General C++ Programming - June 2013 (Page 20)

How can I use eof and carriage return together?

Hi everyone I'm going to write a program that takes string until end of file(eof). An condition must be considered and that is it must also terminate by a new ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you JLBorges that really helped. ;) (by bmardanzadeh)
using gotoxy

Is gotoxy command only available in Windows Platform? in that case, what is the best way to move a character around the screen?
[2 replies] Last: A question for Linux folk. According to wikipedia.org Most terminal ... (by andywestken)
Binary Tree

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my binary tree for school. It is a data structures class so we are working on learning how to make our own binary trees a...
[5 replies] Last: Wow I can't believe I didn't see that before. Thanks, having a fresh s... (by BradleyHeat)
CD Collection, Arrays or Array of Structs help

Disgrard. Don't know how to delete post.
[1 reply] : What exactly are you struggling with? (by xismn)
Default Constructors and Header Files.

Hello all! I'm working on trying to figure out constructors and header files. Can ya'll help me out with this? I'm sure my code looks like a mess as I tried ...
[8 replies] Last: Ah this would be more secure yes? I had tried that in then debugging p... (by ThePoloHobo)
2 array string

i want to make 2 array(x,y) string when i do string temp but cout << temp does not work hot do u propery define it
[3 replies] Last: What error does the compilef show? Try the std::vector instead of c ar... (by htroyo)
by NDSE
Issue with Quest System

quest.cpp #include <vector> #include <string> #include <quest.h> using namespace std; void init_questlog(){ for (int x = 0; x < max_quests; x++){ quest_l...
[2 replies] Last: That makes a lot more sense, and yeah I've heard the global variable t... (by NDSE)
by lida
C++ builder application start with administrator rights

Hello, sorry if this topic were discussed before, I swear I tried to find it everywhere but I failed... I would need to know how to make the c++ builder a...
[4 replies] Last: You could turn off UAC controls. This would make it so that all applic... (by ostar2)
Reversing a linked list recursively

Can anybody please explain me why rest always points to the last element (line: 24)? If it is because of variable rest is send as reference (&rest) parameter ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much! I just drew the activation record. It makes perfect... (by MagicTree)
My Allegro sprite is not showing up in the right spot

So I have a small game I'm making using OOP principles, I know it's a little bit of overkill but it's just for educational purposes. I have a sprite character t...
[3 replies] Last: Mediafire/Github anything like that (I still believe it would be easie... (by Hippogriff)
char vector

let say char temp ; and you want to make vector of this char vector<????> boardVec;
[2 replies] Last: std::vector<std::vector<char>> temp http://www.cplusplus.com/refere... (by Daleth)
by ostar2
Invalid use of void expression

Hi, again, I am trying to run a void function and pass parameters to it on a thread using std::thread . However, I keep getting compile errors. When I can get ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. (by ostar2)
Visual Studio Compile/Debug Error

Everytime I press gthe lovely green debug button I get this error: error LNK1561: entry point must be defined Here is my code, can you assist me on what...
[7 replies] Last: Oh, Well I've worked it out from another Wizard Generated Form App. ... (by ADAMPOKE111)
by zigzak
I want to write a game engine.

I want to write a game engine. C + + to write the engine suitable? IDEs which do you recommend? Can you give us a few resources?
[1 reply] : First learn the basics of C++. I am just taking a guess here from the ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by Lucasp
Need Help for a while loop

I was coding a program that can count space, new_line, and other characters in a paragraph, but it doesn't work. Please help me find errors in this system. :( ...
[1 reply] : hi, you for reading a string in c ,you should use of %[^\n] ... t... (by shahabp)
CodeBlocks and latest Qt5.0.2 Need Help

Im using windows vista and running a codeblocks compiler as my default c++ compiler. Everything works fine when i run a console based c++ programs, until recent...
[no replies]
Overloading new operator

Hi, To overload new operator i came across code like this void*operator new(size_t s,int i) { int*q=(jnt *)malloc(s); *q=i; return q; } ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cyberplusindia.com/blog/index.php/2008/10/18/overloading-ne... (by jain amit 14)
encoder and decoder

i have to do a code for a encoder decoder and converter for binary number, hexadecimal, please help!!!
[1 reply] : Please note, that it is not a homework site. We won't do your homework... (by MiiNiPaa)
for encoder and decoder for binary nummber

i have to do a code for a encoder, decoder and converter for binary number and hexadecimal, please help!!!
[1 reply] : Do not double post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/104039/ (by MiiNiPaa)
Help with OOP

I have been trying to simulate a basic bank system (create/delete bank accounts, keep track of the total balance existing in the bank as well as a local balance...
[5 replies] Last: Oh, right, thanks. :) Well, the only reason I made them static is beca... (by jumper007)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 1819202122... 28
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.