Beginners - September 2014 (Page 34)

How to Print Hollow shapes

As the title says, what is the concept of printing out hollow shapes?
[10 replies] Last: ok thanks everyone , i ended up finishing it (by LATCH100)
by leoo
Remove the file after starting it

Hey, I'm looking for a way to remove the file after you've started it, I've tried via TerminateProcess and then forced ALL_ACCESS (since the file is in use when...
[4 replies] Last: novellof: Simply: start .exe and then remove .exe. Thanks all! Especia... (by leoo)
problem with dice rolling program

ok so i got this program where i need to roll n number of dice i got this idea about it but the thing is it seems to be printing out 2 of the same numbers one...
[14 replies] Last: Glad you finally understand all this f**ken probability. (by shadowCODE)
Paper, rock, scissor game

I just wrote a program for Paper, rock, scissor game. Is this correct? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char a,b; cout<<"...
[15 replies] Last: Technically speaking logic error shouldn't be within the game conditio... (by giblit)
Whats the use of while-loop

In what kind of problem can I use while-loop?
[6 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ Aceix. (by Aceix)
by cvdt
incomplete buffer read

I want to fill a buffer by reading data from a file. However the buffer gets incompletely filled. To check what goes wrong I first look at the remaining amou...
[4 replies] Last: As a default, files are opened in text mode. Certain characters, parti... (by Chervil)
Find the error..

The definition of the class AA got some error. Can anyone let me know whats the error in Class AA? The output should be same as in comments below.. ...
[2 replies] Last: Error 1: To call function as AA::getX() , it should be static . Err... (by MiiNiPaa)
Sum of mathematical series with Mod 10^9+7

[2 replies] Last: There are two things you have to deal with here: the overflow and the ... (by dhayden)
Runtime of an process?

I an trying to determine the runtime of an task. The taks/function is recursive, and having a hard time to define a timer which are able calculate the runtime...
[3 replies] Last: i don't want want to include the the time it take to cout the return... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Blank
Code is not working

When i run my code an error pops up and its say something about the declaration of my variable "SIZE". i have tried numerous ways to solve this problem but i ha...
[1 reply] : Windows (in windef.h included in windows.h) declares type called SIZE.... (by MiiNiPaa)
Concatenating Bytes?

I have two integers below and their binary string equivalent. The 2 is the comes first. These two numbers combined are to somehow total 670 but I can't seem t...
[4 replies] Last: I think I've figured it out.. With your help of course 0010 1001 111... (by dominover)
by plp384
Using else if multiple times

I had a programming exercise to do that seemed easy at the surface but hard to write. Is it normal to use else if, say 13 times in main? Why I ask is because ...
[4 replies] Last: it is possible to write else if 13 times, but in that situation you sh... (by xenovia12)
How to use Node as a return type in a class?

Hello, I am new to C++ and I am confused as to why I cannot utilize Node* as a return type for functions in my BST class (I have to use it as a return type). ...
[1 reply] : Class Node is a) Inner class so it can only be accessed from outsid... (by MiiNiPaa)
class that will hold a collection of elements

say for example i got this code Foo<string> f1; What is the structure of foo? is it like a normal declaration of class? class Foo{ } Or is...
[1 reply] : In your example Foo is an template class. It might look like that: ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Argument vector

Hello I'm having trouble with reading from argument vector. I'm setting up a kind of a debugging mode in my program and I have this code int main(int a...
[2 replies] Last: Gotcha. Thank you. (by Stremik)
by akai09
Does this seems right???

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { cout << fixed << setprecision(1); float time; float acceleration...
[7 replies] Last: ill give you a hint... cout << "*" << endl; (by novellof)
Indicating weither or not a value is an integer or Floating Point Value.

Write your question here. I'm really not understanding these exercises. I'm trying to learn but my arithmetic is a bit rusty. These are just two of the exercis...
[7 replies] Last: :facepalm sorry, yes 2.5 (by novellof)
Problem in printing A*B where A and B (1≤A, B ≤10^18)

I went through a simple problem given below: Your Task is so simple given to integer number A , B output A * B Input: The first line contains number...
[4 replies] Last: You already started this same thread somewhere else. Anyway the soluti... (by Smac89)
by Musi
Global instance error.

I've been trying to create a global instance of a class but when i use it i get an "Unresolved external symbol" error and i can't figure out why. This is how it...
[1 reply] : Is Global.cpp being compiled? It needs to be part of the project. (by LB)
ARRAYYYY PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I'm new to this and I'm a beginner at c++. I need some help with some questions that I've been trying to solve for hours. I think I got most of this one right b...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main ... (by novellof)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 3233343536... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.