Beginners - September 2014 (Page 40)

Searching made easy

I have an issue of laziness that I would like to resolve. My problem: I am a bing rewards user and I want to search 30 terms a day. However, it sucks having...
[1 reply] : Macro (in the sense of a recorded/generated sequence of input events) ... (by helios)
by Blank
Function and Arrays

so basically im collecting the user's input and depending on their choice, the output will be averaged or simply displayed. I have tried running my code and it...
[2 replies] Last: oh...lol no wonder it doesnt work haha (by Blank)
Counting the frequency of words in a string.

I've written a code on counting the frequency of words in a string which is given below. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <map> using n...
[1 reply] : sorry ,I am still working on it (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Looping part of code with if statements

I'm new here, I've been stuck on this for a while now hopefully you can help me. So what I need help with is where if (UserSelection != 'L' && UserSelectio...
[10 replies] Last: @MaxDaniels @LendraDwi The if statement is correct with && because t... (by AbstractionAnon)
Using Random Shuffle

I need to make this program that will scramble the letters between the first and last letter of each word randomly. I want to use random_shuffle but I cannot fi...
[3 replies] Last: Don't forget to seed the PRNG: #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> ... (by Duthomhas)
problem in output

Hi, I am new to c++ and programming. I was solving the following question: Design a structure called car that holds the following information about an automobi...
[14 replies] Last: Is cin.ignore(1, '\n') the same as using cin.get() ?? (by jub4jive)
How to count the frequency of words in a string?

What is the best way to count the frequency of words in a string? Sample Input: I don't know the key to success but key failure is trying please everybod...
[3 replies] Last: Did you look at the example program in: http://www.cplusplus.com/refer... (by keskiverto)
Calling function from class

I was given this class type and am supposed to get input from the user. My error says "undefined reference to clockType::clockType()" This is the header file ...
[4 replies] Last: I'm using an IDE (CodeBlocks), but I'm supposed to use a makefile. I j... (by jynx678)
Libraries, dlls, and headers

Hello, I've been programming for quite a while now, but I always have problems with 3rd party libraries and headers when I have to build them myself, I don't...
[1 reply] : So what is the point of the library if I include the entire source co... (by AbstractionAnon)
ifstream/ofstream writing in header file class

Hello, Having an issue with the operators >> and << that I'm using to save/load data to a data file. The operators are being used in a class contained in a h...
[2 replies] Last: Ugh, I feel like an idiot. I was looking at it for like, half an hour ... (by hyperfine)
Flushing the stream.

I am reading http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/basic_io/ right now and it says: The endl manipulator produces a newline character, exactly as the insertion...
[18 replies] Last: but i don't know what iostream does exactly either, i just learned tha... (by Jacobhaha)
by lew13
Quiz Question

I was taking a quiz and I came across the following code. I didn't know how to go about solving the code would someone please be able to elaborate on what the c...
[4 replies] Last: Ai means if i is 3 for example then Ai is A3 (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
output formatting error

Hi, I am trying to figure out why my output is coming out non aligned with the header like this: Month Principal Interest Balance _____...
[1 reply] : Since you didn't post your examples in code tags to retain the formatt... (by jlb)
Compiler

I know something about C++, and I used to create simple programs in C++ language. I learned the basics of C++ from my school, there we were using TurboC++ to c...
[1 reply] : Sounds like you are after an IDE rather than a specific compiler? visu... (by mutexe)
Can someone help to convert this C++ code to Java

this involves OpenCV. I am having a trouble converting the c++ "for" loop part (check the bottom). #include "opencv2/highgui/highgui.hpp" #include "open...
[no replies]
Bracketing Search

I need a little help with bracketing search problem. i solved the first part which involves guessing the computer's number. Second part works too, but it take...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you it works very well with this algorithm. (by Victor89)
sort by length

can u guys help me find out errors? the error is "error: invalid use of member (did you forget the '&' ?)" what should i do to fix it? thx void sortByLeng...
[1 reply] : if (stringArray .size() > stringArray[i + 1].size()){ (by mutexe)
need help~testing shift equivalent by using bool function

bool equivalent(int a , int b , int n){ for(int i=0;i<n;++i){ for(int j=0;j<n;++j){ if(a[(i+j)%n]==b ){ break; } else return false; } fo...
[3 replies] Last: Well thanks to your post i'm having fun to find the answer :D Try ths... (by LendraDwi)
ifstream/ofstream

Can anyone help me to modift these code to similar code that can save into text files? ifstream data; data.open("CustRecord.txt");//txt files if...
[no replies]
Anyone Know much about Robotc?

Don't really have a code question but this is my code. This is my first robot. It is called square bot for obvious reasons. I am taking rop robotics at my schoo...
[no replies]
September 2014 Pages: 1... 3839404142... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.