Beginners - September 2014 (Page 35)

How to insert a blank line

Sounds really dumb and simple, but I can't figure out how to create a space between certain lines. Here's the code, #include <iostream> #include <iomanip...
[4 replies] Last: cout << endl; or "\n" inside a text string like: cout << "This is a ... (by novellof)
by Salad7
What exactly does clock() do?

I guess i understand that it starts as so as the program starts but in this example it loops, not as fast when the !getasynckeystate is there but still what goi...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Salad7)
by Salad7
How to toggle GetAsyncKeyState?

I want to create a toggle method using the insert key as an on and off switch, i have other code but im not sure its required here. can somebody point me in the...
[2 replies] Last: Ahhh perfect thanks (by Salad7)
2D String Container Library Arrays

Hello everyone. I've taken a look around the forums and haven't been satisfied by some other posts regarding arrays - but I have learned some things. I'm bra...
[no replies]
Why does i keep a constant value?

Whatever values I put i=1968461930 Why? the finished program is supposed to calculate the leap years between two given year. I want i to be the closest lea...
[2 replies] Last: Your problem is with your assignment operators...You are not using the... (by novellof)
beginner

Hello i am new at C++ and was hoping you could give me some links to websites that could provide good knowledge of the language, i know only a little bit about ...
[8 replies] Last: at the same links listed above? The materials are just published on... (by wildblue)
Printing out a diagram

How would i go about in writing a program that prints the following diagram just as it appears. It's suppose to be a rectangle but it doesn't come out like one ...
[4 replies] Last: ok thanks ill try it out and see if it works (by LATCH100)
by gduong
return a pointer to an array from function

On this line of code *m = arrayAllocator(size); I am getting an error, line 12, for *m saying that "a value of type "int" cannot assigned to an entity of t...
[1 reply] : You cant convert from int * to int . m is already declared... (by shadowCODE)
What r differences between *p and **p in C++

int **P *p=&x; is p point to the x's address's address? and *p point to the x's address? **p=n?
[1 reply] : *p1 = &x means p1 holds the address of x . In other words, p1 p... (by shadowCODE)
by SVcpp
C++ is broken?? JK, but help please?

Hello all, Thanks for looking over my code below. I've been having some problems after line 83. Anything cin entry that should wait for the user to enter in...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, I'm just doing what my teacher told me to do. I'm clearing the i... (by SVcpp)
Need advice on what to do next.

After a month of self studying c++, i now understand the basics from simple hello world to class. I wanted to jump on game development to earn some programming ...
[2 replies] Last: So i should continue doing some console programming? (by TedTheTeddyBear)
"out of the box"

Hello, I learned when I started programming with C++ that C++ applications have to be recompiled on different computers because computers have different arch...
[1 reply] : C++ applications have to recompiled only if the operating system or th... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Calculate Monthly Mortgage

I'm having an issue with my calculations or maybe how I have my class objects setup. I am not receiving any errors and the program runs fine, but it produces a ...
[5 replies] Last: Those variables aren't being calculated. The way you've written your M... (by hyperfine)
by Janks
TurnBasedGame

Hi, Im new to the forms and C++. I need help starting a turn based battle (similar to pokemon) app. How could i make this and make it cross platform. Also is it...
[7 replies] Last: As someone that knew very little about C++ and is now programming a ... (by hyperfine)
need help with pointer array for sorting

I've been working with my lab for days and can't figure it out. I know there are people who's smart enough to figure out just for minutes which I'm spending day...
[1 reply] : Your selection sort is fine. But your code needs a few adjustments. ... (by shadowCODE)
Month.cpp Class to a Main.cpp!! Help!

Someone please help me get started with this program. i am pretty sure i have all the necessary Private and public constructors, getters, etc... i just need hel...
[no replies]
by ohefny
what can i make with c++

I know that you can make games and windows apps (heavy things ... which needs years and years of learning) but i want to know if i can make something in a shor...
[15 replies] Last: @CongDao Try this book: http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Edition-Pre... (by Jeroen Mathon)
Xcode problems?

for some reason when i run this in xcode it wont run but works fine in visual studio i'm not sure what the problem is i think it may not be able to find the inp...
[no replies]
Tic Tac Toe

I am trying to make a tic tac toe game. I get the following error: error C2664: 'Move' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char ' to 'char' 1> There...
[6 replies] Last: line 13: board is uninitialized. line 26: DrawBoard is always go... (by AbstractionAnon)
Problem in printing A*B

#include <iostream> #include <cstdio> using namespace std; int main() { int t; long long a,b; scanf("%d",&t); for(int i=1; i<...
[3 replies] Last: If it is automated then it is quite possible they want just a case n... (by Veltas)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 3334353637... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.