General C++ Programming - January 2019 (Page 4)

by Allaye
int already defined in .obj vs 2017 LNK2005 ERROR

a.h pink(); int a; string doe; int pri; ............. a.cpp #include "a.h" pink() { a = 20; doe = "dodd"; pri =24; } .......... ma...
[12 replies] Last: This is what salem c wrote earlier: [quote=salem c] Exactly ONE of you... (by Ganado)
Code Correctiong

I am a BIG C++ noob, and I am trying to create a code that randomly picks a word from a list. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this? #include <iostream> ...
[12 replies] Last: Also, the run-time problem that I originally spoke of still is happeni... (by Ganado)
malloc doc omits errno

The IEEE spec declares that malloc() sets errno on error, but this website has no mention of errno for the malloc page. http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/...
[4 replies] Last: I didn't say "there is only one reason". I said "there is only one pos... (by dutch)
Temporary command?

is it possible to make a temp command? so for example if i inserted a word for example "Checkpoint" would it be possible to make the program create a line of co...
[3 replies] Last: good debuggers have the concept of a breakpoint and its good friend th... (by jonnin)
Hashmap in c++

I am passing a string array and an empty map as input; if the element in array is in map, it should increase the value of index in map else it should just add t...
[1 reply] : mapone.find(array ) returns the iterator map<string,int>::iterator ... (by coder777)
by Vinno
Error in Output !

This is a program for a quiz competition. The program seems to run fine but when I try to display the result it displays junk. Please HELP !! #include<iostr...
[3 replies] Last: case 4: { fstream f; participant o, m; ... (by salem c)
Visual studio compatable website building framework

Hi, I want to build a website for my app company, do you recommend any c++ built frameworks I can use? I currently only know console c++ and intermediate Coc...
[5 replies] Last: > but I would like to apply my c++ skills to this, to make it matter Y... (by salem c)
by PaoloM
NEW VECTOR. HELP

Who can help me? I shoud create a new vector from the first one: the new vector has to contain all the values between -15 and 45. Shouldn't be any empty cells. ...
[5 replies] Last: > vett_new =vett ; j is your output index, which you need ... (by salem c)
multithreading application using C++ with pro*c

Hi, we are trying to write multi thread application using c++ and pro*c. is there any interface function in Pro*c such that we will be getting database conne...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure I understand the question. From what I read, Pro*C is a p... (by helios)
by Allaye
function call not working as i aspect it

help.cpp char Option; cout << endl; cout << endl; cout << "Options" << endl; cout << endl; cout << "Type the corresponding number" << endl; ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks boss that works , much thanks (by Allaye)
Array

How to when I have a array that keeps me that number in some kind of variable. Number can be bigger that 9. Thank you. cin: 4 // number of elements of arra...
[3 replies] Last: I don't need help. I recognize where I was wrong. Thank you. (by steph111)
by Smolt
Resources

Disclaimer: Sorry if this doesn't really go here, I don't know where else to ask this. Basically I need a multiplatform way of embedding data into c++ execut...
[4 replies] Last: But I don't want to do this because how could this be practical if ... (by jonnin)
Error in xcode

Dear forum members, I have an error saying All paths through this function will call itself at line 137 when the code is run in Xcode. Please look what might ...
[7 replies] Last: I thought it should work the way I've written with setchar()? You ha... (by Peter87)
Designing a converter using c++

Hey guys, I have just started learning c++, its been a around 2 months now since i am doing my basics. I am trying to design a simple gpa to percentage convert...
[1 reply] : GPA is a combination of the value of the class and the grade earned. ... (by jonnin)
C++ Problem in task

HELLO GUYS is have I solved the task right so far ? a) First create the files CParkingLot.h and CParkingLot.cpp and declare the class CParkingLot according to t...
[18 replies] Last: I don't see anything missing or obviously wrong. So did you test it? D... (by coder777)
by sizeof
Do screenshot in C++/CLI

Write your question here. 0 I use windows 7 and VS2010. I write a piece of C++/CLI code to do measurements, during which I want to make screenshot. I have tr...
[2 replies] Last: Here's a demo in C#, you can do the same steps in C++ / CLI. Bitmap an... (by Thomas1965)
how do i code this?

hello, i a beginner in using c++. im doing a quadratic assignment problem i have this problem.. i really blackout in coding this. i already start with reading t...
[2 replies] Last: the flow consist facility i and k and the dist consist location j and ... (by shuthairah)
by Ruf
I need to produce the 3 outputs from each of the 2 classes in the program. Can anyone guide me

#include "targetver.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <cstring> #include <thread> #include <mutex> #include <string> std::mutex myMutex; bool locked = t...
[no replies]
by Ganado
C++ modules draft, macros

Where is the best place to find the most up-to-date version of how modules will look like in the upcoming C++ standard? http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg2...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome thanks, I'm sure that draft will clear up a lot of questions. (by Ganado)
Is it a good practice to not to separate function declarations and definitions for templated classes ?

Hi Everyone :), Generally in non templated classes, we separate the function declarations and definitions into separate files (.h and .cpp) But the above pr...
[4 replies] Last: If a method is more than 2-3 lines I define it separately from the cla... (by dhayden)
January 2019 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [dec2018] [feb2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.