General C++ Programming - February 2016 (Page 6)

by jeff14
Getting an error for function

Hi guys, this assignment is due in an hour and I am trying to finish it. I am getting an "expected primary expression before "double"". What am I doing wrong? ...
[7 replies] Last: calculation(double& pizzas, double& drinks); output(double& subtotal... (by Thomas1965)
I have a problem with the tcp and udp synchronization.

Hi. I have a problem with the tcp and udp synchronization. On the server it accepted the tcp connection with the: SDLNet_TCP_Accept(); But now i need to know...
[3 replies] Last: You can't know a UDP client's port before a packet is sent. (by kbw)
I GOT STOCK ON AN ERROR CHAR* TO CHAR FPERMISSIVE

#include<iostream> #include<cstring> using namespace std; char word ; char a ={a}; char e ={e}; char i ={i}; char o ={o}; char u ={u}; int x,y,z;...
[6 replies] Last: @ dvillfranca20 We can also compile your code using cpp.sh - there i... (by TheIdeasMan)
newbie to c++

im totally new to computer programming and really need help with this code. i know lines 3-9 are given but i dont understand the rest. any help will do. than...
[no replies]
std::move doesn't move?

Hi, I am following an example from Stroustrup's book, where we have a vector called v below which is passed by reference to function user(). There, it is passe...
[5 replies] Last: Do you agree with this? I am just trying to avoid copying the vector ... (by cire)
Generate exe

Hi i'm using visual studio 15 and finish my first application.. is a Visual C++ Win32 i using 3 differents libs.. i linked those 3 libs in my project.. ...
[6 replies] Last: We need the entire error OP, not just the file that is associated with... (by Computergeek01)
Palindrome tester with stack

I want to use stacks to test whether the input is a palindrome or not. Right now, for the input, I'm just using a six letter word, eg. abccba. What I need to ...
[no replies]
slot machine. How do I get it to stop outputting negative number

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> using namespace std; const int NO_MATCH = 5; const int TWO_MATCH = 1; const int THREE_MATCH = 30...
[6 replies] Last: I tried many ways of doing this but there is a certain way I have to s... (by DayJaL8)
Network Programming

I want to learn network programming systematically on windows, but I know very little about it. Who can recommend some classic books or some learning websit...
[3 replies] Last: You should take a look at cURL: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl... (by Computergeek01)
Passing of class of same object and with a value

I am given an assignment to implement folllowing code...What i dont understand is that in the add,sub and constructor how can large number itself be passed and ...
[6 replies] Last: Please use code tags: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ W... (by Chervil)
by ltc
Using Curl for downloading.

Hello, I'm using Curl 7.47.1 for downloading some files from internet. But I'm facing a trouble and I do not know how to fix it. Please kindly help me to ta...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your help. I fixed it. (by ltc)
by susu5
sequence class

When I compile and run the program, no error is given.It gives me an unexpected result, and the output is -858993460 . I thought it should give me the first ...
[1 reply] : The problem is in your insert method. // insert entry before the cu... (by Pindrought)
by susu5
sequence class

When I compile and run the program, no error is given.It gives me an unexpected result, and the output is -858993460 . I thought it should give me the first ...
[3 replies] Last: > I thought it should give me the first value of the array that's what... (by ne555)
Array beginner

Im not sure im doing this correctly, any help would be great. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { float firstint,secondint,thir...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, Please always use code tags http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z1... (by TheIdeasMan)
practice with linked list

I'm just doing some practice with linked list as to study and ran into a problem. So far I have 4 functions: build a list forward, moving a node from front to ...
[1 reply] : All sortList does currently is leak memory. The only way first an... (by cire)
Loop Program beginner Help

Its an assignment that ive been stuck on for a day, please help. Create a C++ program that generates the following display based on user input: Output sho...
[4 replies] Last: you are Awesome, Thank you so much. (by AnimalLover91)
Matrix

Hi! I have homework connected with spiral matrix 5x5. This code is for another problem but it does not work. I want to understand this to have the opportunity t...
[10 replies] Last: column 3 row 1 In other words, the value 16 should be in a Now,... (by keskiverto)
Serial Port

This is written C and I am trying to implement it in C++. This will identify the comport by device ID. List<string> ComPortNames(String VID, String...
[3 replies] Last: You can find some serial port classes and libraries on the internet. I... (by Tom56785)
Need a starting point on how to sort 5 values!

Given five integers as input, display each in the order entered by the user with the character '>', '<', or '=' in between each pair of numbers that accurately...
[1 reply] : As a starting point, the basic structure you'll want is something simi... (by shadowmouse)
February 2016 Pages: 1... 45678... 21
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.