Beginners - September 2014 (Page 6)

Easy c++ program that i can't figure out.

[no replies]
classes projects c++

Can someone give me some fun ideas of projects in c++ using classes? For example some games using classes in c++.
[1 reply] : The game Snake is a bit of a classic, where you have to eat the target... (by squished18)
static function template?

HI, how to make a static function template? I have this code F.h --- header file template<unsigned N, unsigned M> static int compare(const char(&p...
[4 replies] Last: Your compiler is allowing non-standard main definitions. It will not w... (by MiiNiPaa)
FUNCTIONS WITH DIFFERENT RETURN TYPES AND PARAMETERS

NuMetro has a special on movies for all members of the public but special discounts for students and pensioners. If pensioners or students buy a movie ticket th...
[1 reply] : Let's start with what error message you are receiving. Just copy and p... (by squished18)
pointers

is pointers really important? i mean there are some people saying that it will not be useful in future
[4 replies] Last: Understanding them is both important and useful. The latest language ... (by keskiverto)
function with argument lists as string. Is it possible?

I want to create a function with accepts strings as arguments, but I cant seem to make it happen. This is closest I've got. Deck::Deck( int num, ... ){ ...
[1 reply] : // http://ideone.com/7Zf7Bv #include <string> #include <vector> #incl... (by cire)
by hp16
Linked List using classes

Hello everyone, I'm creating a program that has two classes: one for the Node and another one for the Linked List. Everything so far looks good but I'm getting ...
[1 reply] : never mind, I found it. I was missing a semicolon after SLL class (by hp16)
by PKJatt
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000014.

This is a parchment of my code which is faulty. In this case I am trying to manipulate multiple linked lists. when I add a new Animal to the list, it gives an e...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, I get it now. Thank you for all your help "cire". Really apprecia... (by PKJatt)
OpenGL.exe has stopped working

I made an OpenGL program(by following youtube videos and it worked for the youtuber) and its giving me an error OpenGL.exe has stopped working after the window ...
[no replies]
class constructor

should i only use constructor if i used set and get? because it says constructor should not have return or void
[2 replies] Last: Construction can be done even for classes without getters n setters (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by vxk
palindrome using pointers;

Q) Write a program that prints whther a given string is a palindrome or not. write one function void checkPalindrome(char *str) Can somebody guide wi...
[8 replies] Last: 1) I suggest to read string in std::string and then call checkPalindr... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Jhub
please help with probability

Hi Everyone, at the end of my code you will see it outputs 0 the hold number and the hold number plus 1 up to 6, to the right of these numbers my code states h...
[no replies]
expected unqualified-id before '{' token

Hi there! Can you tell me what is "expected unqualified-id before '{' token" means? I am writing a code that looks like this when it is done Please enter two ...
[1 reply] : void CalcIntResults( int para1, int para2, int& refsum, int& refdiffe... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Confused about boolean class constructor

Given a complete clock class specification, I am supposed to write an implementation and also write a program to get the current time and display the time in mi...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I was seriously over thinking the problem. I also realized ... (by kemotoe)
Infinite loop while attempting to read char by char until end of line

//Reads in digits for an array. int getFactors (int ary , ifstream &inFile) { char k = '0'; int count; for (int i = 0; i < MAX; i++) ...
[11 replies] Last: Perfect. Thank you and thanks for the reference. Definitely need to do... (by jdwright)
by davez
need help here

i was able to create a program that displays the highest and lowest value of the inputted number #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { ...
[3 replies] Last: @Sherre02 Yeah, looks to be doing the same as my pseudocode. A very ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
[Help] Nested for loop

Can someone please explain to me the logic of nested for loop statement? Im just a newbie. #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { for...
[7 replies] Last: oops (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Key Presses

How would one wait for a key press let's say "P" to do something in the program but the program mustn't ask for it. So you can do it whenever but the program d...
[1 reply] : yes its possible , this is what you see in video games. The enemies k... (by vxk)
by a1tn
Virtual static function that differs with each derived class?

What I am trying to do is have a variable that can be accessed statically (i.e. Error::code) but each derived class can set it to a different value. For exampl...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much JLBorges (by a1tn)
by Jhub
nested loops

I am writing this program that will simulate the roll of a dice. The user inputs the number of rolls (turns) and the value he wants to stay at or above. each ...
[2 replies] Last: the results still do not seem correct? #include <iostream> #include... (by Jhub)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 45678... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.