Beginners - September 2018 (Page 16)

Need opinions

Hello so after sometime with C language like 8 days? i started with C++ this is my second day and i made this calculator :D it's working properly and the loop i...
[6 replies] Last: A "real" infix calculator with parentheses and stuff is a great exerci... (by mbozzi)
Profiler Very Sleepy on Windows

Greetings, is anyone familiar with the Very Sleepy profiler on a Windows system? If I let it sample over my C++ application (run from Code Blocks IDE), it can...
[no replies]
Run time polymorphism not working

In my opinion the code should run,why is it not running? #include<iostream> using namespace std; class Base { public: virtual void show() { cout<<" In Base \...
[1 reply] : prog.cpp: In function ‘int main()’: prog.cpp:20:12: error: no mat... (by Ganado)
Multiplying without *

Hi so im just a beginner in c++ programming and we have a task to do that we multiply 2 numbers without using * and using while/do while. can anyone help me wit...
[5 replies] Last: this is similar to the powers problem. take 6*7 for example. first, ... (by jonnin)
by hanes
Wrong output with matrix program

Hello, I am having trouble with this program not working properly. When I set the matrix to size 1 it works properly but when its greater than 1 it does not giv...
[3 replies] Last: int row = 0, col = 0; bool found = false; for (row = 0; ... (by tpb)
something missing in my "Two Stones" problem

Hey, I am heading into my 3rd week of CS1 so i may be missing something simple. However i've created a program for the twostones problem on kattis that i feel ...
[2 replies] Last: Where is your input? As mentioned by keskiverto you never get input ... (by H00G0)
by mewtoo
Conitinue without loop?

Hi c++ forum, I'm new to c++ and I'm having problems, I tried my best to search this forums for any helpful solutions but it seems that I don't know how to make...
[5 replies] Last: 1. This was very helpful as I thought you can instantly put the formu... (by H00G0)
Append an array pointer to an vector?

Hello, I am using OpenGL and I have a function where you can provide vertices, these are provided as a smart pointer to an array of vertices. Now I want to app...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, but I ended up doing this: textureTypes[triangles->rendertex]... (by timl132)
[c++] Bank Queue Simulation & Supermarket Queue Simulation

Does anyone done project as title which can share me for reference? Reason being is my lecturer just briefly touch the topic and concept and asked us to comple...
[1 reply] : Hello anonymous9999, Welcome to the forum. You can do a search here ... (by Handy Andy)
Confusion:Comparing a Node's String variable in a function

Let's say i have this node: struct Patient { string pname; string pid; string phonenum; string address; string fathersname; s...
[1 reply] : void foo( const std::string & pid ) { Patient* disp = head; while... (by keskiverto)
Area of a Rectangle and Command Prompts

Hello, I'm completely new to this and this might be a stupid question, but when I start this without debugging and the command prompt appears, I was wondering i...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the help! (by CosmicInferno)
New desperate programmer here

Hello c++ members. I am Zac and this is my first post here. I am brand new to c++ and have taken only 1 course in it. I am trying my hand at creating my own cal...
[4 replies] Last: zapshe's sample is OK in terms of execution, it is very close to worki... (by poteto)
Unsigned int std::

Receiving unsigned int std & no instance of overload fn errors. Any insight? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <Windows.h> #include <string> #i...
[1 reply] : size_t temp = target.find(start, delimiter); You've got the paramet... (by Repeater)
SPOJ- TWO CIRCLES

https://www.spoj.com/problems/SMPCIRC/ #include<iostream> #include<math.h> using std::cout; using std::cin; int main() { int t; cin>>t; ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, problem solved!!! #include<iostream> #include<math.h> using std... (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Initializing struct incompletely

Hello, is the following correct? Suppose I define a structure: struct particle_neighborlist{ double x, y, z, disp_x, disp_y, disp_z; std::vector <...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by PhysicsIsFun)
functions (numbers)

if you see right under the profit/loss in the output its showing crazy number. can someone check how it get rid of it $8.96872e+10 //header file declra...
[2 replies] Last: Hello poonamp6792, When I tested your program this is what I found: ... (by Handy Andy)
distance between center of circles

Why is my output wrong? cin>>x1>>y1>>r1>>x2>>y2>>r2; int dist=(sqrt(pow((x1-x2),2)+pow((y1-y2),2))); cout<<dist;
[5 replies] Last: Ok, I figured it out. No problem with the calculation rather another p... (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
by Seyter
Converting units

How can i use the same variable like this? double km, yard, mile; //like this below meter=100; km=meter*0.001; yard=meter*1.094; ...
[8 replies] Last: @lastchance Thank you for your clarification. I know about limitations... (by codehelper)
Insert words with space between into char array

When I enter my address for example: Headquarters 1120 N Street Sacramento 916-654-5266 Because of the space between words, it also enters the next two var...
[2 replies] Last: Hello rokij6698, Your use of cin >> decision works fine for variabl... (by Handy Andy)
IDE / Compiler-setup

Hi there, okay, this might be a littlebit strange, but i'm a hobby-programmer using C++, but i never lerned how to use a makefile. I alsways used tools or pred...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I found a solution (by artganseforth)
September 2018 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 20
  Archived months: [aug2018] [oct2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.