General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 22)

system, calling a program

So I know that I can call a program by system("prog.exe"), but what do I add in when I want to pass a parameter?
[2 replies] Last: The string that you pass into system should be exactly what you woul... (by MikeyBoy)
by rgork
Can I delete a member of vector that is pointed by a pointer?

I have following: struct Point {int* a; int b;}; vector<vector<Point> > numbers; vector<int> example; The numbers vector has a matrix of a sort and ...
[3 replies] Last: For this, I didn't go deeply but maybe it could be convenient to use a... (by S G H)
Syntax

Hello, I have a class object name Function_Data, and I want to create any such object locally (so I will know when the function ends and it was destroyed), but ...
[no replies]
understanding a char pointer to array in main(int argc, char *argv[])

The following parameter list defines and integer argc and a char pointer to and array. I know that argc passes the number of command line arguments and argv is...
[4 replies] Last: It also depends on what you mean by "change the contents of it". Some ... (by Duthomhas)
by Abdo2
Get New Ideas

I Need Program DO That : write a program that reads in a line consisting of a student's name,social security number ,user id,and password.the program output...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::endl... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
What is wrong about this algorithm?/

Do you know of better ways? Can you post source code, if you do? //Converts a double of base radix contained within a string //to an fundamental C++ double ...
[5 replies] Last: http://ideone.com/6Vp4wo http://ideone.com/Cck4Z3 There's about a 0.0... (by IndieExe)
Infinite loop???

Hi, I am getting an infinite loop from this very simple for loop and it's driving me nuts. It's actually written in C. Why is the for loop not working? BUFFER_S...
[2 replies] Last: check line 16 lol (by Anmol444)
pass by value and pass by reference

i think i understand both concept. i know that pass by value is that the function receiving those values makes actually a copy of those parameters. Passing by r...
[5 replies] Last: thanks to everyone. i understand better now (by rickymarks)
Battleship Project

qweqw
[no replies]
by ehab93
from string to a code

hi guys ..i wanna to know how can i get a string from the user and treat it as a c++ code ..is there any way to do that ??
[7 replies] Last: seems not easy as i thought ! but thanks guys for ur help (by ehab93)
by arazan
Need help with minor issues.

So here is my code: /* #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> using namespace std; class Point { private: double px; double py...
[1 reply] : When ran it outputs the correct information but it also includes the l... (by arazan)
stars doesn't space properly

#include "stdafx.h" #include<iostream> using namespace std; void line2(int,int,int); int main() {int i; do {cout<<"How many rows? "; cin>>i; if(i<0)...
[6 replies] Last: MiiNipaa, I can't thank you enough!!! Sharma, Thanks, but for th... (by who cares)
Difficult Program using Functions

As part of a project in psychology, Ben has been administering a MBTI personality test. Now he has all the responses, but the task of scoring and compiling res...
[5 replies] Last: I don't know how she got those numbers. I sometimes wonder if she make... (by madeinsilence)
by coder1
C++ FUTURE

Hi, im learning c++ to participate in the olympiad, but i dont know what is the future of c++, what would a c++ programmer work? thank you.
[8 replies] Last: thank you latenwrong. (by coder1)
by xsesx
A bunch of errors. cpp & .h

Here are the errors I am getting... Error 1 error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'make' c:\users\fred steinman\documents\visual studio 2...
[2 replies] Last: 1) You should include <string> in Car.h. Yes, at the moment, your so... (by MikeyBoy)
Compiles but "Stops Responding" Any safer way to use memove?

Hi I am relatively new to c/c++ and have created this function that takes 2 char arrays and compares them by index, by adding in dummy index's where one has the...
[3 replies] Last: Doesn't matter I fixed it my sizes were wrong for the memmove((void... (by nukem266)
guiding please

this is whay i have so far the key is to write a program that test both if then else statments and switch statements. the program i a weather program tha will h...
[1 reply] : Please do not post multiple threads. URl: http://cplusplus.com/forum/b... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Getting Data From A File and Outputting Help!

I am given a data file that contains sports data for 24 people. There are two rounds of the event. The first 48 lines of the file give the data for the 1st roun...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16065156/getting-data-from-a-file-a... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
by LB
Wrapping Constructors

I tried this, but it generates a runtime error and I'm not sure why: #include <iostream> #include <functional> #include <string> struct TestA { std:...
[19 replies] Last: > So why is std::move an exception? It is not an exception; std::mov... (by JLBorges)
Help with a Console Battleship Game

Hello everyone, my professor just gave me assignment to make any boardgame we want using the console. He wants us to use OOP and make user of the STL also. I ch...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vector/vector/vector/ From what I ... (by Danny Toledo)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 2021222324... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.