Beginners - October 2018

typedef double

I would like to calculate the inverse of a lower triangular matrix.But, I got errors. #include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<fstream> using namespa...
[12 replies] Last: thank you lastchance (2541) and sorry for double thread. Thanks for yo... (by nurulhudaismail)
Creating a program that counts 00-77

So, this is for a school project. I am attempting to create a program that counts from 00 - 77 in octal. I was given a base code, and told to modify it. So far,...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { for (unsigned int i = 0; i < 8; ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
lower triangular matrix inversion

Can anyone share the straight forward codes for a lower traingular matrix inversion. Thank you.
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; using mat... (by lastchance)
by AL88
Trouble understanding preprocessor directives

Im trying to set 3 different debugging levels. Ive been trying every possible combination and reading different books for days but im still not getting it sorry...
[5 replies] Last: Do you still have a question there? Apart from low/med/high being ide... (by jonnin)
Monte Carlo Methods

This is the code I created to calculate in C ++ using Monte Carlo methods, the average distance between the points evenly distributed in a cube. I do not unders...
[3 replies] Last: My problem with this code is that in switch -> case 0, when I create ... (by kbw)
Unorderred Array based list

Hey guys i'm very very new to cplus plus and i am creating this data structure for and array based list class. Im also creating a derived class called unordere...
[4 replies] Last: oh i manage to fix it. i forgot to put =0; at the virtual function ins... (by Syazlina123)
Checking Armstrong Numbers through while loop (homework

Here is the homework question, Write a program that inputs two numbers (interval) from user and print all the Armstrong numbers in that interval. In case, if ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, so that is the mistake.. It was actually written in the examples o... (by redfury)
by Kreons
Help with deck of cards program

Hi. I'm at a complete loss I'm trying to make a deck of cards that can be shuffled and distributed to 4 players. I have to use the three classes and I have to c...
[7 replies] Last: Any ideas on how to fix that. Read the warning message, don't do wh... (by Repeater)
need urgent help before submission

hello all, i've worked on this project for very long time and have dedicated a lot of hours to make it and debug and fix bugs and everything went well. i've ...
[10 replies] Last: Please DO NOT DELETE YOUR CODE after getting answers. It makes this t... (by MikeyBoy)
writing and printing out constructor pointer

Expanding my learning on c++, definitely now that i am in the deps of c++, going to need a lot of help from all of you pros :) so i have the code below, the ...
[9 replies] Last: // b points to a which is allocated on the stack. Vector2 a; Vect... (by Peter87)
by bteddy
I need a List/Chart that list "old headers" and "new headers" that they are replaced with.

Hello, I installed 32bit G++ and GCC from Mingw-64 Version 6.0.0. I have some old code I need to compile, modify compile, then rewrite compile. I need a ...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you (by bteddy)
Comparator in sort

I am having a problem with using comparator in the sort function in c++. The problem doesn't occur in codeblocks but on spoj online compiler, it gives an error...
[5 replies] Last: The most likely place to see time used is in seeding of srand. One wou... (by keskiverto)
Class derivation / Shared functions question?

So if I have a pure abstract base class as so: class A { public: virtual void message1() const = 0; virtual void message2() const { //show message }; }...
[1 reply] : Using inheritance, something like this, perhaps: #include <iostream>... (by JLBorges)
Calling Values from a Function to Another

Hi, I'm having trouble passing a value from one function to another. However, I am supposed to pass the calculated grossSalary from the function getGrossSalary...
[3 replies] Last: Ahhh, I see I fixed the code and it's now working perfectly. I really ... (by randombeginner)
by JayGln
string manipulation

Hello, I'm trying to write a function that will take in a single string. In that string it has multiple pieces of information only broken up by a '\n'. So far t...
[10 replies] Last: thank you guys i will try this approach now and see what i come up wit... (by JayGln)
Type specifier issue

Working with an array here. Not sure how to fix this problem I have on line 78 where 'array' is not specified. #include <iostream> using namespace std; voi...
[3 replies] Last: Haha thanks. I'll be producing some wack punctuation for a while. (by Jack599)
Working with counter-controlled while loops

Write your question here. Exercise 1. Write an algorithm (pseudocode) to read a set of sales data items from standard input and calculate and output their t...
[7 replies] Last: "cout is ambiguous" is a common compiler error I have had it happen to... (by Satan)
by rosko
Need Help

I need help with this code. Thanks! #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double a{26}, x; int i,n; cout<<"Members:"; cin>>n...
[4 replies] Last: Hello rosko, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting button), ... (by Handy Andy)
Comparisons in an Array

Need to write a program that finds values in an array. Having a bit of trouble figuring out how to count the number of comparisons it makes until it finds the v...
[2 replies] Last: Would you say that your program is now similar to: #include <iostream... (by keskiverto)
Converting number into words

I have written a program to display numbers from 0-9999 into words. The program is working properly but I am experiencing unexpected output when I enter numbers...
[2 replies] Last: @moazali, The way you have it, if tens==1 it just prints out the "teen... (by tpb)
October 2018 Pages: 123... 28
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.