Beginners - September 2015 (Page 6)

I need some help with this Overloaded program

I am having trouble cleaning this mess up. This overloaded program is supposed to utilize an overloaded equality operator that should return true if the two st...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> class Student { private: ... (by JLBorges)
by AbU20
If/else if or Switch and strings

I'm wondering what is the best way to handle this bit of code. The user is asked to input a string from a list of strings, and each string has some variables th...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the info and link. That part of my program wasn't as bad/lo... (by AbU20)
Problem solving homework assignment

Hi, I have a homework assignment similar to a problem that is on this website. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/143462/ Unfortunately, even after I...
[10 replies] Last: The last post got me to understand what I was looking at. Thank you ve... (by xNoodlesx)
by evansh
Self teaching C++ for big data

Hello all, I recently began a job in biotech/healthcare that has ended up requiring a lot of competence in mining large amounts of data. I've taken a figure-...
[no replies]
by saruff
Coin toss (does this do the trick?)

so...ive been trying to do the coin toss exercise and all the code that ive seen online so far looks way more "elaborated"...so im not really sure about what ...
[1 reply] : Well, your coin might be slightly biased to one or other side (because... (by MiiNiPaa)
Making a float display no more than 2 decimal places

Hey guys. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to display a float where it won't show more than two decimals but it also won't show two if it doesn't have to....
[1 reply] : There is a problem with that. For example, number 4.3 is not represen... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Myzen
Basic Arithmetic Calculator

Hi! I'm new to C++. I have a basic calculator I have to make which requires the user to input to values and choose from the options (A-D and Q *for quit*) what ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Kemort!! (by Myzen)
by mevans
Redefinition error on line 76

This was an assignment that is already past due, but I'd like to get it working anyways so I can see what I'm doing wrong. The program is supposed to take in 5 ...
[3 replies] Last: Choose another name to avoid name clash. (by MiiNiPaa)
Multiplying elements in array

I need help with the formula to calculate my array #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { const int SIZE_ARRAY = ...
[1 reply] : // Initializing an array, filling an array and manipulating elements. ... (by carlosluismatos2)
by NouraB
Multiplying Binary Arrays

Hi, I am required to multiply and add binary arrays for an assignment. Originally I had it set where I convert the binary array to a decimal number, multiply th...
[no replies]
by anag
Recurring problem with Code

All right will be updating if I get anything else that needs to fixed. thanks.
[2 replies] Last: I see multiple problems. Some of which may be settled with your #inclu... (by pearlyman)
by Zammi
How to read a file into a struct?

honestly I'm just starting to learn c ++ . I am currently a project for my university in which I developed most of the functions required, but i fail in the mom...
[2 replies] Last: 0110552018 0210011815 0409281947 0508151535 0609111801 0908411733 1110... (by pearlyman)
Blocking While Loop Placement & Program Continuation Problem (1,2)

Hey guys, this is my first post I hope to learn some new things. This is my 3rd homework assignment in my first programming class. I attend the University of Io...
[27 replies] Last: :) (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Array with loop.

Hi guys. My first post here. Hopefully not my last :) I have a little problem. I have an assignment. It goes kind of like this: You buy a ticket. The user...
[2 replies] Last: Yep. Exactly. It overwrites all the time. Do u got a solution? Second ... (by Suckmynothing1)
by sme
Searching for a certain set of numbers in an array

In my c++ program I create an array which the user will need to enter the integers and will be stored in this array. Then I need to find if certain numbers are ...
[1 reply] : Read: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/io/basic_istream/operator_gtgt ... (by MiiNiPaa)
How to check if string contains any char from another string

So I want to check if the string "picture" user inputs in the program contains any "illegal" characters. I also want to check if the vector<string> "edges" cont...
[1 reply] : To find characters from another string: http://en.cppreference.com/w/c... (by MiiNiPaa)
Need help with resolving "unidentified reference to" error

Ok so I got this issue in my project I just can't for the life of me figure out. My compiler refuses to compile my program because of a variable i'm trying to d...
[11 replies] Last: :) (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
if/else prob .. Help Pls!!!!

Using Visual Studio 2013... #include"stdafx.h" #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<string> #include<Windows.h> #include<dos.h> #include<cs...
[3 replies] Last: I understand what you're attempting and saying it twice doesn't add an... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
C++ rules for args - reasons?

So, in the Mad Lib chapter of Beginning C++ Through Game Programming (by Michael Dawson), it's stated two things: 1. "Once you specify a default in a li...
[3 replies] Last: Allright, then. Thanks guys. :) (by Madolite)
Syntax for Pointer

Hello, I am having trouble with recognizing the syntax related to pointers and arrow operator. In the body of the function const_iterator& operator++(), the c...
[12 replies] Last: How can I initialize a pointer other1? Set it to something. Conside... (by AbstractionAnon)
September 2015 Pages: 1... 45678... 42
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.