Beginners - September 2018 (Page 10)

While Loops with math

I need help with while loops containing math. We're supposed to read the codes given and put the answers on paper. We're not supposed to actually write or run a...
[5 replies] Last: If that teacher you have is not able to teach to an acceptable standar... (by OKcomputer)
for loop help

i'm trying to make a loop that repeats steps 2-6 of my algorithm until user chooses to close the window. could anyone give me an example of what that would loo...
[3 replies] Last: Why do you want to repeat those steps? And is there a specific number ... (by OKcomputer)
argument of type const wchar_t * is incompatible with parameter of type lpstr

Hello, when i run this program I got the following error: argument of type const wchar_t * is incompatible with parameter of type lpstr on Line 55 ...
[no replies]
One function to fill a vector of =/ daughters class

Hi, I am very new to C++ (and this website). I want to create just one function which are able to fill a vector of different derived class from an abstract c...
[3 replies] Last: +Peter Oh... Its that simple :/ Thank you a lot, thats work perfectly... (by MartinR)
Scrolling text in terminal, from input file

I would like to create a program that reads a TXT file (say, a poem or a song) and then it outputs it on the terminal screen in a scrolling way, like at the bot...
[11 replies] Last: @Thomas1965 Sorry. I've never used the #ifdef functions in my program... (by whitenite1)
Constructor vs Functions

I have an odd question : class Square{ private: double side_A; double side_B; double result; public: Square():sid...
[4 replies] Last: Because the one with no args will be for the square What kind of squ... (by keskiverto)
by RahRah
function Pass or fail

How can i go about writing a function for student doing 6 subjects the learner has to pass 4 subjects including english to pass that grade and the subject passm...
[3 replies] Last: First, please use code tags when posting code. See http://www.cplusplu... (by keskiverto)
by viribo
pointers and inherit classes

Hi guys, I am brand new here. I am having a problem with pointers in c++. I want to set a random wage for a class object, but I don't understand how to change t...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> struct Programador { ... (by Repeater)
stack issue

i am trying to implement a stack that keeps throwing an exception and says unable to read memory. its working fine with int and even char when i tested them al...
[6 replies] Last: i figured it out, i wasn't even building the stack in the default cons... (by Echelon22)
c4700 error, and c4474 warning

working on distance formula program for my CS1 class I think i'm close but running into a c4700 error on line 54 and a c4474 warning on line 72. i still need t...
[2 replies] Last: You are passing an uninitialized variable to findDistance(x1, y1, x2,... (by tibrado)
Is there another good place to learn C++ Object Oriented?

So far I know of this site and stackoverflow.
[3 replies] Last: Thank for the replies. I will check out that book. (by boypetey17)
Trying to display output from functions inside a class.

I want to put what I have in my main into the function plot(), which is in the Graph class, and then call it in my main to display it, so that my main does not ...
[2 replies] Last: Lol. That helped. Thanks. (by boypetey17)
Distance formula for CS1 class

Hi, I'm just starting out programming and I have to create a program that measures distance between 2 points on a 2d grid. I think i'm pretty close but somethi...
[4 replies] Last: so would sqrt(pow(x2 - x1, 2) + (y2 - y1, 2)) be correct? (by TheJast)
How do I perfectly allign my columns in this output?

The output looks crooked. And how do I sort the values of each distance from origin in ascending order? How do I compare the values from each generated value of...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, that helped. Thanks. (by boypetey17)
exit function (1,2)

Write your question here. im giving user 4 options and using switches inside switches for other choices. choosing option 4 is supposed to exit program and my ...
[23 replies] Last: What does Code::Blocks or MinGW have to do with the Microsoft compile... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Need help with an assignment.

I am new to C++ programming so I need help with a question. Please I Really need help. Anyone can give me some pointers on what to do? Question 2 Welcome to ...
[7 replies] Last: Hello CheesyForde1, You are welcome. I am glad that you got something... (by Handy Andy)
Help making a diagonal line based off user input

Hello, I am new to c++ and just started a for fun online course a few weeks ago. I created some code to make a square based off what the user inputs to how big...
[1 reply] : Hello thunderbird, Welcome to the forum. What you have to keep in mi... (by Handy Andy)
Some theoretical questions!

I'm studying C++ and I am quite a beginner, and I came up with some questions I really need to solve, to learn well and understand even better. I hope someone o...
[4 replies] Last: Finally I understood it! Wow thank you so much my dear. With good exam... (by VonNeumann)
How to get pointer array to output data and not memory address?

I'm trying to implement a dynamic bool array in conjuction with a data array that will store items within a bag. The data array stores a character that is provi...
[4 replies] Last: The code looks good to me now. If it isn't working then post - a comp... (by dhayden)
Segmented sieve using C

Here is my segmented sieve. Any tips to make the program run faster? Also please check if my method is correct. #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> ...
[6 replies] Last: Yes. I have no idea what the big-O of that approach is! That is nont... (by jonnin)
September 2018 Pages: 1... 89101112... 20
  Archived months: [aug2018] [oct2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.