Beginners - September 2018 (Page 6)

by Syvel
Initializing Vectors

Im trying to use a variable vector array for a variable amount of classes. I cant seem to initialize any of the vectors variables. Is there a better way to make...
[2 replies] Last: Oh. Thanks. (by Syvel)
calculating pi

i need help creating a program to calculate pi, been at it all weekend, i am stumped man // Program Template #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[2 replies] Last: desk check, debugger step-by-step, diagram flow... [code firstline=50]... (by ne555)
by fedegp
Vector of objects with different member functions?

Hi all, I'm writing here because I have a problem with objects with different member functions. #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <string> #inc...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=fedegp]Do you know a way to use a variabile number of inouts im... (by lastchance)
hi

can i switch bit
[7 replies] Last: Somehow I think his username says it all. (by lastchance)
PROGRAM WEIRD EXIT.

I'm new to programming on a whole and im stuck on a weird place where my program just exits when it reaches a part of it. The .h and main file will be in the r...
[8 replies] Last: You should store the dates with numbers. Convert to words when you ou... (by dhayden)
by nearc
doubly Linked list print

I have no idea why this code doesn't print backwards. If I create list with these numbers 12345. normal forwards function prints(12345) while bakwards one pri...
[5 replies] Last: How could tail point to the last node, if there is already node tail->... (by keskiverto)
by DellXT
Program needs to be changed a little...

Hi, everyone! I've code of universal Turing machine. It needs to be changed into parallel Turing machine. How should I do it? https://pastebin.com/nBJt8GSd
[3 replies] Last: So... read the answers that have been given in that thread. Take the ... (by MikeyBoy)
Need help with Input/Output/Functions

Hi! I've recently started my Program Structure & Design class and my class has been learning how to use C++. We're doing an assignment where we have to write a ...
[3 replies] Last: > That's why you're getting strange numbers; those numbers are memory... (by JLBorges)
Trivia Program Project

Hello, I am very, very new to programming (as in I just started my very first class on the topic 2 weeks ago) and I have been floundering for the past two weeks...
[2 replies] Last: Declare and initialize (i.e. create and assign values for) variables/... (by MikeyBoy)
Machine Problem for school activity

Write your question here. Greetings! I am student taking up a course in c++ programming, and i have an activity where in i need to solve this problem : Wr...
[6 replies] Last: Hello angeles1migs, You are welcome. If there is anything else I can ... (by Handy Andy)
Recreating a Function to Reflect Passing Two Arrays

Hello, I have an assignment for my Intermediate C++ programming class that is coming due very soon. I searched the C++ Forum here, and Googled help with t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you coder777. Do you have any suggestions on how to reflect the... (by sean4fsu777)
by Lilil
Help with arrays.

Hello, I have asked a similar question earlier but I was seeing if this code is right or not. Seeing this makes a bit sense to me from my research however, for ...
[1 reply] : Why are you return ing ... from main() ... on line 19? You might conc... (by lastchance)
try and catch exception.

I am trying to do a try and catch, but I keep on getting an error for some reason. The error I am getting is the Debug Assertion Failed. I am trying to loop thr...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <stdexcept> #include <string> #include <... (by mbozzi)
Assertion failure

Hey again, Been awhile since I posted here but I am back again with another question. I have an assertion failure in a bigint project that I cannot figure out....
[8 replies] Last: I see, so it is giving me a remainder of 0. I will try to figure out h... (by talemache)
Holding NUL char

Hello again guys So what I'm trying to achieve is next: - Read file for certain number of bytes until EOF - Convert each chunk to hexadecimal using functio...
[1 reply] : strlen reads the string until it reaches null. You should put the siz... (by poteto)
by DellXT
Compiler errors

I've downloaded coniow files and the compiler still shows some errors in the code. I guess it's about text coloring. How should I fix it? https://pastebin.com/...
[2 replies] Last: Hello DellXT, I did get the program to run to a point. The first scre... (by Handy Andy)
How do I get the rows and colums to show specific values (not part of calculation)

Hi guys! New to the forums here. I am working on a C++ project and have been stuck on two parts: 1. Can someone help me understand why my setprecision is not...
[3 replies] Last: Awesome. Thank you Handy Andy and JLBorges. This has been very helpful... (by abeabukwaik)
Fibonacci number

Write a program that will display the nth Fibonacci number. Create a function that will generate the nth Fibonacci number. Fibonacci numbers are numbers from th...
[17 replies] Last: Agreed: recursion takes for ever here. I think there are quite big - a... (by lastchance)
Declared variable in header file causes a C4430 error

I have a header file called "Engine.h", and a cpp file "Engine.cpp", i declare a variable that is type of a struct/class (doesn't matter at the moment), then i ...
[5 replies] Last: Fixed it, both of your solutions work, thanks. (by closed account jNUpSL3A)
by nearc
Doubly linked list question

Can someone explain this part to me? 1. double_llist() { start = NULL; } what does it do? why it doesn't start with void? 2. doubl...
[4 replies] Last: The loop at lines 135 and 136 moves s down until it points to the last... (by dhayden)
September 2018 Pages: 1... 45678... 20
  Archived months: [aug2018] [oct2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.