Beginners - September 2014 (Page 32)

by Rob101
Help with limiting my cin to just integers

Hello All, This is my first post here, and I am about 3 weeks into learning C++. I wrote this program and it works great but I want to limit it to only excep...
[2 replies] Last: Using exceptions for this is not only overkill, it's downright wrong. ... (by LB)
Error checking for Prime numbers

Hello. For my class I had to write a program that asks for user input of a number. It then checks to see if this number is prime or not. If it is not prime, the...
[6 replies] Last: I changed the test variable to number and now it is working. Thank yo... (by MissPrimrose)
by davez
loop practice

hey guys i need to practice looping can someone give me practice problems using loops heres a list of what i already made 1.shapes using nested forloop 2.ex...
[no replies]
Help with Sentinel Value!

I have a couple of issues that i need to fix.This program finds the average of a number desired by the user.For example if they put in 3 and then 1,2,3 then the...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int mai... (by shadowCODE)
Using Reference Types as return objects

I'm a little confused about reference types, I saw in the C++ tutorial on functions that you can pass arguments by reference to functions: void duplicate ...
[2 replies] Last: First, I don't think the tutorial ever talked about these "temporary v... (by msknapp84)
how do i store a result in a variable

calculate the value S according to the formula S = (1.0/2)*a*t^2 and store that result in the variable distance. I have everything else set up, this is the only...
[12 replies] Last: wow i cant believe i forgot about that. thanks i finally finished it (by LATCH100)
by Salad7
Whats wrong with this pointer reasoning?

Just when i try to understand pointers =/ int a = 5, b = 10; //A = 5, B = 10 int *p1, *p2; //Create pointers that can hold addresses p1 = &a; //the ...
[8 replies] Last: thanks (by Salad7)
How to check for a prime number?

I need to write a program that asks user input of a number, checks if it is prime, and displays a message if it is prime and saves it to a file. I also need it...
[2 replies] Last: EDIT: I solved this issue. (by MissPrimrose)
by yaaz32
Adding values to a listview1

Hi I'm new to windows programming. I have a numeric drop down and a combo box. How do i use that values and add it to a listview?
[1 reply] : You might bet better help on the Windows specific forum: http://www.c... (by Yay295)
Recommended IDE for C++

Hello, I am new to C++ and I have has issues in getting C++ to work with C++. I installed the plug ins and i keep getting a common error. I small "bug" appea...
[18 replies] Last: I am using DEV C++. I just want to stick with eclipse, (or one ide tha... (by losonnyboy)
Cant execute after validation

Please explain the following error. I enter a valid number after which the program executes and I'm asked if I'd like to enter another set, i enter Yes and the ...
[2 replies] Last: doesnt seem to work either, im pretty sure its just the if an else sta... (by Zenith1900)
by jksdk4
Arrays, file I/O

Hello, I have a question about input and output with files. Unfortunately, file I/O was not touched at all in a previous class I was in due to its rapid pacing,...
[8 replies] Last: Much better. (1) It asks for the row number twice because you ask for... (by Duthomhas)
a big proplem

every time i try to run this program it takes time to start can any body tell me why here is the code #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> main() { ...
[2 replies] Last: You might also try adding fflush(stdout); after line 9. The program... (by dhayden)
|| operator combined with = operator

How come || operator works on the right side of = operator(not ==) but not on the left? case1 int x=1, y=2, z=3; if(x = y || z) //worked ...
[8 replies] Last: Lorence30, see my first post. Nivekrulol, although you can't assign a... (by dhayden)
CodeBlocks compiling source code

hello good day in an attempt to compile the codeblocks source code, after successfully compiled wxMSW-2.8.12 and compiled codeblocks10.5 source code succes...
[no replies]
Complex problem with options

Hello I've got a small problem. Pseudo code: //----------------------*-------------------------------------------------------*---------------------...
[2 replies] Last: ^Won't that code just print abc...yz and 123.789 at one? Because a str... (by Nielyboyken)
Base and Derived classes

I'm currently at work on this assignment, but I'm coming across compiler errors. It's supposed to display customer information using a base class (PersonData.h)...
[3 replies] Last: Okay, figured out the problem. I was missing a function in the PersonD... (by mct1981)
help with Tic Tac Toe

I am trying to make a Human vs Computer tic tac toe, where the computer makes random moves. The human always gets the first move 'X' and computer is next wi...
[8 replies] Last: Here is what I have. Everything is working very well except for one de... (by Victor89)
C++ Crash, Don't Know How to Fix

I'm taking a game dev class. I kinda got ahead of the class and have separate classes for my game. I had it working at one point, and now I can't figure out ho...
[10 replies] Last: I guess I don't know enough about how the linker treats inline functio... (by Computergeek01)
by emlynw
How many electrons are required to carry a charge of x coulombs

I'm trying to learn c++ and was using physics school work to try and make a program. One electron carries a charge of 1.6*10^-19 coulombs(C) and the program s...
[2 replies] Last: > but the answer I get from the program is 6.25e+018 and that's a prob... (by ne555)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 51
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.