Beginners - September 2015 (Page 8)

by GFring
leap year calculator using class

Leap year calculator while practicing class. I get an error at display portion 1. Create a class named Date 2. Class has 3 private data items (name the data i...
[3 replies] Last: I also changed the print to this cout << endl; cout << "The ... (by GFring)
by HG319
Implement merge function within AVLtree insert function

We are given the AVLtree implementation. We have to right our own class SQMAP which contains a merge function that is called from the insert function within the...
[no replies]
help with cond. and loop

hello as the title said i'm having trouble understanding these (i just started studying c++) to cut to the chase here's my code cout<<"\nEnter 'y' to...
[3 replies] Last: Did you fix both if (choice1 ==) statements? #include <iostream> ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by C0UG3R
Bubble Sort with Character Arrays in C++

I'm trying to sort a some character arrays in alphabetical order with a bubble sort function. But my if statement doesn't seem to be right. The function loops i...
[1 reply] : It all depends on what type name is and, more importantly, what the ... (by Norm Gunderson)
segfault

i dont see any way for segfault in this loop http://pastebin.com/JRUrKhTt can someone track it for me?, been debugging for hours
[1 reply] : What does getTime_log() do? (by helios)
Testing VS2013 express for desktop

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main() { float in_cm; char in_inches ; printf("Convert inches: "); scanf_s("%s", &in_in...
[2 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1775865/preventing-console-window-f... (by ne555)
by besurk
2D Arrays Help

For this 2D array, I was asked to search for a number. Once found I needed to output its location. Could someone explain to me how would I find the number's ind...
[4 replies] Last: Awh, yes. I was missing the braces in the if statement. Thank you (by besurk)
Using function to create random walk of robot

MY QUESTION: Write a function randomWalk that takes as input the initial position of a robot moving on the screen. The function should place a character at th...
[1 reply] : I'm not understanding what you are asking but I see you are using assi... (by Peter87)
Help on my assignment due on 28 Sep 2015

Hi i am currently having a night classes for my degree and part of the module consist of programming. To be frank, i am a newbie on C++, hence, i'll need some g...
[6 replies] Last: OIC you're doing it in C not C++ :[ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by new1
maps with list iteration

Hello guys, got stuck in below :( i have a map called list<string> list1; map<string,list>map1; i want to populate my map while reading some data (strings...
[4 replies] Last: I think the way I suggested would work. The key is a string and the va... (by dhayden)
std::cout to std::string

Hi, I need my script to store a date as a variable. The current script I have to generate the date is working. The output generated is, for example: 2015-9-26 ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! Got it working! (by dominicnl)
non-lvalue in assignemt

What does non-lvalue in assignment error mean? How should it be fixed. I can't find a useful solution on the internet and any help would be greatly appreciate...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry, there was another problem in there too which was causing the er... (by zaryabsaeed)
by Arquon
Question about FOR loop.

Hello, how can I get FOR to type "number 2,x and =" 10 times without any increasements ? And how to increase number by two instead of one ? I need to use FOR in...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much ^^ (by Arquon)
Randomly eliminates an index in an array

Hi guys, Can I have a sample code that randomly eliminates an index in an array: ex. string items = {"item1", "item2", "item3", "item4", "item5"}; ...
[2 replies] Last: Set item1 at some value that designates it as "inactive" and decrement... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
How to answer a question in each loop?

Hi! I am new to programming and C++ so if you can pls help me. I have a question loop code that prints only up to five: for(int i = 0;i < 5;i++) { cout ...
[6 replies] Last: Ohh I see, thanks for the additional information YFGHNG,helps me on my... (by RandomGeek)
Loop with 5 questions only

Hi! I am new to programming and C++ so please bear with me. How can I loop with only 5 questions in it? Like when I press F5 in my Visual Studio I will see m...
[2 replies] Last: Hello! Thanks for the reply I think I have finally solved my problem ... (by RandomGeek)
by Giftfg
check

Hey guys..so my prof gave me this question but am confused. So check this out....Write a program that ask a user to enter three values then the program should a...
[7 replies] Last: ok thank you all (by Giftfg)
Need Help with Code Problem

Hi, I'm trying to work on the following code problem (from Absolute c++ 6th edition book)and was very unsure how to start and write this code. I was hoping if s...
[3 replies] Last: So give it something to convert. #include <iostream> using namespac... (by pearlyman)
recursion

can some one show me an example how to convert the tail recursion back to the normal recursion? I am really have a hard time Write your question here....
[4 replies] Last: I dunno. All I'm doing is providing @OP with a resource of the differe... (by YFGHNG)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 678910... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.