Beginners - September 2014 (Page 39)

Size of empty class

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/103745/ I was reading this post and the end of discussion "vlad from moscow" said that an empty class can have any size...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks JLBorges, that was a great help. :) (by Pter0dactyl)
converting binary to decimal using cstring

I'm trying to convert a binary 16 digit to a decimal. I believe its an issue with the formula. #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <cstring> us...
[3 replies] Last: The problem is that cin >> b; reads into the first x chars in the ar... (by Yay295)
problem with ++i

Hello everyone. I know this may be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out. So the problem is I'm getting the output of the following program as 33. Accor...
[19 replies] Last: Happy to help. =) (by Disch)
Problem with Operator Overload

Im programming with Visual Studio 2010 at school and the code has worked perfectly in Windows 7 (and i was kinda proud of it). Now i went home to my fedora syst...
[5 replies] Last: Ah i see. Thank you so much for your help. *thumbs up* (by AbsBeginner)
program is not a valid win32 application

i began reading a book - thinking in c++ by bruce eckel. and for each chapter i make a visual c++ project with all important stuff in it. but today i wanted to ...
[3 replies] Last: this is not a xp issue. This has to do with 'runtime library' and whet... (by coder777)
Contention Issue without Threads

I have written the following piece of code to simulate an ad-hoc network and I have run into a problem that suggests that I am having a contention issue #inc...
[1 reply] : This usually hints at a crash before that line (by coder777)
by eltee
Parameterzied Stream Manipulators

Having trouble with an assignment. Was looking for some advice... Objectives: using the iomanip library to format screen output. Complete the provided main() ...
[4 replies] Last: Actually you should be careful with the following std::cout << s... (by jlb)
by Ch1156
Pointer Help

Ok so i'm practicing pointers and I made a small program passing them in the function parameters but when I run it, it crashes, why is that? #include <i...
[4 replies] Last: well it's generally wise to initialize variables... Your code doesn't... (by coder777)
roman converter function. need help looking at my code

hi i have a project due in Two days where i have to read in a file that contains integers and roman numerals. i am pretty much done with it the only problem is ...
[1 reply] : You've noticed the problem is with strings like IV. What you could do... (by Duthomhas)
by stoned
VST 3 SDK QT getting started

Hi, Im having trouble wrapping my head around getting started using the VST3 SDK in QT. I just started learning C++ "at an older age so bare with me" But I u...
[no replies]
by Crogn
angle of x and y points

Hey, I am pretty new to this stuff so I have been trying to do a program where the user enters the x and y cords and itll be able to figure out the angle by doi...
[1 reply] : The range of atan2() is [-pi,pi]. You should not be comparing on x. ... (by Duthomhas)
Dice Game

I made a dice game, it works fine, but I want to change something. I want to output something like: "Player 1 do you want to throw the dice?" and then gener...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for that idea, it's much better. (by Victor89)
Store a data in table

How to store a data in a table using c++ and how to search inside this table?
[no replies]
Switch inside If-Else statement error?

It won't output anything, i am pretty sure my error is in the switch statement when i use the keyword as (m). I don't think it is using the same m as the user i...
[14 replies] Last: since you are using double (floating point number/integer) as conditio... (by xenovia12)
Insertion sort program with counting number of swaps

I took this code somewhere off internet, i want the output to display the number of swaps and sorted data, can someone help me with modifying this code. ...
[1 reply] : line 32: replace 8 with n (by coder777)
by Rifaat
Pointer and Dynamically Allocated Array

I was working on this program for 2 days. I'm a beginner and i need some help please. CS M10B - Topic A Project – Due Wednesday 9/10 Write a program t...
[4 replies] Last: No. They have very certain size. Your program should ask the user for... (by keskiverto)
evaluate data in a matrix in a spiral motion?

I trying to evaluate data in a matrix in a spiral motion, but is having a hard time, figuring out how to make it move in that motion. any suggestion?
[4 replies] Last: Your start point will always be seen as center point for the spiral mo... (by DrJones)
by Mahkus
Argv[]

I need help with making an if statement that checks for if the argument when a function is run is either -encode or -decode. This is what I have so far. How wou...
[3 replies] Last: Oh, and I think you're looking for something like this: Except argv ... (by jlb)
How to declare a class object with an array object of another class?

How could I declare an object 'transaction1' of class 'CashRegister' with an object 'inventory' of an array from another class? I learned that by putting 'i...
[1 reply] : The problem here is that you're accessing memory that isn't yours. Arr... (by Avilius)
problem with searching name in file in c++

i have to write a c++ code for telephone directory in which a user can search for number for specific name given. i have written this code but isn't working. ...
[16 replies] Last: I haven't read all this, but to answer your question, I notice you kee... (by Duthomhas)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 3738394041... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.