General C++ Programming - January 2016 (Page 10)

Number to string in filename

Given a number, nr, I want to write many file names that include this number, and I would therefore like to know how to convert a number to a string for use in ...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you for your kind support. (by glasses)
dynamic array

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int *a; a=new int ; a=new int ; cout<<&a ; delete a; return 0; } it mean the array siz...
[3 replies] Last: it mean the size of the array can't expand? Correct. You're better... (by MikeyBoy)
how to read a large binary file contain integers and parse it, write to multiple files

how to read a large binary file contain integers and parse it, write to multiple files
[1 reply] : If I were you, I wouldn't be using the & operator on strings (5th line... (by Shadowwolf)
How export old C dll for use in C# Class Library

There are two old C files with tow related headers . For using them in Visual Studio 2013 i created a Visual C++ Win32 Console Application and disabled...
[no replies]
wxWidgets: wxRichTextCtrl

So I've subclassed wxRichTextCtrl (inherited from it) in order to be able to use it. What I need to do is get all the text (styles and all) that is stored with...
[7 replies] Last: Wow, it works! So now my solution is this: void my_class::content(c... (by IWishIKnew)
Final project error

Hello, i got this error "clrscr undeclared" on all of my functions, but my friend who helped me with it looked at the code and said there was nothing wrong with...
[4 replies] Last: Moschops, which standard tool do you suggest for clearing the screen?... (by Moschops)
Hi all, ok so i am to create a wordpuzzle and with 3 classes..letterreplacement, letterremoval,vowel removal.

now for the letterreplacement am to replace all the occurence of a letter in a sentence with another letter. for the vowelremoval, am to removel the vowels in t...
[2 replies] Last: sorry new to this, also to c++ obviously seeing as my mistakes are man... (by lionel195)
help - limit download/upload speed

hello , i am making a program that limit internet speed for a specific program i searched in every where but couldn't find code that limit speed of internet f...
[no replies]
by Senor
Why does this code work just like the other more 'proper' style of code?

Device: Arduino UNO Program: Arduino Case: Turning on multiple LEDs on a breadboard using a function + array, but I am told that my style isn't consistent and...
[2 replies] Last: In the setup() function you have not given a value to variable i so ... (by Peter87)
I wrote this 2D vector code to receive user input at runtime. Please correct me where it is posting the few errors.

Hello comrades. I wanted to make a 2D table to receive user input strings. There is a part that is not doing. Kindly advise where to correct the mistake. #incl...
[1 reply] : Please tell us what appears to be wrong with your program. You say tha... (by jlb)
Licensing Issues

Hi I am evaluating the use of various S/W development tools, in order to develop Business Application Software (such as Finance, Inventory, Purchase, Marketi...
[11 replies] Last: The libG++ library is the GNU C++ library; not the standard C++ libra... (by helios)
Nodes

I was reading through other threads and seen the term nodes. I tried to find it very quickly but to no avail. If someone could give me a simplistic explanation...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, okay that was very helpful thanks for the information! (by YvngSavage)
Read a particular line in a text file

Hi all Firstly, many thanks for the members here who have actively helping me before. I have a task to do and I have no idea how to implement it using C++...
[4 replies] Last: You are quite right, I think I can decide the maximum buffer I need to... (by luckyvictor)
by Zarman
I have a problem with my program

I'm new to this website, so don't scold me if I posted this in the wrong place. So basically, I'm making this problem that solves equations, like 5x+45=21+7x (...
[7 replies] Last: Parsing strings is perhaps a bit too hard for a neophyte. Dealing corr... (by JLBorges)
Help with Program getSize, getSpace, inputData, printData, Destroy

I'm getting error messages "No matching function for call to 'inputData', 'printData', and 'Destroy'. This is the problem: Write a program containing the fo...
[9 replies] Last: Yes, that seems reasonable. (by Chervil)
Huffman coding using priority queues

Why is it suggested to use 2 priority queues instead of 1 to implement Huffman coding? I'm just trying to understand how it aids computational complexity. For i...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <tuple> #include <vector> #include <qu... (by arijit32)
list program, core dump error

Hello everybody, i really need a help, i was trying to create a db of books, with a class book and a list that contains the books, i did all the stuff needed bu...
[3 replies] Last: > i m trying to make it showed like a code, but it doesnt work. [co d... (by ne555)
by AcarX
sscanf problem

I'm trying to parse a 13.000 line file line by line. I tried parsing it with std::string::find and std::string::substr but it takes about 15 seconds. With sscan...
[3 replies] Last: @Chervil Hey thanks for the reply. I've used std::istringstream with t... (by AcarX)
How to reading multiple text file

Hi all Here is what I want to do: There are around 200 text files of test results in a folder that I want to read them one by one and extract data that I ...
[7 replies] Last: @naraku9333 Many thanks, it works very well!! (by luckyvictor)
'Uint' has not been declared ( Even with correct Header files )

Hello all! Hope you can help! I can seem to figure out why this error is being thrown, everything seems in place. Long story short, I am attempting to develop...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks helios and Peter87 for the quick replies! @helios I tried tha... (by bitMerc)
January 2016 Pages: 1... 89101112... 18
  Archived months: [dec2015] [feb2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.