Beginners - September 2014 (Page 48)

by yaaz32
ClassTemplates

Hi I'm a beginner. I'm struggling with class templates and can't seem to find my error. //Header File (Calculator.h) template <class T> class Calcul...
[12 replies] Last: > I personally do not recommend the above method. at least give rati... (by monochrome)
Need help with coding!

I'm creating a timestamp where you input the date and then the seconds elapsed but I'm having problems making my program read the Leap year and days. I have a c...
[1 reply] : dealing with date time is quite complex. i recommend try using boost... (by rafae11)
how to define actions of a "Button" class?

hello, i'm wondering how actions of a "Button" class would be defined. the class is only one, but each object will act differently when clicked. class Bu...
[9 replies] Last: the real class does have a bounding box. it is made in SFML, with a sf... (by Stauricus)
Data File

I am creating a program that lets users input the contact details of a person and saves the data in a data file . However there seems to be a problem with my co...
[6 replies] Last: There is no such thing as <iostream.h> - there is, however, <iostre... (by LB)
by shnabz
New to coding

I don't understand. Why does this work colourPos .insert(colourPos .begin(), 0); Why can't i just put colourPos .insert(0); How do I learn what "...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=shnabz]And what do I mean by "things"? In context, you mean "me... (by LB)
Text Adventure Program - Advice/Critic

Hello everyone, I am a beginner C++ student. I am taking it upon myself to create a text adventure program with the intention of expanding my C++ knowledge and ...
[10 replies] Last: Oh, great! Thank you. (by closed account 3R5fjE8b)
by eeyv
Choosing a compiler

This is going to sound really stupid but I am a beginner and I am wondering what everyone feels is the best choice for a compiler program. Lots of websites ...
[5 replies] Last: For IDE: Try all the ones that you can install for your system and get... (by LB)
by vxk
arguments in templates

Can anybody point out what is wrong with the following code: header file Header.h: template<typename T,typename B,typename C> T add(B a,C b){ T ab = a+...
[4 replies] Last: Here's a quick example (it doesn't use perfect forwarding though): htt... (by LB)
new vs. malloc

Can someone explain the difference between these two lines? Yes I know one is c++ and the other is c. What I am trying to understand is the functional differen...
[10 replies] Last: Alright I am still up ! Couldn't resist learning something new. Herb... (by TheIdeasMan)
Class private data member

Hello, I have a question Should I put all the data types member in private? Is putting data type in public bad?
[9 replies] Last: I would take exception to dhayden 's response and say that all data s... (by AbstractionAnon)
Whats wrong with my code?

Hello Everyone. This has been bothering me for a while now and for most of my programs, the line ' if (gender == male)' always has an error! Could someone tell ...
[5 replies] Last: @programmer read the OP's code the input has to be read in string. (by xenovia12)
Need help with the code

#include <iostream> using namespace std; double *array(double a, double b) { double arr ; double *p; p=arr; arr =a+b; arr =a-b; arr =a*b;...
[5 replies] Last: What if you have to use it like this: int main() { const double *dp... (by keskiverto)
by DevTK
fstream - cannot access private members declared in class basic_fstream<_Elem, _Traits>

I use fstream to open a file for writing purpose. fstream streamFile; streamFile.open ( "C:\\path\\to\\textFile.txt", fstream::in | fstream::out|...
[5 replies] Last: Well, the root of the error is that a stream may not be copied. If you... (by Chervil)
Troubleshooting dynamic array

Hello. Can anyone help me out please. I'm trying to dynamically grow an array. Below is the function which I call from main when an array (also dynamically a...
[4 replies] Last: First, http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/realloc/ Second, t... (by keskiverto)
by Theory
Very new need an explanation

Very new need an explanation // the number of blanks surrounding the greeting const int pad = 1; // the number of rows and columns to write const int r...
[1 reply] : For rows you multiply by 2 since you will need the padding on the top ... (by giblit)
by snx
LNK2019 & LNK1120

So every time I try to compile these codes it keeps giving me these errors Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl CISP430_A1::operat...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You very much that did the trick, I had a hunch that it was that... (by snx)
high schooler internship advice

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, but it seems best to put it here.) Hello all. I am a sophomore in highschool planning to try and find...
[no replies]
Basing Array Size on Input File

I have a program due for class. We just finished talking about arrays.It says: "Write a program that reads a file consisting of students' test scores in the ...
[15 replies] Last: OVERKILL class RangeTally { private: struct Range { ... (by Disch)
Bitmap animation with Thread

I am a beginner at MFC and I am going to make a simple game with some card images. When I click a button, the cards have to appear in the window with an apposi...
[6 replies] Last: How can I make it with boost thread? Main thread and animation thread... (by maria1234)
How can I make a profile dialog?

I am a beginner of MFC and I want to make a profile dialog. But I can't find the way how to receive profile image from server and display it. Help me. Thank y...
[2 replies] Last: 'profile image' is a character of an account (in other words : "avatar... (by maria1234)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 464748495051
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.