Beginners - September 2018 (Page 9)

by Bogard
CRC8 (uint8_t) from uint16_t data

Hello, i m new to c++ and low level programming and i need to check uint16 data with an crc with uint8 check sum i only have 3 free dec places for the crc to t...
[1 reply] : I would not modify it. instead, force-fit the 16 bit data into 8 bit ... (by jonnin)
Arrays in ascending order

Write a program that accepts five (5) integers from the user, sort in ascending order and display the sorted array in one line. #include <limits> #incl...
[10 replies] Last: IIIIIIIIIIIIII absolutely got ittttt thank you so much for both of you... (by closed account 9G3v5Di1)
array of pointer

i want to make array of pointer to char and assign it char however array size is from user for example: user said 3 a ="xxxx" a ="sssss" a ="hhhh" size ...
[7 replies] Last: > size of array is from user and size of string is also according to u... (by JLBorges)
by fredo
Finding occurrences of substring

I need to find the number of times a word or pattern appears in a string. Note: STL containers and built-in functions are not allowed. For example: If the p...
[2 replies] Last: There is probably a hard to read and understand single zero loop ve... (by lastchance)
A simple program however doubts on it

Hello mates. i would like to see your recommendations and your quotes. i don't know if i understand the set out of the problem, can you verify it? please how ...
[2 replies] Last: muchas gracias compaƱero. thanks mate (by luciusFernatore)
need help with an assignment

Write a program to compute the grade earned by a (one) student. The program will initially request 6 assignment, 2 test, and 1 final examination scores. All sc...
[8 replies] Last: Hello Cerdoken, As I was scrolling back through your post of "Sep 19,... (by Handy Andy)
by Lilil
Getting the current time of day from hour, seconds, and minutes using structure C++

How do I even get the time of day in military time from the imputes I would receive from this code? I do not really know to do that. I tried to research some id...
[2 replies] Last: Obtaining the current time of day doesn't require you to take user i... (by mbozzi)
return from the visuals after the output

Hi all. I hope you give me some little attention and time, i need someone to rely on to develop my program. My project is periodic table and i am working it on ...
[11 replies] Last: Hi sir @jonnin, It's fine now Haha!! Clrscr(); didn't work. It just g... (by daryledevs)
Calculation function

I want to calculate the number of batches of cookies made after a user inputs the number of people. I also want it to round up one digit. But I get 0 when testi...
[3 replies] Last: Yessss it works! I put the numberOfBatches after the cin and now its... (by rororoxor)
by Aathy
How do I skip numbers?

Hi Im writing this code listing from 1 to 30 but I want to skip any number that is related to 6. Example 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 22 23 ...
[8 replies] Last: Oh, you're correct, he said any sixes, not just ends with six. Yep, ... (by Ganado)
function call into main

I am getting error in my code please solve this...! #include<iostream> using namespace std; class Myclass { public: Myclass() { char First_Nam...
[3 replies] Last: @ blongho and @ mirzasalman First_Name="Mirza" should create a ve... (by Duthomhas)
using stringstream draw Tic Tac Toe

Hi, I want use stringstream to draw my board cout << "\n\n\tTic Tac Toe\n\n"; cout << endl; cout << " | | " << endl;...
[1 reply] : Replace "cout" with the name of your std::stringstream variable. Don't... (by Ganado)
Loosing identification when including header

Hello, I am trying to use a POINT in a class. When I create the header file everything is rosey. I created the .cpp file and included the header, now however I ...
[4 replies] Last: Hey Andy thanks for the reply, You were right on the money I somehow f... (by BadAtEverything)
Help with threads

Hello everyone! Here is the code of the Universal Turing Machine from a few text files which can execute either 1.txt or 2.txt or 3.txt or 4.txt. I need to fig...
[1 reply] : Double post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/242782/ (by Thomas1965)
Class function prototypes vs definitions

I have a class that I'm writing that is split into its own .h and .cpp files. In the .h file I've listed some function prototypes (declarations) listed below. ...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, it cleared out the remaining errors. Thanks for your explanation.... (by gijimbo)
by quete5
Fewest number of bills

I think I'm mostly stuck on the math, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to make a program that will let the user enter an amount of money ...
[4 replies] Last: Haha can't believe it was just out of order... double money; int r... (by quete5)
Pass variable to thread as reference (C++14)

I want pass variable of custom type to thread creation. And I want pass it as reference. But this code does not work. #include <iostream> #include <mutex...
[3 replies] Last: > And how this problem solved before C++11? Before C++11, the languag... (by JLBorges)
by mJueL
Help with Class and Operator()

Hi guys, I am just starting out with programming, hope you will help me :) This code returns "hello world 0", but I would like it to return "hello world (and...
[3 replies] Last: The problem is that a on line 18 'shadows' a on line 10. In other... (by coder777)
Recursively stripping a sentence, and checking for palindrome.

I am a student going to college for Computer Science, that being said I am very much a beginner. Our professor assigned us a problem that requires us to "strip"...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, I truly want to understand c++, just get confused... (by WalkerGoldy)
Using only do-while loops to make an inverted equilateral triangle

Write a program using DO WHILE statement that displays an inverted equilateral triangle using asterisks. No asterisk should be adjacent to one another. The he...
[10 replies] Last: thank you so much.. I just need to understand well the codes you've ga... (by closed account 9G3v5Di1)
September 2018 Pages: 1... 7891011... 20
  Archived months: [aug2018] [oct2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.