General C++ Programming - February 2016 (Page 14)

C++ Primer

How good is C++ Primer (5th Edition)? Should I buy it? I was looking for additional resources to use together with this site. Thanks in advance!
[1 reply] : Have you checked out this? - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242... (by TarikNeaj)
std::array member functions

In my code below, can I use .member functions for std::array? #include<iostream> #include <array> using namespace std; void print_array(std::array<...
[10 replies] Last: Thx (by technologist)
Ordered Linked List

For my assignment i'm supposed to implement the 4 cases of inserting a node in a linked list. I finished the code but when i execute it, it stops working but I ...
[3 replies] Last: I cannot reproduce that. The output in the C++Shell is 14 37 47 68 ... (by coder777)
How does "free()" know the total allocated memory.

In C++, I can often do this: #include <stdlib.h> int main() { int * buffer1, * buffer2, * buffer3; buffer1 = (int*) malloc (100*sizeof(int)); buffer2 ...
[3 replies] Last: https://isocpp.org/wiki/faq/freestore-mgmt#num-elems-in-new-array (it ... (by ne555)
c++ custom DLL help

I have been trying to create a custom DLL to run in a program to go through existing data and create a new set of data that fits my criteria. The original set i...
[3 replies] Last: If you are a beginner than start with a simple console app. Once you g... (by Thomas1965)
Move insert range / rvalue iterators?

I have a vector that contains values that I want to insert to an unordered_map. std::unordered_map<std::string, int> map; std::vector<std::pair<std::string...
[1 reply] : I found I could use std::move_iterator. I have checked and it now inse... (by Peter87)
Chess cpp help with rokade

So i have created my chess program , took awhile but i got it, so i have only 2 more "bugs", first of all is the rokade problem , when i do rokade for both play...
[1 reply] : if you concentrate all of your energy on trying to telepathically send... (by TarikNeaj)
override in method definitions doesn't compile!!

Hi, I have the following code: class Z { public: virtual void doit() const; }; class ZZ : public Z { public: void doit() const override; ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks!! (by JUAN DENT)
Compare function for two strings of objects?

I believed that there was a compare function but my compiler does not agree with me... The following code is throwing errors saying my class has no member na...
[3 replies] Last: haha happens =) goodluck^^ (by TarikNeaj)
by CYRAX
HELP:: Specified cast is not valid

trying to call Find() from a test dll im messing with and I keep getting the error"Specified cast is not valid." here's a little snippet of what im working wit...
[2 replies] Last: im aware the little piece of code provided from the dll is in c++ not... (by CYRAX)
C++ source code

hello, i have problems to understand the following source code. It would be very nice when you could write to each line what Funktion it has. Thank you very mu...
[3 replies] Last: The function they have is literally being a function. void display(... (by TarikNeaj)
by shoxsz
std::bad_alloc

Hello, i have two structures like this: struct Rule{ int a, b, c; }; struct Transition{ int from; int to; std::vector<Apply...
[8 replies] Last: http://www.eelis.net/iso-c++/testcase.xhtml A testcase that does not r... (by ne555)
passing std::array to a function

Trying to write a simple program that can successfully pass an std::array (card_deck) to a function (print_array). I don't know the parameters I should pass: p...
[4 replies] Last: Thx, all straightened out! (by technologist)
Book advice please!

Hi, I recently started reading into class hierarchies and templates in Stroustrups "The C++ Programming Languages" and I'm starting to see that those 2 things a...
[4 replies] Last: I'm a little late, but anyway... what about Deitel book, it's classic ... (by The suffocated)
convert a file to a std::string

#include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> int main() { /* I wanna to convert a text file to a std::string quickly; The following ...
[2 replies] Last: You might find the file length, allocate a std::string of that size, a... (by Chervil)
by gaara1
New

I'm new to c++. I was wondering does anyone know a code that can censor a word in a music file.
[1 reply] : That is very non-trivial if you want to have the program automatically... (by wizebin)
Use of variadic templates of lambdas ?

Hi my friends. At first i specify that i use C++11. Often i need to make some operations before and after a call to a function. This function not have each ti...
[2 replies] Last: Last code have some problem, it pass always the values by copy. Perfec... (by danjiun)
DLLs and undefined reference to...

Hey, Forum! To put a long story short, I get this error from testing DLLs: undefined reference to `_imp___Z10AddNumbersdd' Why? Oh, and this is the DLL code...
[2 replies] Last: What are you trying to do? dllexport/dllimport is for automatically d... (by coder777)
Is it ram problem? (1,2)

Every program i create its take 2 sec to execute
[23 replies] Last: But you don't discuss. You write these vague, barely comprehensible q... (by MikeyBoy)
Do-While Issue

I Was Asked To Make A Basic Database (Project), Everything Works But The While Loop Doesnt Get Executed, Any Ways To Make It Work? Here Is The code: #in...
[1 reply] : Duplicate thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/184283/ Ple... (by MikeyBoy)
February 2016 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 21
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.