill in Ch...
[no replies]
SDL1.2 - Drawing transparent image to color-keyed surface

I'm working with SDL1.2 and have been trying to find a solution to this problem for some time. I have an image with some transparency done through the SDL_SetAl...
[10 replies] Last: Alright, I think I almost have it figured out. I looked a bit more clo... (by kirchenwald)
by stav
opengl access violation error

so i wrote this program that just creates a red window using SDL and then initializes GLEW.. Main.cpp: #include <GL\glew.h> #include "window.h" int m...
[2 replies] Last: uhh im not sure....what exactly do you mean by current? :p (by stav)
November 2016 Pages: 1... 678910... 23
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.