General C++ Programming - February 2016 (Page 9)

Need help!!!!

My instructor did not teach me this topic at all. I need to write the implementation of each public functions and default constructor and destructor. ArrayMap.h...
[1 reply] : Hey, please edit your post and use code tags to make the code more rea... (by TarikNeaj)
by Hex213
Connection

Hi, I need to get information about incoming connections and decide whether to Enable. Can I do something in win32? I need help :).
[2 replies] Last: Any progress? I wouldn't offer either of these as a solution if I coul... (by Computergeek01)
std::shared_ptr::operator-> constness

Hi Can anyone explain to me why std::shared_ptr operator*() const and operator->() const are returning non constan pointer / reference to the shared object. ...
[6 replies] Last: The foo() in the initial post is not calling any member functions of s... (by Cubbi)
by Timbi
Zlib and vectors

Hey I have zlib library and want to deflate and inflate data at vector with buffer help. I have found some code and modified it a bit, can anyone check and corr...
[no replies]
Data structure and algorithms time computation ?

Assume the following set of instructions: 1. i = 0 2. if i >= n, goto line 6 3. if A = = x, goto line 7 4. i++ 5. goto line 2 6. return false 7. return true ...
[9 replies] Last: The problem statement doesn't say anything on the matter. (by helios)
Function Over Guard

Background: Sometimes, I want to call a specific function when the called function is over(return or throw an exception). The direct wat is to use the destruct...
[3 replies] Last: I have wrote a generic version: #include <functional> template<class... (by Wu zhen hai)
Read file names?

So I'm working on a program where I need to read multiple files and work with the data. I just don't know how to read multiple files using c++. Just one file at...
[2 replies] Last: Under Windows you can use FindFirstFile and FindNextFile. https://msdn... (by Thomas1965)
can print std::Array from main, but not from function

This print function code works in main: while(ctr++ <52) { cout<<card_deck .rank<<" "; cout<<card_deck .suit<<endl; } return 0; try...
[17 replies] Last: Which illustrates the point perfectly, because you didn't show us the ... (by MikeyBoy)
Backus Naur Form

We recently discussed the Backus Naur Form in our lesson. I actually read and studied some examples but in written language but I'm kinda confused about this ex...
[1 reply] : loco means "one or more '*'". cars means "one or more '-'". open means... (by helios)
C++ delay() problem

Hi guys, I am trying to make a program that output "Loading", then delay for 1 sec, then output ".", then delay for 1 sec, then output "." Just like "Loading.....
[5 replies] Last: Thanks! You guys let me learned a lot of new stuff (by Unturned)
Need assistance: Create a program to handle a college class grades:

Hi All, I'm almost halfway through the semester and so far so good, they give us one week to write a program, however, my 70 year old mother was in a car acci...
[no replies]
Where can I get the latest news of CPlusPlus?

I want to get the latest articles or videos of cplusplus from some master, such as Bjarne Stroustrup, Scott Meyers. Please recommend.
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Wu zhen hai)
Need help with a program. Please!

I need to make the following program for my intro to c++ class but I am totally stuck. Should I be doing this with a nested if statement? Here is what I nee...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/basic_io/ http://www.learncpp.co... (by TarikNeaj)
How to return an int from a Node

So I have a program in which I am trying to return the head_ptr or tail_ptr in the form of an int and I'm not sure how to accomplish this. Code is attached belo...
[2 replies] Last: Any time you change the head or next pointer, there's a good chance th... (by dhayden)
Validate the code if existing on the file, otherwise, display “record not found”)

I don't know how to validate the code if existing on the file, otherwise, display “record not found”) #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> #include <ctyp...
[4 replies] Last: can you show an example? Maybe something like this: char newc... (by Chervil)
C++ User-Input into Morse code

Hello Everyone, I am trying to code, in C++, a program that will convert user input into Morse code. The mappings for the morse code will be received from two ...
[7 replies] Last: I'd find a map far more intuitive for that, than an array. With a ma... (by dhayden)
Calculating C Language

How do i clculate C language ? I will appreciate your help and concern ! Thanks
[3 replies] Last: Yeah. This looks like someone trolling by trying to mimic some of our... (by MikeyBoy)
GLEW missing GL version but valid context

Hey i'm using glew and glfw3. In my code, I init glfw3 first, then I create a window and its context, and then I try to initialize glew. I get the "missing g...
[no replies]
Debugging Problem

Hello, i have a problem with the debugging at Visual Stuido 2012. Here is the error: > msvcr120.dll!_crt_debugger_hook(int _Reserved) Zeile 60 C msvcr...
[2 replies] Last: Can you post the code? (by Thomas1965)
std::bind ??

Hi, I have this code and it works, but I do not understand why I need a _1 placeholder in the call to std::bind since I am not allowed to call source with a pa...
[1 reply] : source and cooperative are a different objects. When source is ... (by coder777)
February 2016 Pages: 1... 7891011... 21
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.